Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 11:03 AM

2,158 posts, read 1,994,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
the catholic church is far and away the largest charity in the world , who do you think educated Africans while the European colonial powers were robbing them this past few centurys , the priests and nuns from the likes of Ireland

Anglican and Methodist ministers helped out aswel but they largely supported what the likes of the british were doing in Africa etc
You still don't get it. If the pope wants to live gospel values, he'll sell all the superfluous Catholic assets and feed and clothe the poor. Until that is done, he is a hypocrite and should quit telling others what to do with their money.

Old 11-28-2013, 11:05 AM

Quote:
always makes me laugh when protestants point the finger at catholics for not having it right

this despite the fact that their are several hundred protestant denominations which differ greatly from each other in many ways , only thing they have in common is their stubborn belief that their brand of bible is the one true way and that catholics are completely wrongheaded

that's what happens when you have no centralised authority , anarchic attitudes
Show me where I said I was "protestant".
You just cannot see the world through anything other than a Catholic prism, can you?

Old 11-28-2013, 11:06 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,289,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
And that is why so many right wing Christians hate it. They claim to follow Jesus, while doing the exact opposite of everything he ever said. They don't like having the most powerful religious leader in the world calling them out on their crap.
I once heard those faux Christians referred to as " neo Christians "

Old 11-28-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Could be some of them are leery giving the history of the Church and how it got to where it is today.
Fraud, deception and outright theft in "the name of God" to acquire material possessions ?

Then throw Ratzinger on the throne with his history, have him open the vaults and bask in opulence and you just drove even more away from "the church".

^^This^^
The Catholic Church is the ***** of Babylon in Revelation.
Their hands are full of blood throughout history, yet their adherents will turn a blind eye to that.
No man is entitled to worship, yet a Catholic must kneel before the pope.

Old 11-28-2013, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
You still don't get it. If the pope wants to live gospel values, he'll sell all the superfluous Catholic assets and feed and clothe the poor. Until that is done, he is a hypocrite and should quit telling others what to do with their money.
the valuable artifacts in the Vatican are a complete red herring and a diversion used by those who want to shoot down his message , besides the church is a huge institution , I doubt the pope has the authority to auction of everything , im sure Italy wouldn't be too happy , tourists who visit the Vatican spend a fortune in Italy

Old 11-28-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Show me where I said I was "protestant".
You just cannot see the world through anything other than a Catholic prism, can you?
I was raised catholic , im not longer a catholic

ive nothing against protestants , I just find their dismissal of catholicsm a little lacking in credibility when Protestantism itself is so disparate

Old 11-28-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
the valuable artifacts in the Vatican are a complete red herring and a diversion used by those who want to shoot down his message , besides the church is a huge institution , I doubt the pope has the authority to auction of everything , im sure Italy wouldn't be too happy , tourists who visit the Vatican spend a fortune in Italy
You're deflecting. Is the pope the supreme leader, nay the "vicar of Christ" in your church? If so, the Italian government is irrelevant.

Old 11-28-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
I was raised catholic , im not longer a catholic

ive nothing against protestants , I just find their dismissal of catholicsm a little lacking in credibility when Protestantism itself is so disprate
Again, where did I say I was "protestant"?

Old 11-28-2013, 11:16 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,117,467 times
Quote:
You're deflecting. Is the pope the supreme leader, nay the "vicar of Christ" in your church? If so, the Italian government is irrelevant.
No the pope couldn't just do whatever he wants.

Old 11-28-2013, 11:17 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,117,467 times
Quote:
Again, where did I say I was "protestant"?
Doesn't matter, don't have to be protestant to be anti Catholic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies