Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 09:39 AM

8,014 posts, read 5,907,518 times

Advertisements

I'm not a fan of Scott Walker, and I'm not a fan of the Tea Party.

Hell, I'm not a fan of ANY politician at this point.

But he's got a point when he says that we need is a leader who has a proven track record of success.

Not a community organizer who never accomplished anything meaningful in his life.

Not a junior senator who voted present the vast majority of the time.

Not a guy whose only real "leadership" experience was as leader of the Choom Gang.

Senators are generally a joke (yes Dianne Feinstein, I'm talking about you), and are often people that have no meaningful experience outside of feeding at the public trough.

No Senators need apply: Tea Party hero Scott Walker on 2016
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 09:42 AM

525 posts, read 510,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
I'm not a fan of Scott Walker, and I'm not a fan of the Tea Party.

Hell, I'm not a fan of ANY politician at this point.

But he's got a point when he says that we need is a leader who has a proven track record of success.

Not a community organizer who never accomplished anything meaningful in his life.

Not a junior senator who voted present the vast majority of the time.

Not a guy whose only real "leadership" experience was as leader of the Choom Gang.

Senators are generally a joke (yes Dianne Feinstein, I'm talking about you), and are often people that have no meaningful experience outside of feeding at the public trough.

No Senators need apply: Tea Party hero Scott Walker on 2016
I agree with him. I'm not a huge fan of Walker myself but I agree. On the GOP side I think Christie is the best option and on the Democratic side I think Martin O'Malley is their best option. I would definitely prefer a candidate with executive experience. That means no Rubio, no Hillary, no Cruz, no Paul, no senators, no congressmen/women at all.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:42 AM

59,555 posts, read 27,740,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
I agree with him. I'm not a huge fan of Walker myself but I agree. On the GOP side I think Christie is the best option and on the Democratic side I think Martin O'Malley is their best option. I would definitely prefer a candidate with executive experience. That means no Rubio, no Hillary, no Cruz, no Paul, no senators, no congressmen/women at all.
"I think Martin O'Malley is their best option."

Right! Then he can put a "rain" tax on the rest of the country as he has DONE IN MARYLAND!

Old 11-18-2013, 10:57 AM

1,495 posts, read 1,241,150 times
I had to laugh at the O'Malley suggestion too. I used to live in MD and no thank you!

Old 11-18-2013, 11:22 AM

For those that aren't familiar with the Rain(man) Tax, here's a brief snippet:

"What’s more, the tax is convoluted and disorganized. It is levied annually on the amount of “impervious surface” that is on a property. According to Maryland’s state legislature, an impervious surface includes any area that prevents drainage from being absorbed into the ground. This means any roofing, driveways, or parking lots are subject to this tax. The thought was the more covered area, the more you pay."

I don't live in MD, but I find it hilarious that roofing and driveways would be subject to this tax. My roof drains onto my yard, and my driveway is sloped such that it drains into my yard as well. So those two "areas" that "prevent drainage" actually DO allow for drainage, as I'm sure is the case with a large number of homes in MD.

Politicians cannot be trusted to use common sense.

Old 11-18-2013, 11:24 AM

9,282 posts, read 6,766,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
For those that aren't familiar with the Rain(man) Tax, here's a brief snippet:

"What’s more, the tax is convoluted and disorganized. It is levied annually on the amount of “impervious surface” that is on a property. According to Maryland’s state legislature, an impervious surface includes any area that prevents drainage from being absorbed into the ground. This means any roofing, driveways, or parking lots are subject to this tax. The thought was the more covered area, the more you pay."

I don't live in MD, but I find it hilarious that roofing and driveways would be subject to this tax. My roof drains onto my yard, and my driveway is sloped such that it drains into my yard as well. So those two "areas" that "prevent drainage" actually DO allow for drainage, as I'm sure is the case with a large number of homes in MD.

Politicians cannot be trusted to use common sense.
Common sense is like deodorant,those that need it most,don't use it.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:39 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,203,616 times
Quote:
Lord help us all if the best Democrats can offer is Martin Owe'Malley!

Old 11-18-2013, 01:48 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,107,646 times
Quote:
I would definitely prefer a candidate with executive experience..
That is why John McCain should have been elected in 2008 - his running mate had executive experience.

Old 11-18-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Common sense is like deodorant,those that need it most,don't use it.
So true!

Old 11-18-2013, 02:22 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,326,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
That is why John McCain should have been elected in 2008 - his running mate had executive experience.
Two weeks in the governor chair before quiting because it's too hard doesn't count as experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies