Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 12:41 PM

284 posts, read 641,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Seriously? You came to the CD forum to learn about this? LOL.
problem? it was a statement u arse , i mean this is the forum to DISCUSS politics and other controversies right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2013, 01:22 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach234 View Post
problem? it was a statement u arse , i mean this is the forum to DISCUSS politics and other controversies right?
Wow, resorting to profane name calling are we? Seem to have some trigger happy buttons there for someone interested in discussion.

I stated no such imagined problem. I simply find the idea of getting any real information on this type of subject through this type of media to be an exercise with extremely limited returns if any. Therefore, I found that premise amusing.

You may want to use the forum search button to see what has showed up in previous discussions on this topic, however, if you have not done so.

Old 11-24-2013, 04:19 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Congratulations! This is the 1,000th thread on the Rothschilds.

We're looking forward to the next 1,000!

Old 11-24-2013, 08:26 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,994,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
The only way to really control America is to own Monsanto
Or a pharmaceutical company.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:12 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
It's a longstanding anti-semitic myth that the Rothschilds run the world.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:19 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
It's a longstanding anti-semitic myth that the Rothschilds run the world.
I agree it may be a myth but what the hell makes the myth anti-semitic? Simply because they come from a Jewish background?

Everything I've read about them implies they are NOT religious and DO NOT practice the Jewish faith. It is undeniable that The Rothschilds have had tremendous power and influence over the most recent centuries and it's extremely dangerous to label people racists and bigots simply because they question a person of power who is of a certain ethnicity or religion.

Or do you simply flat out deny their wealth and history? That seems even loonier. It's actually pretty remarkable.

Old 11-26-2013, 12:20 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,672,411 times
if and when ish hits the fan, them and their families are the first heads that will roll.

quite literally.

so, they don't want you knowing too much about them.

Old 11-26-2013, 02:30 PM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
I agree it may be a myth but what the hell makes the myth anti-semitic? Simply because they come from a Jewish background?

Everything I've read about them implies they are NOT religious and DO NOT practice the Jewish faith. It is undeniable that The Rothschilds have had tremendous power and influence over the most recent centuries and it's extremely dangerous to label people racists and bigots simply because they question a person of power who is of a certain ethnicity or religion.

Or do you simply flat out deny their wealth and history? That seems even loonier. It's actually pretty remarkable.
You may note that I did not accuse any indificual of being anti-semitic. I don't deny that it's possible for some ignorant people to subscribe to this kind of idea without being anti-semitic. On the other hand, the myth of the all-powerful Jewish money managers pulling the strings is a perennial theme of anti-semitic propaganda, specifically including these claims about the Rothschilds.

Old 11-27-2013, 04:58 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
You may note that I did not accuse any indificual of being anti-semitic. I don't deny that it's possible for some ignorant people to subscribe to this kind of idea without being anti-semitic. On the other hand, the myth of the all-powerful Jewish money managers pulling the strings is a perennial theme of anti-semitic propaganda, specifically including these claims about the Rothschilds.
IOW, like with Obama, even when someone couldn't care less about a person's race or religion, that prejudice is what they're going to be accused or suspected of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies