Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 04:15 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Except that actually happened, and judging by your username, we didn't kill enough Germans.
So, because you don't like my username, it would be better if I were dead? Charming.
According to YOUR username, you can't be trusted.

shifty
ˈʃɪfti/
adjectiveinformal

adjective: shifty; comparative adjective: shiftier; superlative adjective: shiftiest
  1. 1.
    (of a person or their manner) appearing deceitful or evasive.
    "he had a shifty look about him"
    synonyms:devious, evasive, slippery, duplicitous, false, deceitful, underhand, untrustworthy, double-dealing, two-faced, Janus-faced, dishonest, shady, wily, crafty, cunning, tricky, sneaky, furtive, treacherous, artful, sly, scheming, contriving; More

Last edited by weltschmerz; 11-21-2013 at 04:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 04:17 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,741,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
To indicate some wrong things and to be disagree with them is nothing to do with "hate America".
And probably, they won't move from here to correct those things as far as possible and make the country better?
The leftist idea of better is a nightmare.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:19 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Twenty-two percent of Germany's power is generated with renewables. Solar provides close to a quarter of that. The southern German state of Bavaria, population 12.5 million, has three photovoltaic panels per resident, which adds up to more installed solar capacity than in the entire United States.

while we who have lousy heat systems here for winter (some pay over 500 a month to heat an avg size home) How come Germany's doing so well with solar panels?. Rhetorical question. In US its all about lobbyi$t$ and profit$ for them.
Germany Doesn't Get Much Sun. How Did It Become a Leader in Solar Energy? | Mother Jones

The system is broken in US.
Germany also has passivehauses, which is the coolest thing, ever. Don't need to heat them or cool them.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:36 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
The leftist idea of better is a nightmare.
I am neither leftist nor rightist. My idea is guided by my conscience and my understanding of fairness.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:54 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,741,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
I am neither leftist nor rightist. My idea is guided by my conscience and my understanding of fairness.
Yes your understand of an nebulous concept.

Please tell why some are dead set against School Vouchers?

Last edited by gunlover; 11-21-2013 at 05:07 PM..

Old 11-21-2013, 05:12 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,812,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
Without the industrial capacity of the U.S...the allies may very well not have won WW2.

We also invented to the two-by-four.

There are a few things we did not screw up.
Exactly, without Lend-Lease the Soviet Union didn't stand a chance.

Old 11-21-2013, 05:19 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Yea i love the country, scenery and landscapes are amazing.

Also love our history, we're a multi cultural society settled by people from all over the world in search for a better life and ended up building one of the most powerful/amazing countries in the world full of huge world class cities.
Almost everywhere you go in the world you see some sort of American influence (fashion, tv, food, etc...) which i find amazing.

Old 11-21-2013, 05:40 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,608,532 times
I dunno. Parts of the US are alright. Large portions of it are pretty atrocious tho. I don't see how it could be rated the best country in the world. In what way? For lifestyle? Not even close. For making money? I guess, as long as you're not poor. For climate? That's a laugh. Natural scenery? Maybe, but there's some stiff competition.

Old 11-21-2013, 05:53 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
I dunno. Parts of the US are alright. Large portions of it are pretty atrocious tho. I don't see how it could be rated the best country in the world. In what way? For lifestyle? Not even close. For making money? I guess, as long as you're not poor. For climate? That's a laugh. Natural scenery? Maybe, but there's some stiff competition.
Actually, even poor in the U.S. have it pretty good.

Other have posted data here before about how many of the "poor" own a house, a computer, cell phone/iphone/smart phone, car(s), etc.

As for climate, there is a very wide variety with that, a good thing. Same thing with natural scenery.

Old 11-21-2013, 06:00 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,812,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
It's not just the land it's the people and the civil society that make this country great. You can come here from anywhere in the world and become an American which is pretty unique by itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies