Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 04:00 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,293,301 times

Advertisements

With no emotion whatsoever, almost a monotone, Obama recites the Gettysburg Address ... and leaves out "under God." I have never heard such a poor, unemotional recitation in my entire life. Positively awful! And why did he leave out "under God?" Was this for "political correctness" in deference to Muslims? One has to wonder. After all, this is the man who likes to talk about all the wonderful contributions of Muslims in America (like, 9-11?)!

Video: Obama Removes 'Under God' From Gettysburg Address
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 04:06 AM

10,832 posts, read 14,926,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
With no emotion whatsoever, almost a monotone, Obama recites the Gettysburg Address ... and leaves out "under God." I have never heard such a poor, unemotional recitation in my entire life. Positively awful! And why did he leave out "under God?" Was this for "political correctness" in deference to Muslims? One has to wonder. After all, this is the man who likes to talk about all the wonderful contributions of Muslims in America (like, 9-11?)!

Video: Obama Removes 'Under God' From Gettysburg Address
He really isn't all that bright.

Fact is he's a pretty stupid man. Oh, he's got the gift of gab and sparkle like a low life Harlem pimp but that's about it.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:13 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,041,277 times
The man hates America.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:15 AM

26,457 posts, read 15,049,695 times
The 1st 2 rough drafts of the Gettysburg Address didn't have the phrase "under God" in it. Perhaps he chose one of the rough drafts to read? It is a bit odd to choose a rough draft and not the version actually given by Lincoln.

Obama has done so many horrible things that are legitimately worth complaining about, but I don't think that this is one.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:21 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,140,185 times
No God in Obama's life other than himself. Obama is trying to make God in his image with his ideology.

Sounds like he doesn't give a damn about America and its history.. oh wait, he doesn't give a damn. It's all about him!

Old 11-21-2013, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
He really isn't all that bright.

Fact is he's a pretty stupid man. Oh, he's got the gift of gab and sparkle like a low life Harlem pimp but that's about it.
I agree. But people like Chris Matthews get a tingle up their leg, while others thought the crease in his pants qualified him (because it was so 'presidential'). Harry Reid was impressed because he spoke "without a negro dialect" (except when he speaks to blacks, and then he easily slips into it, deliberately).

What we have is Alfred E. Newman for a President.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
No God in Obama's life other than himself. Obama is trying to make God in his image with his ideology.

Sounds like he doesn't give a damn about America and its history.. oh wait, he doesn't give a damn. It's all about him!
So true.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
The 1st 2 rough drafts of the Gettysburg Address didn't have the phrase "under God" in it. Perhaps he chose one of the rough drafts to read? It is a bit odd to choose a rough draft and not the version actually given by Lincoln.

Obama has done so many horrible things that are legitimately worth complaining about, but I don't think that this is one.
I'm aware of the other drafts, but the one with his signature, and the delivered version contains "under God," and that is the way we memorized it when I was taght it in school as a boy. Today, they probably don't even discuss the Gettysburg Address. After all, some liberals on here think it was the Democrats who freed the slaves!

Old 11-21-2013, 04:37 AM

30,305 posts, read 51,908,733 times
In other news, Obama farted last night and blamed it on the dog... which is clearly a sign that he's a Muslim who wants to destroy 'Murika.

You guys really need to get a new hobby, lol.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:41 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,375,785 times
Who gives a ****? Lincoln expanded government to such a level that it made the current over abuse of executive power possible.

Lincoln ignored the supreme court, a equal branch of Government.

Lincoln nationalized public property.

Lincoln was a bad president. He is not a president to honor or appreciate.

If you like small government, Lincoln is your Jimmy Carter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies