Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 09:12 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,796,624 times

Advertisements

Here is a proposal for you: How about you (anti-gay marriage people/activists) stop actively opposing gay marriage. This will prevent millions or even tens of millions of dollars on your side from being spent on this, and in addition, this will also prevent our side (the pro-gay marriage side) from spending as much money on this as we would otherwise, since it will become easier for us to legalize gay marriage nationwide will less active opposition from your side. As for what to do with these millions or even tens of millions of dollars, how about we spend it on things such as fighting hunger, poverty, crime, et cetera and on improving our country in other ways, such as perhaps by improving our infrastructure?

I seriously hope that I made my proposal here clear enough for everyone here. Also, let's face it, gay marriage doesn't hurt and/or kill anyone, and thus I don't see why one should be opposed to it. In addition, the public is getting more and more supportive of gay marriage over time, at least here in the United States of America. Thus, continuing to actively oppose gay marriage is a futile, useless, and foolish fight, especially considering that there are much more important issues out there. Oh, and for the record, if your God has a problem with letting gay people marry, then your God can deal with these individuals themselves in the afterlife if your God and/or the afterlife even exist.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:02 PM

349 posts, read 422,886 times

My reaction when entering this thread. This has been debated so many times..

Old 11-21-2013, 10:15 AM

723 posts, read 634,212 times
The debate's not over, unfortunately. It will end when we achieve full equality, and not a day before. Therefore, the way to end the debate more quickly is to do exactly as the OP suggested.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:24 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykibs View Post
The debate's not over, unfortunately. It will end when we achieve full equality, and not a day before. Therefore, the way to end the debate more quickly is to do exactly as the OP suggested.
But you are not equality it's perversion that you are asking us to accept as normal.

I for one refuse to do so.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:26 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,101 times
Keep gay marriage out of religion period!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Here is a proposal for you: How about you (anti-gay marriage people/activists) stop actively opposing gay marriage. This will prevent millions or even tens of millions of dollars on your side from being spent on this, and in addition, this will also prevent our side (the pro-gay marriage side) from spending as much money on this as we would otherwise, since it will become easier for us to legalize gay marriage nationwide will less active opposition from your side. As for what to do with these millions or even tens of millions of dollars, how about we spend it on things such as fighting hunger, poverty, crime, et cetera and on improving our country in other ways, such as perhaps by improving our infrastructure?

I seriously hope that I made my proposal here clear enough for everyone here. Also, let's face it, gay marriage doesn't hurt and/or kill anyone, and thus I don't see why one should be opposed to it. In addition, the public is getting more and more supportive of gay marriage over time, at least here in the United States of America. Thus, continuing to actively oppose gay marriage is a futile, useless, and foolish fight, especially considering that there are much more important issues out there. Oh, and for the record, if your God has a problem with letting gay people marry, then your God can deal with these individuals themselves in the afterlife if your God and/or the afterlife even exist.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:36 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times
There's no point in dealing with dead-enders.

They're obviousy losing and obviously will lose in every jurisdiction, even if they can't see it - an inability to perceive the glaringly obvious end-game is the very definition of dead-enders.

When New Mexico's Supreme Court rules (sometime in the next month or two), that will be 17 states - one in three. That's up from 6 states a mere 13 months ago.

Sevcik v. Sandoval should be at the United States Supreme Court's door within 12 to 18 months. Without the technicality of standing, allowing them to punt as they did this year in Perry, Kennedy (the author of the majority opinions in all three of the great landmark Supreme Court cases affirming gay rights), Ginsburg, Breyer, Sotomayor and Kagan will nullify every remaining ban on same-sex marriage, in the same manner the high court did with striking down all anti-miscegenation laws in 1967 in Loving. And that will be that.

The writing is on the wall. In a few decades they'll be reduced to lying to their grandchildren and denying that they ever supported such shameful discrimination.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:38 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,461,778 times
It would be nice if people kept their morality their own business. If people think gay marriage is wrong, don't get one. If people think eating pork is wrong, don't eat it. If people think it is wrong to clip your hair, don't do it.

If people think it is wrong to have others morals imposed on them, the last thing they should be doing is the same thing to others.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:39 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,393,510 times
Just get government out of marriage. Problem solved.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:41 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,671,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Just get government out of marriage. Problem solved.
Tell that to the conservatives. They don't like that solution.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:44 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
It would be nice if people kept their morality their own business. If people think gay marriage is wrong, don't get one. If people think eating pork is wrong, don't eat it. If people think it is wrong to clip your hair, don't do it.

If people think it is wrong to have others morals imposed on them, the last thing they should be doing is the same thing to others.

I don't agree with you much, but I have to say you're spot on with this. It's not like gay people are killing or harming anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies