Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 01:40 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I believe there are many in the banking industry that should be brought to trial. I believe we need to bring our soldiers all home. I believe that the government should quit spying on us. I believe we should vote for someone that won't constantly lie to us. I believe all income should be taxed the same way.

Maybe if you would, you could point out my extreme positions and tell me who I should vote for.
Pardon, I thought you were saying something else, since this thread is about the Tea Party. They're the ones who can't get voters to buy their BS or get elected anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2013, 01:52 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Pardon, I thought you were saying something else, since this thread is about the Tea Party. They're the ones who can't get voters to buy their BS or get elected anymore.
The closest person to those beliefs has been Ron Paul. I will note that you didn't point out a single belief you found to be extreme.

Old 11-26-2013, 01:56 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
What happened to "TEA Party is dead", "TEA Party has faded into insignificance", and all the rest of the if-we-pretend-it-isn't-there-maybe-it-will-go-away liberal talking points from last week?
I was just thinking that the other day. I saw a piece on the news about the New Republic article on Obamacare's damage to liberalism and how some members of congress are considering breaking against Obama. What crossed my mind was November of last year. This forum was just full of gloating liberals then. They were talking about how Obama's victory was a mandate for the liberal agenda. They were talking about how conservatives were dinosaurs who were becoming extinct. They were discussing how the GOP was going to have become liberal if it ever wanted to win another election.

And then the government shutdown, and the liberals dragged the same old stuff out again. The GOP's poll numbers are so low, it's the death of conservatism. The Tea Party is dying and good riddance. Etc. Thread after thread about it on this forum.

Funny, don't see too much of that now. Those same liberals are still here on the forum and still bashing conservatives, but the gloating has mysteriously disappeared. They're just going on as if it never happened. Kinda like Harry Reid changing the rules on filibusters without any acknowledgement that he is on video tape making speeches about how damaging changing those rules would be to America.

Old 11-26-2013, 02:02 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The closest person to those beliefs has been Ron Paul. I will note that you didn't point out a single belief you found to be extreme.
I was talking about the Tea Party and not you specifically. Am I supposed to be researching your personal views from your posts on CD? Because I sure don't have time for that.

Old 11-26-2013, 02:24 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Heres the thing, we've seen some truly wacky tea party candidates. But I don't believe it will always be that way. The tea party does have some parts of their platform that are good. And a smart candidate could heavily lean on those parts during a election, and win the popular vote. Especially the constitutionality of bills and laws. For example- Social security is often one of the things that trips them up-they want it gone. Turns out this isn't popular. A smart tea party guy would say "Its unconstitutional, and as such I want to move forward an amendment to make it constitutional, and change it in the following ways" and go from there.

Yes they are whack jobs, but a smart person could run under their banner, accomplish their popular goals, and then focus on some of the other goals they have as a group.

And they are ran very very well, The GOP helped create this, and did a bang up job, only now its turned on them. The popular Frankenstein cartoon is very accurate and ironic. They're more popular then the GOP in some areas!

Old 11-26-2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
I was talking about the Tea Party and not you specifically. Am I supposed to be researching your personal views from your posts on CD? Because I sure don't have time for that.
Ron Paul is considered a part of the Tea Party.

Old 11-26-2013, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Heres the thing, we've seen some truly wacky tea party candidates. But I don't believe it will always be that way. The tea party does have some parts of their platform that are good. And a smart candidate could heavily lean on those parts during a election, and win the popular vote. Especially the constitutionality of bills and laws. For example- Social security is often one of the things that trips them up-they want it gone. Turns out this isn't popular. A smart tea party guy would say "Its unconstitutional, and as such I want to move forward an amendment to make it constitutional, and change it in the following ways" and go from there.

Yes they are whack jobs, but a smart person could run under their banner, accomplish their popular goals, and then focus on some of the other goals they have as a group.

And they are ran very very well, The GOP helped create this, and did a bang up job, only now its turned on them. The popular Frankenstein cartoon is very accurate and ironic. They're more popular then the GOP in some areas!
Have they got us into wars all around the world? Trillions of dollars in debt? Are they the reason those on food stamps are at record highs? Did they support the policies that caused the economic problems of a few years ago?

Maybe you need to rethink who the whack jobs are.

Did the Tea Party lie through their teeth to get their policies passed? Are they arguing that the government has the right to kill it's citizens without due process? To listen in to all of our private conversations?

These are sane positions?

Old 11-26-2013, 09:31 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Yeah, I know... But Dem moderates were smart enough to take the party back in '92. Result: 4-2 in last six pres elections (5-6 popular vote).

Is the GOP smart enough to take THEIR party back from the RW Taliban?

It ain't looking good.
who are you kidding..the liberals have pushed the democrats even further to the left..

you think Pelosi is moderate???

Old 11-26-2013, 09:32 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,184,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Politico article points out the obvious- the Establishment GOP had a fun time in 2010, watching the Tea Party monster ravage the countryside. But now that it is unmanagable, and costing the GOP elections, they are going to have a ***** of a time getting the TP monster back into the dungeon:

TEA PARTY UNSCATHED IN EARLY GOP CIVIL WAR | POLITICO

Good news for the Dems, bad news for the GOP.

The saddest part is that both sides want to wear gray.

Old 11-26-2013, 09:36 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,966,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
The Tea Party may be doing well enough in GOP circles but it isn't nationally electable. The Tea Party is viewed SO unfavorably across the country in most objective polls.

For the GOP to win nationally they're going to have to elect a Huntman or Christie style candidate.
Another stupid, senseless meme. The TEA Party movement has the broadest support of ALL political movements in this country. Period. The idea is correct, and most people know it.

The fact that you lie a blue streak about all of it doesn't change reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies