Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 06:50 PM

8 posts, read 9,646 times

Advertisements

It is not race, or color of skin that matters, what matters, what is inside the citizenry of the nation. What he or she wholes dear. Is it justice? Is it equality? it is fair play? Is it wanting for your fellow man what you truly want for yourself. What matters, is doing what's right, doing what's right is not a result of skin color, doing right is what comes from the heart and mind of each every man or woman. Not the color of the skin. Each person who holds in their heart and minds; that all men all created equal, and are endowed by their creator with certain inalienable rights, then they are my brother, my sister and they are ones whom I'm proud to say, they are a fellow American.

Old 11-19-2013, 06:50 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,863,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
In other words: using Spanish speaking Indians instead of Romans; that'll be the end of LatAm culture in the US and they'll become "anglo white" in culture. Tho I'm talking about legal aliens since most of them WANT to become American. Illegal aliens will always be living "in the shadows" since there WON'T be any amnesty except maybe for a few Dream Act people.
I doubt it. Plenty of Latin American family and cultural traditions, among others, will stay on, become widely integrated, and then become part of the American lexicon.

Some of them - such as grandparents living at or near home, providing free childcare services and passing down a sense of family identity while mom and dad work, are a hell of a lot better IMHO (and, incidentally, a hell of a lot closer to how it USED to be in the US) than the retirement home/seniors' community/daycare-to-latchkey/both parents working long hours to sustain an unnecessarily large house status quo you see touted as the "American Dream."

Old 11-19-2013, 06:53 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
There you go, folks. That's the future. What are you planning for? I know what I'm planning for.
I'm learning Spanish. The USA demographics are changing. Better get with the times.

In 30 years, we're Mexico 2.0.

I'm sorry does that seem harsh? I bet it does. Peace.

Waste of time.
I'm Mexican-American and i don't even know spanish lmfao.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:13 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
every nation is a nation of color, white is a color also.
+1.
First post = troll killer.

Old 11-20-2013, 08:04 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the prize will not go to the most self righteous victim, the prize will go to those who are willing to work and take responsibility for themselves and others. those who dont will suffer. color or gender wont figure in. the ladder to the better place is not on the backs of others but by serving others.
the sad posts that think they will get rich by a bunch of wasps dying ignores the need for doing what they did to get what they had. asians prosper here and hispanics too
u need to look at what they did to prosper instead of hoping that some people will die thinking that will somehow make u rich.
Huck, how can anybody be that stupid to think such things? I mean how?

Also this idea that whites will die off is a joke, when the welfare state collapse it will hurt Hispanics far far far more then whites, it will hurt but not to the same degree.

Old 11-20-2013, 08:36 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Look around all the other hispanic Spanish speaking nations that the USA is fast becoming. They all have whites and the whites tend to dominate the upper class of the two-class systems of those countries. Mexico has white people -- but they're not the ones having to flee Mexico. Mexico also has some exceedingly rich people -- plenty of whites in that group.

Old 11-20-2013, 08:40 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I doubt it. Plenty of Latin American family and cultural traditions, among others, will stay on, become widely integrated, and then become part of the American lexicon.

Some of them - such as grandparents living at or near home, providing free childcare services and passing down a sense of family identity while mom and dad work, are a hell of a lot better IMHO (and, incidentally, a hell of a lot closer to how it USED to be in the US) than the retirement home/seniors' community/daycare-to-latchkey/both parents working long hours to sustain an unnecessarily large house status quo you see touted as the "American Dream."
That doesn't work well in a culture where people want social security and retirement incomes. In those cultures, the retirement age is very young, women don't work at all, and children are required to take care of their parents -- but the children never leave home either, they stay in the elderly parents' home. The female children are the caretakers of the elderly, there is very little equality and social mobility. You're born into wealth and stay wealthy, or you're born dirt poor and you'll always be dirt poor. You can't relocate for better jobs when you have to stay home and care for the elderly.

If you think that culture works, then why are so many fleeing those cultures and are not heading to other hispanic countries but all bypassing them to get to the USA where the culture is quite different?

Old 11-20-2013, 08:44 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,488,922 times
We would balkanize first before that ever happens.

Old 11-20-2013, 09:59 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
I don't think it will be all that much different than now. Everyone will still be speaking English. The Tea Party geezers will be dead, but not before they will have sucked off as much Medicare as possible. Hopefully building hospitals to keep geezers alive will have come to an end. Sarah Palin will still be yammering about Death Panels. We will be a long ways from Mexico....
..and you'll still be yammering about the tea party and Medicare

As you do in every single post, no matter what the topic is

Old 11-20-2013, 10:19 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Default The United states is a nation of color.

Today's "people of color" are tomorrow's Tea Party. You young punks think you know something about everything. A whole bunch of us "old geezers" were your age in the 60's and early 70's and could teach you a thing or two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies