Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 05:23 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,966,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I hear people talk about ACA as "government ran healthcare", but those statements are always coming from those who oppose ACA. Even GOP lawmakers do not seem to undaratand the difference. Did you open this thread because you just recently learned the difference?
Naw, it's not "government run health care"... It's just health care that government controls from end to end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2013, 07:50 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,716,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Naw, it's not "government run health care"... It's just health care that government controls from end to end.
68 million Americans rely on Medicare, Tricare, and VA. That's pretty much half of the Republican base on government health care. I don't hear them complaining about government health care when it applies to them only when its someone else on a government plan.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:55 PM

3,404 posts, read 3,448,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
68 million Americans rely on Medicare, Tricare, and VA. That's pretty much half of the Republican base on government health care. I don't hear them complaining about government health care when it applies to them only when its someone else on a government plan.
They dont complain because its health care.

Obamacare is health insurance. Just because it says care in its title doesnt mean obama actually cares!

Old 11-25-2013, 07:58 PM

1,579 posts, read 2,340,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Healthcare "Insurance" is different than actual healthcare. Now hospitals are cutting budgets and laying off nurses which will of course result in poorer care.
You're one of the worst, most biased posters on here. If people have insurance then that means insurance is paying the hospitals when they get healthcare. No?

Quote:
I worked in hospitals when dems tried pushing Hillarycare and saw the resulting actions by hospitals and it wasn't good.
LOL. Oh really? So they heard Hilary say she wanted to push "hillarycare" and hospitals forfeited being profitable to punish everyone? Interesting story!

BTW, since you claim that Obamacare causes people to lose their insurance then that means that less people are getting healthcare which lowers demand while supply remains the same. This means cheaper healthcare for people like me who have always had top shelf healthcare insurance. Woohoo!

Old 11-25-2013, 08:04 PM

3,404 posts, read 3,448,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
I don't see where I said they were the same, or asked for proof they are different...can you show me?

I did ask how one gets health care without insurance if you can't afford otherwise, or how it can help if by getting care you become bankrupt. I did ask for proof about the claims of nurses being fired, that ACA will result in more deaths, and the changes when Clinton was in office. I think that is reasonible. How is that not?

So far you are the only person who read it that way. Not a writers problem if one reader reads their own things into what they say. You are reading emotional states into a written medium, which makes many assumptions. You know what happens when you assume (makes an ass of u and me).
How does someone get care without insurance you ask?

They walk in, get helped and get billed. If they cant afford it the hospitol works out a payment plan.
No one gets turned away. My uninsured brother has a 1200 bill for a visit last week to prove it.

Old 11-25-2013, 08:35 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
How does someone get care without insurance you ask?

They walk in, get helped and get billed. If they cant afford it the hospitol works out a payment plan.
No one gets turned away. My uninsured brother has a 1200 bill for a visit last week to prove it.
With $5,000-$10,000 deductibles insurance isn't for simple out-patient services or broken bones. It's for the $20,000 -$500,000+ you can rack up when you have serious injuries or ailments requiring ongoing and long term treatments and care. Where does someone without insurance go when they have cancer?

Old 11-25-2013, 08:42 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by things and stuff View Post
You're one of the worst, most biased posters on here. If people have insurance then that means insurance is paying the hospitals when they get healthcare. No?

LOL. Oh really? So they heard Hilary say she wanted to push "hillarycare" and hospitals forfeited being profitable to punish everyone? Interesting story!

BTW, since you claim that Obamacare causes people to lose their insurance then that means that less people are getting healthcare which lowers demand while supply remains the same. This means cheaper healthcare for people like me who have always had top shelf healthcare insurance. Woohoo!
LOL, just because healthcare is being paid for (by someone else) does not mean that the quality is good. Doctors are closing shop, hospitals are downsizing, health care insurance cost is going up, people who were paying for their insurance policies are now losing their healthcare insurance. Feel better about that?

Obama said "If you like your insurance you can keep your insurance, period". Obama lied about something very important yet you still support the idiot.

Old 11-25-2013, 08:44 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
With $5,000-$10,000 deductibles insurance isn't for simple out-patient services or broken bones. It's for the $20,000 -$500,000+ you can rack up when you have serious injuries or ailments requiring ongoing and long term treatments and care. Where does someone without insurance go when they have cancer?
hmmm, I pay for my insurance which (minus deductibles) pays for this. Key word. I pay for my insurance that Obama caused me to lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies