Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 12:29 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,549 times

Advertisements

The solution is up too the stores that own the shopping carts and not the legislature. If it was my shopping carts I would have a employee who checks in customers a numbered cart. Example, Jill enters store and she is assigned cart number 1. After she is done shopping she returns cart to employee and is marked off the list. If cart is left and not found then Jill is responsible for cost of cart. Jill signs a liability contract stating she is responsible for cart until it is returned to security employee.

This in return would give homeless or the poor a employment opportunity, they could hang in parking lot and offer to return to carts for 50 cents so customer does not have to walk back too where the employee is located. Lots of people would be that lazy where they would pay someone 50 cents to return cart.

For part 2 of my brain storm put a bounty on the stolen carts and the thieves that stole them. For example give a reward of 5 bucks for stolen shopping carts. The bounty hunters could either throw the homeless belongings out of the cart and take it or make a citizens arrest. If the homeless person is convicted my store would give him another 10 bucks. Of course this would be billed to Jill that choose to not honor her cart liability contract.

I know what some will be thinking action - reaction, customers will go else where. But if you can get all the stores in your location to do the same the customers would be stuck for cart liability. I think I can sell it, what do you think? Now to come up with a million bucks to own store
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2013, 12:33 PM

544 posts, read 610,118 times
swingblade... The stores obviously aren't the ones making a big deal about the "stolen" shopping carts. Quite frankly, they don't care.

The only reason the democrat politician is doing this is b.c it's an "eyesore" to him.

Someone needs to teach this idiot that you don't have the right to not see things you don't find appealing.

Old 11-20-2013, 01:04 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
The solution is up too the stores that own the shopping carts and not the legislature. If it was my shopping carts I would have a employee who checks in customers a numbered cart. Example, Jill enters store and she is assigned cart number 1. After she is done shopping she returns cart to employee and is marked off the list. If cart is left and not found then Jill is responsible for cost of cart. Jill signs a liability contract stating she is responsible for cart until it is returned to security employee.

This in return would give homeless or the poor a employment opportunity, they could hang in parking lot and offer to return to carts for 50 cents so customer does not have to walk back too where the employee is located. Lots of people would be that lazy where they would pay someone 50 cents to return cart.

For part 2 of my brain storm put a bounty on the stolen carts and the thieves that stole them. For example give a reward of 5 bucks for stolen shopping carts. The bounty hunters could either throw the homeless belongings out of the cart and take it or make a citizens arrest. If the homeless person is convicted my store would give him another 10 bucks. Of course this would be billed to Jill that choose to not honor her cart liability contract.

I know what some will be thinking action - reaction, customers will go else where. But if you can get all the stores in your location to do the same the customers would be stuck for cart liability. I think I can sell it, what do you think? Now to come up with a million bucks to own store
a couple of things;

1: making customers liable for shopping carts is a good way to kill business at your store.

2: the stores figure that a few of their carts are going to go missing, and figure that in with other forms of theft that they can write off their taxes.

3: some cart manufacturers are experimenting with a device that would lock the carts wheels when they go off the supermarkets property, its still in development though.

4: putting a "bounty" on items your own opens you up to lawsuits if one of those bounty hunters goes overboard with acquiring your property and returning it to you.

5: how do you know that the bounty hunter isnt the one stealing your carts to get the bounty?

Old 11-20-2013, 01:15 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,273,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Oh really? He's trying to eliminate homeless people. Isn't that what cons advocate? Why aren't you supporting him?
He isn't trying to eliminate homeless people. He is trying to eliminate homeless people from Hawaii. The problem with you liberals (and Hawaii IS a liberal state) is you want all this great, good, wonderful people junk. Yet, you don't want the side affects. People flocked to Hawaii based upon its liberal stance of free food, healthcare, housing (not free, by the way) and now it has backfired. Same as in San Francisco. The liberal spot of the world. They too have homeless enforcement now, that the backlash from citizens have grown.

This man didn't just wake up one day and decide to bash shopping carts. He is tired of getting complaints from the CITIZENS of Hawaii about the homeless issues. Its his job to do the will of the people. Their will is to get rid of and/or do something about the homeless population. He is doing what he was elected to do. Democrat or republican.

Old 11-20-2013, 01:20 PM

8,017 posts, read 5,853,160 times
This guy has that hollow, empty-headed look in his eyes.

No wonder he's beating up shopping carts with a sledgehammer.

Old 11-20-2013, 01:44 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,929,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Not sure what his party affiliation has to do with the story. He is just stupid.

Republicans are very rare in Hawaii. If he had been a Republican, that in itself would have been a story.
The basis for this thread seems weak. Did they include his marriage status, his race, his religion, anything else? What does being a D or R have to do with this?

Old 11-20-2013, 01:46 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,965,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHarley View Post
"A Hawaii legislator says he's putting down the sledgehammer he carried to destroy stolen shopping carts used by homeless people to carry belongings in Waikiki."

"He says the question is now whether something will be done to address the eyesores."

Lawmaker ends shopping cart destruction campaign - SFGate

I'm so , so , very , sorry that it's an "eye sore" for a rich legislator to have to look at shopping carts in the city. He has it so , so very rough.

I think he looks pretty ugly. Maybe he should be forced to buy plastic surgery, and avoid us the eye sore.
Wow... just wow.

Speaking of "homeless" in Hawaii, I know (knew? haven't seen him in a couple decades) someone who went to Hawaii and dropped off the grid, to be homeless, rather than pay child support. He and his wife had 2 kids, and when she found him banging some woman from work, she divorced him, and he had to pay child support. So, to get out of it, he quit (prison guard) and moved to where he could be basically homeless so he wouldn't have to work.

Too bad the legislator wasn't just trying to find him...

Old 11-20-2013, 01:48 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,965,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post

Just do what Aldi does... charge to use the carts

Old 11-20-2013, 02:17 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,165,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
He isn't trying to eliminate homeless people. He is trying to eliminate homeless people from Hawaii. The problem with you liberals (and Hawaii IS a liberal state) is you want all this great, good, wonderful people junk. Yet, you don't want the side affects. People flocked to Hawaii based upon its liberal stance of free food, healthcare, housing (not free, by the way) and now it has backfired. Same as in San Francisco. The liberal spot of the world. They too have homeless enforcement now, that the backlash from citizens have grown.

This man didn't just wake up one day and decide to bash shopping carts. He is tired of getting complaints from the CITIZENS of Hawaii about the homeless issues. Its his job to do the will of the people. Their will is to get rid of and/or do something about the homeless population. He is doing what he was elected to do. Democrat or republican.
Yeah, too bad you're wrong. Sorry.

Old 11-20-2013, 03:25 PM

544 posts, read 610,118 times
The lack of compassion towards homeless people by some people is just astounding. Please give all your credit cards and money and cars to a lawyer and sign a contract that states you can not get them back or enter your home or a family or friends home for 2 weeks. Go try it out and see how much you enjoy the weather, the asking people if they can buy you food or spare some change. Enjoy being harassed by the cops for just being alive and poor and homeless.

After 2 weeks, let us know what your decision is. Do you want to remain homeless since you don't have to work or do you want to go back to your old life and admit that you do have it way better than the homeless, and that you should "give them a break".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies