Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2013, 05:29 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,294,925 times

Advertisements

Apparently the education cuts are all about money and not what those over educated believe to be "wasting tax payers money" considering that many on this forum can agree that our kids do not have the same education that many of us had in school regarding basic things such as economics, geography and in some cases how how government works.

Most States Are Cutting Education — Center on Budget and ...

Old 11-24-2013, 05:38 PM

72,875 posts, read 62,373,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Apparently the education cuts are all about money and not what those over educated believe to be "wasting tax payers money" considering that many on this forum can agree that our kids do not have the same education that many of us had in school regarding basic things such as economics, geography and in some cases how how government works.

Most States Are Cutting Education — Center on Budget and ...
Doesn't shock me one bit about cutting education. Sad.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:45 PM

30,030 posts, read 18,600,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
What's the capital of Canada? Watch Harvard students struggle to answer

LOL!

This must explain why President Obama thought there are 57 states.

Obama Claims He's Visited 57 States - YouTube

Harvard graduates a lot of liberals.

No wonder a disaster like healthcare.gov was created by them.

It is par for the course.

Americans are stupid- this is why we have pervasive liberalism and Obama in the White House. We live in a state which ranks in the top four in average intelligence, SAT and ACT scores for its citizens. I asked two clinics of 58 people, five nurses, and six physicians. None of them knew the answer.

What the hell? I remember when Americans were intelligent and knew geography.

We asked the capital of Canada question (I assumed that half of the people would know), then had the "bonus question" of what nation has the capitol of Ulan Bator. No one got the bonus question either.

As the redeemer (all sins of stupidity forgiven), I asked how many South American nations had territory east of Miami. No one got that right either.

Let us understand (the 2012 election was an education for me, as I presumed that there were intelligent voters) that the average American is an idiot. As long as we have plenty of idiots, we will always have plenty of liberals and thus democrat politicians.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:48 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,778,151 times
I'm not sure what your point here is. Once can go to a very prestigious university and still be pretty, or even incredibly, stupid when it comes to certain topics/subjects. Likewise, one can go to a less prestigious university or even not to go a university/college at all and still be pretty, or even incredibly, smart/intelligent when it comes to certain topics/subjects.

Also, as I think Bill Maher previously said, there are some "smart stupid people" out there. These people are pretty/incredibly smart in regards to certain topics/subjects and yet pretty/incredibly stupid in regards to certain other topics/subjects. Thus, just because one does not know what the capital of Canada is (Ottawa) does not necessarily mean that he or she is not smart in regards to certain other topics/subjects.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:51 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,160,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
I'm not sure what your point here is. Once can go to a very prestigious university and still be pretty, or even incredibly, stupid when it comes to certain topics/subjects. Likewise, one can go to a less prestigious university or even not to go a university/college at all and still be pretty, or even incredibly, smart/intelligent when it comes to certain topics/subjects.

Also, as I think Bill Maher previously said, there are some "smart stupid people" out there. These people are pretty/incredibly smart in regards to certain topics/subjects and yet pretty/incredibly stupid in regards to certain other topics/subjects. Thus, just because one does not know what the capital of Canada is (Ottawa) does not necessarily mean that he or she is not smart in regards to certain other topics/subjects.
Yes well certain people on here like to think they know everything about everything. I call them Cliff Clavins.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:56 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,959,022 times
Quote:
I guess that you did not know that the people of Pa. are going to bounce his dry corrupt azz right out of Harrisburg (capital of Pa. if you did not know) in the next election.

I guess that you think that no child left behind was a great ideal as well
Harrier is well aware that Harrisburg is the capital of Pennsylvania, he got a perfect score on the state capital quiz that was given in 5th grade.

Harrier was critical of NCLB, it was one of the many problems that Harrier had with the Bush administration.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:59 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,341,177 times
Default Who cares?

George Bush went to Yale.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:59 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,959,022 times
Quote:
Harrier does not watch Fox news because the reception is not that good in the psychiatric ward or maybe because it is med time when they come on.
You claim to be in the land of reason?

Harrier reminds you that snide remarks, such as hinting that Harrier is in a psychiatric ward, violate Katiana's rule, which is part of the TOS.

Quote:
Negative remarks about a person's physical or psychiatric health, e.g. accusing a member of senility; needing/forgetting psychiatric medications; making psychiatric diagnosis such as paranoid, bi-polar and the like; suggesting a member needs psychiatric help
//www.city-data.com/forum/about...al-attack.html

You do remember that you agreed to comply with the TOS when you joined the forum, right?

Old 11-24-2013, 06:43 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,294,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You claim to be in the land of reason?

Harrier reminds you that snide remarks, such as hinting that Harrier is in a psychiatric ward, violate Katiana's rule, which is part of the TOS.

//www.city-data.com/forum/about...al-attack.html

You do remember that you agreed to comply with the TOS when you joined the forum, right?

It is strange that you mention this because since you are referring to Harrier in the third person how do any of us know that it is who I (we) are talking to? So in actuality I'm not talking to Harrier, I'm talking to another entity altogether. To be honest I don't know if you are talking in third person to be funny or you are establishing signs of some form of schizophrenia. If that is truely the case that means my psychiatric remarks are closer to the truth then they are insults.

I guess that no one ever told you that talking in the third person is not quite a normal way to communicate to others especially when you are trying to have serious conversation or make a point.

Basically if you don't take yourself seriously why should anyone else?

Last edited by simetime; 11-24-2013 at 07:48 PM..

Old 11-24-2013, 06:50 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,288,761 times
And there's a few who think Obama is on the $10 Bill, SMH.

Obama is on the $10 Bill? Proving Americans are not Stupid #2 - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.