Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 01:10 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
JM, you're being a bit short-sighted and naive. Do you realize that your government intentionally resorted to blaming a YouTube video for the massacre? Digest that for a moment. A YouTube video! When the whole world called bull****, they had to find something else to blame. THAT ALONE should make you question your government instead of defending its every word as if there was nothing but the truth being told. We KNOW it was a lie. So what else is being held back from the public? That's the point. You should support any and all investigations that result from the USG being willfully untruthful to its own citizens, and to the world.
The link to the video came from the CIA. In the days immediately after the attack, the CIA either really thought the attack could be connected to the video or they intentionally lied in their initial assessment. If the CIA lied, then that is what should be investigated. However there is no political gain in exposing the CIA, so the instead people like Issa, Fox news and Logan focus on Obama and Clinton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2013, 01:31 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,261,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
The link to the video came from the CIA. In the days immediately after the attack, the CIA either really thought the attack could be connected to the video or they intentionally lied in their initial assessment. If the CIA lied, then that is what should be investigated. However there is no political gain in exposing the CIA, so the instead people like Issa, Fox news and Logan focus on Obama and Clinton.
Horrors! Someone made a [gasp] mistake!

Let's call it a lie and hammer away at it endlessly 24/7 for month after month after month! That'll show 'em!

Old 11-27-2013, 01:42 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am pretty sure she is from South Africa.

I think US media needs more self-criticism. If she worked for FOX, she'd be getting a reward for the false story.
In point of fact, FOX was so excited about this, a competing network's story, that they even promoted it on their own channel. I mean who does that?

It was a gol darn miracle on 32nd street!

Last edited by HistorianDude; 11-27-2013 at 01:57 PM..

Old 11-27-2013, 01:56 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I'm not going to be so quick to pat CBS on the back, as it took weeks of public outcry before they took this step. Their comment boards were nearly 100 percent negative following Logan's "apology." The 60 Minutes brand has taken a big hit.

If CBS and 60 Minutes are serious about winning back the trust of their audience, they will not only follow up by firing Logan, but will air a segment that corrects all of her lies, and do it within the show itself, not as an afterthought at the end.

I won't be holding my breath, but anything short of that is not going to be enough. If they let her lies stand unchallenged, they will effectively be forfeiting the reputation for journalistic integrity that the show was built on.
Jeff Fager, 60 Minutes Executive Producer, is a very honest guy with a lot of integrity. I think he will do the right thing.

Old 11-27-2013, 02:01 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
And exactly what are your credentials for your "expertise" on the CIA?

Well, if he could think of a plot like that, any intelligence agency sure as hell can. Never be naive.

Old 11-27-2013, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
If she's completely discredited she can get a job at MSNBC or maybe the NY Times. Or maybe she can get a gig for the White House.
Or Fox. She is a pretty blond who can speak, after all. What are the other requirements?

Old 11-27-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
JM, you're being a bit short-sighted and naive. Do you realize that your government intentionally resorted to blaming a YouTube video for the massacre? Digest that for a moment. A YouTube video! When the whole world called bull****, they had to find something else to blame. THAT ALONE should make you question your government instead of defending its every word as if there was nothing but the truth being told. We KNOW it was a lie. So what else is being held back from the public? That's the point. You should support any and all investigations that result from the USG being willfully untruthful to its own citizens, and to the world.
So, is this the first embassy attack you would like investigated, or did you call for investigations regarding all the other embassy attacks under all of the other presidents? And has been stated in many other threads, 9/11 might have been avoided had our president and vp not been misguidedly focused on invading Iraq. What--no investigation?

The GOP should move on, as the country is simply not that interested in dredging up Benghazi every two weeks, no matter how many times Issa, Paul, McCain and his bff, Graham bring this up, ad nauseum.

Old 11-30-2013, 04:29 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
So, is this the first embassy attack you would like investigated, or did you call for investigations regarding all the other embassy attacks under all of the other presidents? And has been stated in many other threads, 9/11 might have been avoided had our president and vp not been misguidedly focused on invading Iraq. What--no investigation?

The GOP should move on, as the country is simply not that interested in dredging up Benghazi every two weeks, no matter how many times Issa, Paul, McCain and his bff, Graham bring this up, ad nauseum.

Yes, you would think this was the first attack on an American Embassy (office) in our history.

This is the speech Sara Logan, she criticizes the state department for lying in the first few minutes. Just before the 2minute mark she goes on about all they did on Afghanistan including the CIA and other sources. She should not have been investigating the story in the first place, she was biased.

Lara Logan Speech (Short Version), Highlight Reel - YouTube

Old 12-01-2013, 09:47 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplies View Post
She won't have any worries finding work now , I never heard of her until this.
You must not watch CBS. Logan has been a rising star for several years. She has a reputation as being fearless, even though she was gang raped manually during the Egyptian revolution. She made a specialty of being a war correspondent.

I don't know what to make of her. I think her vetting of the 60 Minutes piece was very sloppy, but she has a lot of fans, even though her history with CBS is full of troubles and controversies. And personal rumors of her off camera behavior are also plentiful and colorful. But she has a very pleasing on-camera persona.

I don't think she is going to disappear off CBS, but I think CBS news is going to keep her on a very short leash after they allow her to come back, and her days on 60 Minutes are over.

She reminds me of Geraldo Rivera back in the 70's, when he was young, good looking, and a relentless camera hog. I wonder if she's smarter than Rivera; it didn't take him long to burn every producer that gave him a break, and the senior correspondents all hated his preening ways.

Old 12-01-2013, 09:55 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am pretty sure she is from South Africa.

I think US media needs more self-criticism. If she worked for FOX, she'd be getting a reward for the false story.
Can you link me to the proven false stories that Fox has run?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies