Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 08:09 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,802,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I see a lot of people complaining about the programming on MSNBC also.

Not me; I don't watch anything on that network.

Old 11-27-2013, 09:15 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
ill watch what i want and comment how i want.

she is a joke.
My my...touchy ..aren't we? Yes...you can watch and whine...it's still a free country. Nevertheless, the suggestion that if she so annoys you, to watch something else, does make sense. Since you seem a bit ..tense..anyway, it doesn't seem logical to inflate your blood pressure any higher.

Personally, I rather like Megyn Kelly. In comparison, I prefer Dana Perino, for both looks and professional bearing. If she were to run for president with Megyn Kelly as her running mate I would vote for them. It would be great fun to see their campaign, and wat h leftist /liberal heads explode like hot paint cans. I could probably go off my BP meds seing that. Laughter is the best medicine.

Old 11-27-2013, 09:17 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
I prefer the snotty, condescending and smarmy Mr. Maddow.

Old 11-28-2013, 05:12 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
ill watch what i want and comment how i want.

she is a joke.
would you like some cheese with your wine?

To you she is a joke, to some others, yes might be as well, but maybe some of this has to do with jealousy and the left having trouble understanding how all these women, could be smart, educated, attractive and conservatives. That just kills you guys I think.

Old 11-28-2013, 06:03 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
watching her show right now. i remember her hyping her show as a non partisan strictly news show but that is far from the case.

she is trying too hard to be a female hannity.

at least oreilly will challenge conservative guests, even though he agrees with them most of the time.
She totally swung and whiffed when she had Ezekiel Emanuel on to talk about Obamacare. At a minimum she should have asked him to define "when resources are scarce" - who makes that decision? Is there a dollar amount?

She had Ezekiel Emanuel on twice. That's Rahm's whacko brother who helped craft Obamacare and used to advise Obama. She never mentioned his Complete Lives System where he says it's okay, when resources are scarce, to throw out anyone over 65 and very young children/infants (because society hasn't invested in them yet), and only give resources to...well here, you can hear it from him on his own words and how he justifies rationing when resources are scarce:

“Unlike allocation by sex or race, allocation by age is not invidious discrimination; every person lives through different states rather than being a single age. Even if 25-year-olds receive priority over 65-year-olds, everyone who is 65 years now was previously 25 years. Consideration of the importance of complete lives also supports modifying the youngest-first principle by prioritising adolescents and young adults over infants. Adolescents have received substantial education and parental care, investments that will be wasted without a complete life. Infants by contrast, have not yet received these investments. Similarly, adolescence brings with it a developed personality capable of forming and valuing long-term plans whose fulfillment requires a complete life.”

http://www.scribd.com/doc/18280675/P...-Interventions

Lifesite News reported that in a Hastings Center Report, 1996, Emanuel also spoke of denying care to the disabled:

“In a separate 1996 article for the Hastings Center Report, Emanuel spoke about rationing care away from those "who are irreversibly prevented from being or becoming participating citizens" to the non-disabled, adding "An obvious example is not guaranteeing health services to patients with dementia."

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/arc...9/aug/09081109

Again, the point of this post isn't rationing. We've had those discussions before. It's Megyn Kelly not mentioning it at all when she had Emanuel on her show twice. I mean seriously, is he the right guest to have on when the issue is a broken website and people losing their health insurance? I don't think so. He's the guest you have on to discuss ethics of Obamacare.

Old 11-28-2013, 06:45 AM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,392 times
Quote:
watching her show right now. i remember her hyping her show as a non partisan strictly news show but that is far from the case.

she is trying too hard to be a female hannity.

at least oreilly will challenge conservative guests, even though he agrees with them most of the time.
Quit being so jealous. It isn't a nice look on you.

Old 11-28-2013, 07:00 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
I find that life is much better now that I have gone back to READING BOOKS instead of watching tv.
Oh, yes, I do watch some tv. I find Dr. Phil rather funny sometimes, and I enjoy Antiques Roadshow and This Old House. I watch the CBS news, and sometimes I even find the stories believable. Same thing for the local news. I watch Undercover Boss.
As far as the people who are incessantly decried on here, I have to ask "Who are these people, and why do they cause such hate and discontent? If you find them so upsetting, WHY on earth don't you just IGNORE them?"
Hannity, O'Reilly, Kelly, etc.? The only place I ever see their names is on here! If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't even know they exist!

Old 11-28-2013, 07:28 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
would you like some cheese with your wine?

To you she is a joke, to some others, yes might be as well, but maybe some of this has to do with jealousy and the left having trouble understanding how all these women, could be smart, educated, attractive and conservatives. That just kills you guys I think.
Think you nailed it. The lady commentators on FOX, especially Megyn Kelly, put the libs into fits that require sedation to calm. Hurling the vilest of rhetoric, insulting the womens femininity, it's just...crass. Schoolgirl antics.

Old 11-28-2013, 07:37 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
One more difference between conservatives and liberals;
a conservative doesn't watch shows they don't like,
liberals watch anyway, just so they can complain about it.
(and try to ban it if they can.)
Some people watch for entertainment purposes. Something to laugh at and poke fun of. And you're full of it if you think it's just liberals who do that, as are most statements that blame the other side for everything.

I'm with the OP. On occasion, I'll go to YouTube specifically in search for a clip of some political (be them liberal or conservative) or religious/anti-religious lunatic. Why not? Everyone has their guilty pleasure. At least mine is still relevant to important issues, keeping me apprised of how messed up people can become.

I think Megyn Kelly is so annoying it's hysterical. Wrap your head around that one

Old 11-28-2013, 07:42 AM

2,226 posts, read 2,102,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I find that life is much better now that I have gone back to READING BOOKS instead of watching tv.
Oh, yes, I do watch some tv. I find Dr. Phil rather funny sometimes, and I enjoy Antiques Roadshow and This Old House. I watch the CBS news, and sometimes I even find the stories believable. Same thing for the local news. I watch Undercover Boss.
As far as the people who are incessantly decried on here, I have to ask "Who are these people, and why do they cause such hate and discontent? If you find them so upsetting, WHY on earth don't you just IGNORE them?"
Hannity, O'Reilly, Kelly, etc.? The only place I ever see their names is on here! If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't even know they exist!
Not. To mention, Honey Boo-Boo is vastly more qualified to speak on politics.....or most anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies