U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 06:36 AM

4,997 posts, read 3,856,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Weinstein’s Embarrassing
Lol.....well, that flesh-colored scarf he has wrapped around his neck a few times certainly is. Must have been cold in the studio that day.

Oh, wait......that's his chin(s)??
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2013, 07:43 AM

334 posts, read 637,887 times
Harvey Weinstein is what you get when a near-sighted rabbi does a bris then throws away the baby and keeps the foreskin.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:49 AM

34,139 posts, read 58,788,352 times
Weinstein is correct if he's talking about health care. It's embarrassing how we haggle about people's lives and some have even convinced themselves that it's actually 'immoral' to provide health care for all-which is really twisted and goes against the 'judeo-christian' values that most opponents of universal health care love to wear on the sleeve.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:52 AM

3,336 posts, read 4,724,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
Well, the country is kind of embarrassing, has anyone seen how fat Americans have gotten?

And NCIS the most popular show? Really?

Embarrassing.
Don't forget that some people really care about the Kardashian family.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:53 AM

3,336 posts, read 4,724,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Weinstein is correct if he's talking about health care. It's embarrassing how we haggle about people's lives and some have even convinced themselves that it's actually 'immoral' to provide health care for all-which is really twisted and goes against the 'judeo-christian' values that most opponents of universal health care love to wear on the sleeve.
People who are unwilling to pay for their own healthcare do not deserve it.

(but that's a topic for another thread)

Old 11-20-2013, 08:37 AM

4,838 posts, read 3,791,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmsTown View Post
Blaming Hollywood for anything do with the economy is stupid.
It's what they do. Sit back & whine & whine about leftie Hollywood, Hollywood has no morals, Hollywood sucks up to the liberals, Hollywood donates to the liberals, blah blah blah conveniently overlooking the fact that they're tossing their money at Hollywood every time they see a movie. Hypocritical? Of course!

Old 11-20-2013, 09:12 AM

6,934 posts, read 7,682,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
What the heck are you even talking about? Did you even WATCH the clip you posted? What outburst exactly?" You must have super thin skin if you would define that 2 minute clip as an outburst. Wow, seriously. And really, he didn't say much so again, I don't even know where you're coming from.
Your comments are spot-on, on point. The OPs comments have no relationship to the clip which was linked, and strike me as an expression of anger against a Jewish man who is well respected in his field and a Black President ... for reasons which seem incoherent to me. Like, dislike ... fine, we all have our opinions. But someone expressing their dislike strongly ought to have a coherent reason why they post such things. If they don't then we're left to surmise what the real intent is.

Old 11-20-2013, 06:11 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,140,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
No, he is not, he endorses a failed system of Socialized Healthcare that has not produced 1/10 of the break thoughts our system has, but then again he due to the wealth he has amassed will never use the "universal healthcare system" he endorses, they for he will never have to see it flaws, waste, abuse and failure first hand.

Old 11-20-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Your comments are spot-on, on point. The OPs comments have no relationship to the clip which was linked, and strike me as an expression of anger against a Jewish man who is well respected in his field and a Black President ... for reasons which seem incoherent to me. Like, dislike ... fine, we all have our opinions. But someone expressing their dislike strongly ought to have a coherent reason why they post such things. If they don't then we're left to surmise what the real intent is.
That`s right I hate him because he is Jewish, not because he bashes the free market system that has allowed him to make hundreds of millions of dollars, ,Or the right to keep and bear arms which allows his body guards to be armed to protect him(This is a speculation)

I take pity on you, and people like you, I cant see the president`s policies and the harm and waste they have caused only his skin color and then call everyone else a "racist".

Last edited by gunlover; 11-20-2013 at 06:26 PM..

Old 11-20-2013, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
Hey gunlover,

I'll dig around. I definitely do NOT recommend Walter Murch's "Behind the Seen".
Unless of course you're a film editor or wanna hear him whine about his orthopedic shoes.

From industry notes on HBO's Entourage:

HARVEY WEINSTEIN DID NOT LIKE HIS DOPPLEGANGER “HARVEY WEINGARD”
It seems Harvey Weinstein doesn’t believe imitation was the sincerest form of flattery. After a foul-mouthed producer named Harvey Weingard appeared in season two, Connolly says he got an earful from the famously abrasive producer. “I’m at a party. Harvey Weinstein just came over and told me to tell my producers they’re dead. ‘Tell them if they ever mention my name again, they’re dead.’” Those lines made their way into an episode during a later season. Ellin said Weinstein called after the episode and said he enjoyed it.

What Weinstein did to Fanboys:

Producer Dana Brunetti Talks Kyle Newman’s FANBOYS and What Happened with Harvey Weinstein | Collider
How did this man get this far in Hollywood?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies