Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 01:38 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnJam View Post
How can you be sure?
Because Islam is the religion of peace and the Qur'an does not sanction acts of terrorism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2014, 01:45 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Muslims like to blow up innocent folks, bomb jets, buildings etc. That might be one reason they think Muslims are bad. I don't see Christians or Hindus or Mormons doing this.
Actually there have been Christian terrorists.

Christian terrorism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Christian Extremism From Timothy McVeigh to Anders Breivik: The Greater Threat | FlaglerLive - Your News Service for Flagler County News Palm Coast News Bunnell Flagler Beach Beverly Beach and Marineland

Old 04-18-2014, 01:46 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samnyc View Post
I am not part of any religion nor I believe in anything. But I can see from other people they always think Muslim are bad people or they all have some kind of terrorists access. I know and most people do that it's not true.
Even in T.V, they always show bad side of Muslim. It's very hard to believe western news T.V says.

I DO not think Muslim people are bad, good grief
I do however think radical Muslims who want Jihad, are

Old 04-18-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I DO not think Muslim people are bad, good grief
I do however think radical Muslims who want Jihad, are
Well said.

Old 04-18-2014, 01:48 PM

Timothy McVeigh was an agnostic, not a Christian.

Christians do not commit acts of terror and neither do Muslims.

Anyone who does commit an act of terror by definition is not acting is not a person of faith.

Old 04-18-2014, 01:49 PM

346 posts, read 482,411 times
Like Christianity experienced, Islam is in dire need of a Reformation, IMHO. In the meantime, organizations such as this one will help protect the U.S. against Islamofascism. They're already doing a terrific job.

https://www.actforamerica.org/

Last edited by MtnJam; 04-18-2014 at 01:58 PM..

Old 04-18-2014, 01:49 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times

these were NOT Christians!
any more than the Westbroro Baptist church are Baptist!!
these people were and are twisted in their thought and actions!!

Old 04-18-2014, 02:18 PM

3,402 posts, read 2,788,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
these were NOT Christians!
any more than the Westbroro Baptist church are Baptist!!
these people were and are twisted in their thought and actions!!
And if you want to take that line then all terrorists are not "real" Muslims. You could even argue that Stalin and Mao were not "real" atheists.

I think it is a far better approach to recognize that within any community of people, there are some nutbars. Atheist nutbars, Christian nutbars, Muslim nutbars, crazy people are ubiquitous. I have relatives that were Christians, "real" Christians, and they were stockpiling arms to secede and form a theocracy... I just don't think it does any good to try to No True Scotsman your way out of having bad people as a part of your religion, because everyone else can as well. We might as well just admit that the common thread is we are al human, and sometimes humans are crazy.

-NoCapo

Old 04-19-2014, 12:30 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Maybe you should pay more attention then. Terrorism is not exclusively Muslim. Christians have done it in the past. The crusades come to mind. The bombing of an abortion clinic. I honestly consider the religious right (who are Christian) trying to remove evolution from schools to be a form of intellectual terrorism.

Point is, we've alienated Islam in this country, a "free" country (it's hilariously untrue). Bush, who loved to rely on 'God bless America' more or less declared holy war on Islam. Rather or not this spell of racism was his intent (and I don't really believe it was), this is what happened.

The reality is that fundamental Islam is no more destructive than any other religion. Just as most Christians do not agree with the extremists of their religion, most Muslims do not agree with their extremists either.

That's a pretty loose definition of terrorism.

When we speak of Islamic terrorism in the present era, what constitutes terrorism is ordinary appearing Muslims blending into an accepting society in which they make use of their relative freedom to plan, prepare and execute attacks on civilian targets.

Even to carry out attacks against military targets during a declared war is a crime if those attacking the military targets do not identify themselves as enemy combatants by wearing a uniform.

Who are these Christians who visit accepting Muslim countries where, free to do as they please, they plan, prepare and execute attacks on Muslim civilians?

Can you name one incident in which this happened?

Even in the case of the Crusades, the Crusaders made clear who they were and why they were there.

As for alienating Islam, I really don't see how any religion that requires imposition of a theocracy to be compatible with the US Constitution.

And how can a religion that imposes the death penalty for apostasy coexist with the First Amendment provision of free exercise of religion?

The left's infatuation with the state has made odd bedfellows of liberals and Muslims as each are equally committed to an all powerful central state, even if the nature of each side's ideal government differs dramatically from the other.

Old 04-19-2014, 02:32 AM

1,070 posts, read 739,800 times
Ahem, Turkey, a Muslim country is apart of NATO and our ally. Let's not generalize too much, ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Muslims like to blow up innocent folks, bomb jets, buildings etc. That might be one reason they think Muslims are bad. I don't see Christians or Hindus or Mormons doing this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies