Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2013, 06:50 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
Wow... when a fact become deflection there's no reason to be had. Typical

The rest of the country is waking up the facts that all of us so-called "haters" and "racists" warned about. It's baseless when a habitual deflector cries deflection.

I'd like to coin a new phrase; Obama-addict

You people are so addicted to him that you need him like a fix.

No need for a new phrase, the most descriptive of Obama was created to describe Reagan, the 'Teflon President'

Still works.

Old 11-28-2013, 10:49 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Let's just say this: you are depending on what you read, did you work with him or know him personally? NOPE!!!!! I know for a fact, what you are saying, regardless of who reported it, is not true. BTW, his Alzheimer's disease was diagnosed in the mid 90s and if he had any early signs it was toward the end of his second term, not during the majority of his presidency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
did you know him personally? were not talking "personality" he seemed like a likeable enough sort, however your reply is based on personality not his accomplishments or lack of. so it's ok with you that he only suffered from dementia for the last part of his presidency? that's rich. you didn't address any of the list of reasons why people thought he sucked as a president, just skipped over it to remind us what a swell man he was...much like his presidency. you could start by Reagan's lack of response when our marines were killed. then tackle his lack of response for the aids epidemic. the man was not a great president.
did I miss your reply or was it easier to just skip it? you Reagan lovers always seem to gloss over the facts

tripled the national debt
unemployment went from 7.5% to 11%
cut taxes for his rich pals while raising taxes on the middle class
ignored the aids epidemic
granted amnesty to 3 million illegals (most right wing folks don't like that sort of thing)
gave billions of dollars to Islamic "freedom fighters" the same who took down the towers on 911
Iran Contra affair
dementia in office (oh that's right you didn't mind because it was only the last half of his presidency)
did nothing to retaliate for the bombing deaths of over 300 of our marines.

Old 11-28-2013, 11:48 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,260 times
Anyone care to dig into the approval rates for some of these presidents at the end of their terms? I guarantee that every single one has seen a bump in the public's perception of them. So if Obama is mid-pack now, I can't wait to see what his numbers are in 5 years.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Old 11-28-2013, 03:37 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link: New Poll: Reagan Ranked Greatest President Of Last Hundred Years; Guess Who's the Biggest Failure? | Independent Journal Review

Heartwarming news on Thanksgiving Eve.

And the icing on the cake is that even more people think Obama is a failure than Bush. There's still three more years for his numbers to drop even more.

Independent Journal Review...

Kinda like The Onion ain't it?

Old 11-28-2013, 03:45 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Where'd they take that poll? At a Mississippi honky-tonk?

Reagan couldn't win the nomination in his OWN party today if.he had to run on his record as president.

Stop wasting folks' time with this nonsense.

Old 11-28-2013, 04:00 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Where'd they take that poll? At a Mississippi honky-tonk?

Reagan couldn't win the nomination in his OWN party today if.he had to run on his record as president.

Stop wasting folks' time with this nonsense.
The same Reagan that banned guns, gave amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants, was a union leader who led strikes, and gave weapons to Muslim extremists?

Old 11-28-2013, 04:07 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link: New Poll: Reagan Ranked Greatest President Of Last Hundred Years; Guess Who's the Biggest Failure? | Independent Journal Review

Heartwarming news on Thanksgiving Eve.

And the icing on the cake is that even more people think Obama is a failure than Bush. There's still three more years for his numbers to drop even more.
The Reagan White House had more criminals in it (than any other White House in American history.)

Reagan administration scandals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its heartwarming news that American's respect criminals?

I'm scared you would steal my wallet.

Old 11-28-2013, 04:07 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,993,910 times
Odd that FDR wasn't the runaway favourite in today's "what's in it for me?" world.

Old 11-28-2013, 05:46 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
Odd that FDR wasn't the runaway favourite in today's "what's in it for me?" world.
Reagan sure as hell couldn't win four terms even if he had been eligible. He's lucky enough that Gary Hart got caught on Monkey Business.

Old 11-28-2013, 05:52 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
The Reagan White House had more criminals in it (than any other White House in American history.)

Reagan administration scandals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its heartwarming news that American's respect criminals?

I'm scared you would steal my wallet.
The administrations with the most convictions was the Clinton administration.

THE CLINTON LEGACY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies