Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 07:59 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
Funny, even the liberal Washington Post cannot decide whether their boy, President Obama is telling the truth saying why healthcare spending has slowed down.

They do Pinocchio tests and right now, they cannot determine the reason for the slowdown in healthcare spending. Most have attributed to the recession to partially account for 30-40% of the slowdown
That would leave 60-70% caused by reasons other than recession.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:03 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Recession plays a part in everything, but the report specifically states the slowdown in HC cost is not just because of recession, and it goes on to explain the other factors. Read the report.
Finn, I did read the report. I even posted a link to it.
It's propaganda BS put out by the WH at a time when they need "positive news".

CBO/HHS projections based on medicare cutbacks ?
Estimates, projections, indications ?

That's no objective report based on just facts and figures.

The WH needs to let this play out and then fix it as problems occur.
Treat it like a big rollout of a new OS put out by Microsoft.
Deal with the problems head on and don't finger point.
That just sinks their credibility lower.

Ever see Microsoft try to blame Apple for their problems when a new version of Windows came out full of bugs and glitches ?
No, MS got to work to get fixes out ASAP.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:42 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Recession plays a part in everything, but the report specifically states the slowdown in HC cost is not just because of recession, and it goes on to explain the other factors. Read the report.
Time to come out of the closet Finn. I mentioned earlier that you've been relegated to stumping for the President. I underestimated that fact. Not only are you stumping for the President, you are going out of your way to defend a report that was put out by the White House to run interference against all of the bad news that surrounds the ACA. Even as the report spells out where the savings came from, you still insist that ACA was a major part of the savings. The authors don't even make that claim as bodly as you do, which is pretty amazing.

I'm sure the President appreciates your efforts, but we'd all appreciate it if it wasn't so bombastically transparent what your motives are. No matter how many times you try to tell us you have conservative ideals, your posts indicate the opposite. The law is bad. Everyone knows it. Except those who insist on stumping for the President. Those people are typically liberals, and that includes you.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Finn, I did read the report. I even posted a link to it.
It's propaganda BS put out by the WH at a time when they need "positive news".
Well, that's always easy to say, especially when you make no effort to back it up.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Well, that's always easy to say, especially when you make no effort to back it up.
My opinion doesn't need any backup.
You think the WH would ever put out a bad report on themselves ?

Would any President allow his office to put out bad news about his policies ?
This council is part of the Executive Branch.

Use some common logic here.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Time to come out of the closet Finn. I mentioned earlier that you've been relegated to stumping for the President. I underestimated that fact. Not only are you stumping for the President, you are going out of your way to defend a report that was put out by the White House to run interference against all of the bad news that surrounds the ACA. I'm sure the President appreciates your efforts, but we'd all appreciate it if it wasn't so bombastically transparent what your motives are. No matter how many times you try to tell us you have conservative ideals, your posts indicate the opposite. The law is bad. Everyone knows it. Except those who insist on stumping for the President. Those people are typically liberals, and that includes you.
I didn't see my name mentioned in the report. Did you?

Old 11-21-2013, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
My opinion doesn't need any backup.
I know, your comments never seem to require any facts. Thanks for sharing anyway.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:48 AM

Quote:
I know, your comments never seem to require any facts. Thanks for sharing anyway.
That report had more estimates and projections than facts yet you ate it up.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:49 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,254,808 times
Wait, Dems say we have to give the ACA a chance because it hasn't been fully implemented yet. But, in the next breath, they credit the ACA for reducing the rate of increase of healthcare costs.

Dems also say that the ACA is just the Massachusetts plan at a national level. But in Massachusetts, we have the highest, or one of the highest, costs for healthcare in the country.

I'm confused.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:54 AM

Outside of the Oval Office healthcare spending is rising.
But let's not let any group other than the President's "council" statement be the truth.

Health-Care Spending to Reach 20% of U.S. Economy by 2021 - Bloomberg
Spending on hospital visits, medications and other health care rose an estimated 3.9 percent in 2011 and consumed about 17.9 percent of GDP, the same as the previous two years, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services said yesterday. The increases in such expenditures will continue to outpace economic growth projections, jumping 7.4 percent in 2014, when much of the insurance expansion created by the health law begins.

Even dear Huffpost has articles on this and a Federal Audit goes against what the WH says.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3948568.html
National health care spending continues to grow at historically low rates this year -- but it will rise faster over the next decade as the economy recovers, the population ages and President Barack Obama's health care reform law adds millions to the the health insurance rolls, according to a federal audit released Wednesday.
The lingering effects of the economic recession and sluggish recovery are the main culprits for the slower rise in health care spending this year and in recent years. People have lost health coverage, employers have shifted more costs to workers, and individuals' disposable income declined -- all of which have led people to forgo medical care. Medicare and Medicaid spending also grew more slowly during these years, according to the report.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies