Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2013, 12:56 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Well, that's brilliant.
Isn't it, though?

Quote:
Read the f-ing deal and tell me why it's effective.
Since you're the one blabbering about "effectiveness" long before anything is done or not, feel free to hold forth on its ineffectiveness and how you'd make it better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2013, 12:58 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Iran, with or without nukes, is not a threat to the US.
Cannot even believe I'm finally agreeing with you.

Iran is not a threat to the US, and it doesn't have any damn nukes. Use the internet. Look for stories about Iran and nukes. It goes back as far as news stories have been put on the internet. In other words, Iran doesn't have nukes, this is brought out every fricken five years or so, and it's always the same: they don't have them. Do people not remember anything?

Old 11-24-2013, 01:06 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
"Obama changing the subject" is irrelevant and unimportant here.

Iran keeping this agreement, is what matters. And is VERY much in question.
If Iran keeping this agreement is what matters, then Obama changing the subject is extremely relevant.

Because if Obama was desperate to shift focus away from his failures, then he may have rushed into an agreement without sufficient safeguards that it would be kept.

Remember Obama getting caught telling the Russians he would have more flexibility after the election. He already demonstrated that domestic politics influence his foreign affairs, in a negative way.

Last edited by kidkaos2; 11-24-2013 at 01:16 PM..

Old 11-24-2013, 02:44 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
A six month pause is neutered?

The "hissy" fit is hardly confined to the right:

Schumer: Iran wins in nuclear agreement

Chuck Schumer: I’m “disappointed†by the Iran nuclear deal

(Schumer is so upset he is threatening to actually work with Republicans - whodathunkit!)
The world thinks he's a moron as well.

FM slams deal with Iran: 'We're entering new era' - Israel News, Ynetnews

Old 11-24-2013, 02:45 PM

1,347 posts, read 954,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
The whole Middle East should be free of nukes, including Israel. After all, Israel's nukes are the reason why Iran might be working on its own. Although it is hard for Americans, they should try to look at it from the Iranian perspective for a change. To Iranians Israel and the US are the rogue states, after all the US has helped Iraq during the war against Iran, which Iran did not start. The US has even helped Iraq in launching chemical weapons attacks on Iranians, killing 20 thousand people in a hideous cowardly way. The US and Iraq should have ended up before the war crimes tribunal for that.
The mullah regime in Iran is the direct consequence of the failed US interference and manipulation in Iranian affairs.
Thus all those boycotts and sanctions on Iran were immoral to begin with, a kind of attempted economic genocide. If anyone it is the US and Germany (which supplied chemical weapons equipment to Iraq) that should be boycotted and sanctioned into oblivion.
There is not a single sentence in the post above that is either rational or factual, not one.

Old 11-24-2013, 02:47 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times
It just keeps getting better and better

Old 11-24-2013, 02:56 PM

Quote:
I don't love Iran, I have nothing to do with Iran, but I love justice and fairness. And those have been severely violated in Iran's case for decades.
Really? How so?

And what of iran's suicide bombings and interference in lebanon, iraq, israel, the west bank, gaza strip, egypt, argentina and europe?

Or is it just cool to your teen friends to be anti-american?

Quote:
Given the history of US vicious interference in Iran I would totally understand if the Iranians wanted to make sure they are safe in the future. As their Ayatollah has recently said the US can't be trusted. Gee, not even Europeans (the people, that is, not the governments) trust the US, why would Iranians?
What interference was that?

Quote:
It is not a matter of whether or not I think they should be allowed to. Every country has the official right to enrich Uranium. It has been granted by the UN or similar institution.
LOL, it is truly hilarious reading some of these posts. I realize that this is a public forum and there are no knowledge requirements, but you continue spouting various idiotically false statements. NO ONE has the right to enrich uranium unless they sign the NPT, and then can only do so under strict monitoring protocols. The UNSC is a mechanism by which the NPT is ENFORCED, through the investigation of the IAEA, the UNSC' nuclear monitoring arm.

BTW, Iran lost its right to enrich even though it is a signatory once the UNSC issued FOUR resolutions requiring that it cease doing so.

Stick to the facts.

Old 11-24-2013, 02:57 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,884,082 times
Honestly, if this deal works it will be a good thing.

I have no clue whether or not it will, but as I have faith in neither Iran's good faith nor Obama's competency or truthfulness please excuse me and other people in this country who have been following political news in this country during the Obama Presidency for being a bit skeptical and concerned - distrust is simply the default given his track record, although again, good for him and good for our country if this actually succeeds.

Old 11-24-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
That's a foolish, narrow-minded view. You also have to get informed about the mess the US has created in Iran before that. The US is the trouble-maker. Without the trouble made by the US, there would have been no mullah regime in the first place.
You've made this claim several times, but have no facts to support it.

A hint of advice: don't EVEN THINK of tossing out the soviet propaganda about how "the US overthrew a democratically elected iranian government" or some other completely false tripe.

Quote:
Most Iranians don't like their mullah regime, but they like the US even less.
Again, totally false. Most polls of ordinary iranians show they are quite fond of the US, its culture and people. Where do you come up with this nonsense?

Old 11-24-2013, 03:13 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,783,616 times
As Candy Crowley on CNN just said, this agreement isn't worth the paper it's printed on unless Iran actually starts dismantling its centrifuges and other machinery.

I would add that they must do that... AND allow inspectors from the major countries involved, free access to ALL areas of Iran where such research and development can be done, for YEARS.

If Iran actually does that (not just promises to do that), then it will the first indication that they are actually serious about reducing their capability to develop a nuclear bomb.

OTOH, if Iran does NOT do that, then that tells us all we need to know about how "serious" they are: namely, they aren't serious about it at all.

So far we have no reason to believe they will keep their word.

I hope subsequent events over the next months and years, changes that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies