Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 07:52 PM

650 posts, read 514,117 times

Advertisements

Its all designed, none of the media people could sell a car for a nickel to a hitchiker on the moon.

Last edited by alexcanter; 11-26-2013 at 08:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2013, 08:06 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
And if the hospital "does it anyway," then who pays for it? Does the individual who can't afford it declare bankruptcy and the residual cost gets dispersed among other consumers in the form of inflation?
He knows they don't "do it anyway". That's just RWNJ for I have to say something here so out comes bullcrap.

No hospital is going to embark on a long cancer treatment protocol without having payment approved and guaranteed. Talk about a confused freemarket believer.

"Oh, your car was involved in an accident and you want me to write a quote for the necessary repairs; why bother with all that paperwork, I'll just go ahead and fix it anyway, regardless if you have insurance or cash to pay me, My partners and I are real nice guys and will stay in business forever this way."

Old 11-26-2013, 08:07 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
It takes a special kind of liberal, to look at a scheme where people were forced to pay all their lives into a misnamed "Trust Fund", and to note that once it came time for them to get some benefit for all they were forced to pay in, they are very determined to get that benefit back.....

.....and conclude that their determination to get it back, means that they approved of the thefts in the first place!
Have at it Acorn! This is the life that awaits you for your determination to "get it back!"

Death panels in obamadon'tcare, just like we told you.-quality-life.png

Old 11-26-2013, 08:10 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,359,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Ok; here's the deal. YOU didn't ever have the final say so in that knee surgery. Your doctor and your health provider decide if you get the treatment. Unless you have around $15,000 to pay for it out of pocket AND can find a surgeon to take cash.

Do you really think declining to do surgery on an elderly person is NEW? Ya'll have a LOT to learn about the insurance industry my friend. OH, and hospitals don't like to take the risk of an elderly patient dying on THEIR operating room table. It ruins their statistics, don't you know.
It's kind of crazy that this little factoid is always left out. There is nothing different here. "Insurance denies payment"…hey, "that's business!!". "Government denies payment"…hey, "what a bunch of pinko commie liberal wacko leftist communist statist marxist fascist anti-business wealth-redistributing terrorists!!"

How is an insurance company denying payment for a procedure different from the government doing it?

Also, as far as I know, the government in Canada's system doesn't make these decisions, except in extreme circumstances. Care and procedures are decided upon between doctor and patient. And it seems to work. Of course, this is America, and it would be rife with fraud by doctors looking to cash in.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:14 PM

52,689 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Would these death panels be any different than the ones that have existed for eons already within the U.S. related to Insurance Companies denying treatment or outright cancelling your coverage upon you sustaining a serious illness?
Let's just see how long it really takes when "The Government" makes its feeble attempts to try to take care of you and I after everybody eventually loses their insurance plans. People will die because of this new law, and it's being done on purpose.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:16 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
ObamaScare Contains Death Panels!!!

The Affordable Care Act contains provisions for "death panels," which decide which critically-ill patients receive care and which won't, according to Mark Halperin, senior political analyst for Time magazine.

"It's built into the plan. It's not like a guess or like a judgment. That's going to be part of how costs are controlled."

Sarah Palin deserves an apology, which she will NEVER get from the scumbag libturds...
I'm sorry but it's people like her who wanted to keep Terri Schaivo alive when there was no life left in her. I think the critically ill, especially seniors, should be able to decide their own fate. Who are we to keep someone alive at all costs when they don't want it.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:33 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
So the gubbermint should just keep pumping billions of dollars to keep alive 80-95 year olds on their death beds. Better yet according to the Tea Partiers we are borrowing the money from China to do this. You Tea Partiers are a bunch of hypocrites you want budget cuts then you want unlimited spending for intensive care. Medicare keeping seniors alive in their last two years of life is twice as expensive as food stamps and benefits a small number of people. Gotta keep the base alive I guess.
And by the same token do you think the government will pump billions of dollars in to keep people who smoke, do illegal drugs, alcoholics, also people who don't contribute to society alive. Come to think of it, just like Hitler who preferred specific traits, maybe Obamacare can be used in the same way... Obamacare... a war on poverty.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:49 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
This where you are factually incorrect.

No Republican really wants to touch Medicare reform either. It's too much of a hot-button issue for their voting bloc. Let's face it.

It ain't called the Party of Stupid for nothing.

Healthcare - IS wealth distribution.

Ok; here's the deal. YOU didn't ever have the final say so in that knee surgery. Your doctor and your health provider decide if you get the treatment. Unless you have around $15,000 to pay for it out of pocket AND can find a surgeon to take cash.

Do you really think declining to do surgery on an elderly person is NEW? Ya'll have a LOT to learn about the insurance industry my friend. OH, and hospitals don't like to take the risk of an elderly patient dying on THEIR operating room table. It ruins their statistics, don't you know.
Ok, here's the deal, YES, I DID get to make that decision. Yet another liberal LIE that you killers are passing around.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:51 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This is about birth control not abortions, we have the highest rate of unwanted pregnancy rate of any civilized country and paying a minimal amount for birth control is an issue, I guess it's better to pay the cost after the fact rather than basic birth control.
Here's some free birth control: CLOSE YOUR LEGS. Problem solved.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:59 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I'm sorry but it's people like her who wanted to keep Terri Schaivo alive when there was no life left in her. I think the critically ill, especially seniors, should be able to decide their own fate. Who are we to keep someone alive at all costs when they don't want it.
The issue is not that Obamacare will try to keep seniors alive, it is that it will not let them live, just like Palin warned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies