Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2013, 10:23 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,040,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Assisted suicide is coming to Quebec, since about 90% of the populace is for it, but for now, we're not allowed to do anything except withhold food and water in dying patients. It sounds cruel, but it provides natural pain relief and feelings of euphoria.

Nutrition and Hydration (End of Life)

Hospice Signs of Dying

Nursing Center - Journal Article

Nutrition, eating, and serious illness

I can't tell you how many idiot aides I've caught, whispering "Those awful doctors and nurses want to torture you. Here, let me give you some water", undermining the process and prolonging the whole business of dying.
I have had 2 family members commit suicide because there was no way out other than that. They were very ill. It kills me to think that they had to do this. It was either this or a very slow death that some wanted to prolong. It still haunts me how they died and that our society let them commit suicide
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2013, 10:28 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I have had 2 family members commit suicide because there was no way out other than that. They were very ill. It kills me to think that they had to do this. It was either this or a very slow death that some wanted to prolong. It still haunts me how they died and that our society let them commit suicide
I'm so sorry. Perhaps some day we may extend the same courtesy to humans as we do to our pets.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:30 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

But what if they don't want to live. Will we keep them alive against their wishes?
But what if they want to live?

Old 11-26-2013, 10:34 PM

[quote=petch751;32397201]But what if they want to live?[/QUOT

If you are talking about the elderly, they don't want to live if it reduces the quality of life . It really sucks getting old and losing your mind and mobility. Do you know people who really want to live like this....no you don't.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I'm so sorry. Perhaps some day we may extend the same courtesy to humans as we do to our pets.
Thank you. I don't think we will though. I just don't get it.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:41 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,024,746 times
Relax we will soon be able to kill our elderly like we do our pets.soon as mom can't cook anymore help will be just a call away,yes I would like to have a compassionate home killing oh lets say Monday after the game. OK great

Old 11-26-2013, 10:43 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,854,666 times
death panels? lmao

why are conservatives so gullible?

Old 11-26-2013, 10:46 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
ObamaScare Contains Death Panels!!!

The Affordable Care Act contains provisions for "death panels," which decide which critically-ill patients receive care and which won't, according to Mark Halperin, senior political analyst for Time magazine.

"It's built into the plan. It's not like a guess or like a judgment. That's going to be part of how costs are controlled."

Sarah Palin deserves an apology, which she will NEVER get from the scumbag libturds...
Utter nonsense. You should try pulling your head out of the sand and living in reality for a while.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Relax we will soon be able to kill our elderly like we do our pets.soon as mom can't cook anymore help will be just a call away,yes I would like to have a compassionate home killing oh lets say Monday after the game. OK great
You have no idea who these people are, yet you make fun of them...seriously?. Do you even know how many elderly and terminally ill commit suicide. Wow and here you are belittling them

Old 11-26-2013, 10:53 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,667,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
When Mark Halperin admits it, you know it's true.

Mark Halperin: Obamacare Contains "Death Panels" | Video | RealClearPolitics

I can't wait until one of our resident LWNJ's mother or father will be subjected to a death panel decision to pull the plug and "take the pill". Will they still love obama the next morning?
That's nothing, just wait until folks are targeted for their political affiliations with indefinite delays for treatment, intentional misdiagnosis...like the IRS targeted O's adversaries... oh there are so many possibilities.

Nah, that could never happen either, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies