Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 09:20 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,203,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I don't and I know it will never happen to me.
You can always dispute the bill but who saves receipts for over a month for eating out ?
Just not worth the hassle IMHO.

Pay cash for both bill and tip and I'm gone.
Am I the only one with money in the bank these days ?
I am definitely switching to cash when I don't personally swipe my card, given how many stories like this I read, but for me I want as much as I can on a credit card so that I can pay it off at the end of the month and get the reward points. It is more about getting rewards for what I spend anyway and less about the actual cash itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

723 posts, read 634,033 times
K now that I've finished my snark and for-the-records, if this turns out to be true, I hope she is fired at the very least. (FYI - proud gay liberal here ) I virtually never pay attention to or comment on stories like this, as they tend to be more human interest than policy, and I care more about policy and equal treatment under the law. But this crap is so annoying. Here we are fighting actually civil rights battles, and we have members of our own community making up stories of persecution. Disgusting.

7,492 posts, read 11,826,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykibs View Post
Lol did you see her photo? On a serious and far less snarky note, some studies have shown that people can tell if someone is gay or straight after being shown a photo of their face for less than a second. No word on why or how yet, though.
It's called gaydar I guess but I just don't see why or how straight people would pay so much attention except to avoid dating them.

Old 11-26-2013, 09:21 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
I don't and I know it will never happen to me.
You can always dispute the bill but who saves receipts for over a month for eating out ?
Just not worth the hassle IMHO.

Pay cash for both bill and tip and I'm gone.
Am I the only one with money in the bank these days ?
Nope, but you may be the only one with cash in his wallet. Big difference.

Old 11-26-2013, 09:22 AM

246 posts, read 421,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenZephyr View Post
These stories are almost always fake. I thought this one was bogus from day one. No one is going to write something like that on a receipt with their personal information on it. I wish people would use some common sense.

Plus, it has become a fad to trick dupes into giving them money. Sadly, predictably, they fall for it over and over again.

I do think these cases should open up the accuser to defamation charges and civil liability since they publicized it and destroyed an innocent persons reputation.
Sadly yes, most of these type of stories are false. They only survive because they perpetuate an agenda.

The people who commit these acts are often hateful bigots themselves, which is why they so easily conceive and perpetuate these abuses.

Just because you are part of a protected class, does not mean that you are incapable of harboring the same type of bigotry and hatred, and sadly, they often do.

Many "rights" activists are just as hateful and bigoted as those they espouse to be "fighting against".

Old 11-26-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Maybe everyone should be in a protected class. Fat, skinny, short, tall, golfers, fishermen, joggers, criminals, gardeners, plumbers, politicians, etc. I pity the poor dude who is the last person in America to get protected.
The requirements for a protected class of citizen is quite specific. From your list, only the fat would meet the requirements, and barely. Hmmm maybe the short as well.

I'm trying to find the info on criteria, but in the meantime, here's the Wikipedia page for Protected Class, which provides a full listing of classes and the legislation that designated them.

Old 11-26-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
It's called gaydar I guess but I just don't see why or how straight people would pay so much attention except to avoid dating them.
That's a compelling reason I suppose. I agree though, I always thought gaydar's point was for us to find the other gays.

Old 11-26-2013, 09:27 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Default The lesbian waitress that cried wolf

seems likely she took lessons from this attention-seeker.

After a gay server at a New Jersey restaurant said a customer denied her a tip and wrote her a hateful note on the receipt, a local family contacted NBC 4 New York and said their receipt shows they paid a tip and didn't write any such note.
The husband and wife, who asked to remain anonymous, showed NBC 4 New York a receipt that appeared to be printed at the same minute, on the same date, for the same $93.55 total, except with an $18 tip.

They also provided a document they said was a Visa bill, which appears to indicate their card was charged for the meal plus the tip, for a total of $111.55.

Family Says They Did Tip Gay Server, Didn't Leave Note | NBC New York

Old 11-26-2013, 09:32 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
sounds like she cashing in on donations.. its the new way to scam the gullible sheep

Old 11-26-2013, 09:34 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
Quote:
Hey..that other waitress got enough donations to get a new car before she admitted she wrote that slur.
Maybe this one just wants a new car too....

she's cashing in on the gullible sheep
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies