Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 08:14 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
Anyway, it doesn't change the fact that the only things that Nevada offers are prostitution and gambling
Yes, interesting. And the Senate Minority (Republican) Leader represents a state which promotes sin and substance abuse and addiction (liquor, tobacco and gambling) and profits from the cancer what it produces/promotes causes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 08:17 AM

89,001 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Yes, interesting. And the Senate Minority (Republican) Leader represents a state which promotes sin and substance abuse and addiction (liquor, tobacco and gambling) and profits from the cancer what it produces/promotes causes.
Add liberal California (Pelosi - Democrat) to the list of states that promote substance abuse and addiction... wine country.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:39 AM

9,282 posts, read 6,741,572 times
Quote:
It seems to me that Nevada is overall purple...

Nevada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyway, it doesn't change the fact that the only things that Nevada offers are prostitution and gambling
No, we offer you freedom and personal choice, if you choice to spend your money on prostitution and gambling we will not stop you, we DO NOT know how to spend you money for you or how to live you life.

Prostitution and Gambling were billion dollar industries way before Nevada made them legal. Hell, all we did was make them legal! We cleaned them up a bit, made then a little safer, let them operate in the open, in the bright light of day so everyone could see what was going on, and let the individual decide for themselves what they wanted to do.

Freedom can be a scary thing its messy, it can be disorganized, and it doesn't take direction well. Nut, whether Statist care to acknowledge it or not, it is the foundation of this country, What are they afraid of? I`m not sure sure what it is about us out here that frightens them exactly. Maybe its the fact that we`ve chosen to do what we do-which the stiaist clearly seems to disapprove of or maybe its the fact that so many Americans(and foreign tourists ) support what we do.

Nobody but the government and the occasional common thief, can forcefully separate you from your money. So when I see 40 million Tourists a year that's 60,000 a day flt into Montana to spend their hard-earned money at our destination resorts, I have to assume they`re doing so freely. We are sure not forcing them to do it. The government isn`t forcing them to do it. They`re choosing to do it If I had to venture a guess, I`d bet that`s that has the statist so afraid, freedom of choice.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Purple? They've been electing and re-electing Reid to federal office since 1983. That's 30 years.

Exactly. The Democrat Senate Majority Leader hails from the prostitution and gambling state.
He barely won last time, this time he is going down, Yes we have elected this fool since 1983, but that is solely on the influx of Californians, which do to the economy is slowing down vastly.

Back on subject, I love how he does not care about the bill of rights, yet If someone brought up the idea of limiting free speech, he would scream bloody murder.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Hollywood glorifies gun, etc., violence. If Weinstein wants to see who's embarrassing, all he has to do is look in his mirror.
Great post.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
really?

Apparently, you didn't watch the clip either as there was nothing in the rant that pertained to it. Frankly, I doubt you or the other yahoos would watch a Weinstein film, and frankly, I could care less.
Funny we don't support laws that strip us of our rights, and laws the destroy the best healthcare system in the world, and are we are the problem.

Old 11-21-2013, 12:07 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,594,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
No, we offer you freedom and personal choice.
Wow... I guess I can't find freedom and personal choices in Europe, Australia and Canada

Old 11-21-2013, 12:18 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Wow... I guess I can't find freedom and personal choices in Europe, Australia and Canada

really you cannot, tell me how many countries in Europe that you can use self protection and self defense without the government telling you can't. especially those of the protected class.

Old 11-21-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:

Which one allows you to own a firearm of you choice? which one allows you engage in lawful prostitution? More importantly were is freedom and personal choice codified and protect by law? (I know we are far far far from perfect)

Back to the point this glimmer of what this man thinks of his audience will cost him.

Old 11-21-2013, 12:25 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Funny we don't support laws that strip us of our rights, and laws the destroy the best healthcare system in the world, and are we are the problem.
What rights are those again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies