Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 10:21 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times

Advertisements

One thing about Ron Paul. You got the truth, no matter how hard it was to swallow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2013, 10:35 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
One thing about Ron Paul. You got the truth, no matter how hard it was to swallow.
The people in this country don't want the truth. They want to be fed a sugar coated fairy tale. I liked Ron Paul and always have, but he never had any chance of being elected. I think he knew that. In all honesty, given the mess we are currently in, I think he actually won by being defeated. He is home sitting back watching this and shaking his head.

Old 11-16-2013, 10:57 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,744,104 times
Quote:
If Ron Paul was elected Occupy protesters wouldn't have had their heads bashed in with batons for peacefully protesting. War protesters wouldn't have been intimidated, rounded up & jailed. Legalized marijuana dispensaries wouldn't have been raided & shut down out West. Non violent inmates imprisoned for drug use (i.e. minorities) would be walking the streets today as free men/women. We wouldn't have secret presidential kill lists. We wouldn't have drones flying the skies over our heads. We wouldn't have the NSA spying on regular citizens. We wouldn't have a law that allows the Government to negate all your Constitutional rights simply by declaring you a Domestic Terrorist.

Liberalism is dead. A much more dangerous & insidious mutation called Progressivism has taken it's place. Liberals loved their neighbors, Progressives want to turn their neighbors in if they differ politically. Liberals were anti-war, Progressives love war as vehicle to spread their political ideology. etc etc.

Old 11-17-2013, 12:10 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,894,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
The people in this country don't want the truth. They want to be fed a sugar coated fairy tale. I liked Ron Paul and always have, but he never had any chance of being elected. I think he knew that. In all honesty, given the mess we are currently in, I think he actually won by being defeated. He is home sitting back watching this and shaking his head.
He is a good man. A lot of his economic policies wouldn't have made it past Congress, but the things he could control: spying, drones, war, troops abroad, war on drugs would've all ended under his watch by executive fiat.

Old 11-17-2013, 12:17 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,444,662 times
Quote:
Ron Paul could not have been an intellectually honest president. His principals oppose any form of welfare, including Social Security and Medicare. He can be above the fray only because there was never any chance of him actually becoming President -- same with Dennis Kucinich, actually, though I adore Kucinich. If he were, his base would have been extremely disappointed in the concessions he would have been forced to make.

Old 11-17-2013, 12:28 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,236,853 times
Quote:
Ya mean he really is a racist? That's what I've thought all along, thanks for confirming.

Old 11-17-2013, 12:31 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Ron Paul could not have been an intellectually honest president. His principals oppose any form of welfare, including Social Security and Medicare. He can be above the fray only because there was never any chance of him actually becoming President -- same with Dennis Kucinich, actually, though I adore Kucinich. If he were, his base would have been extremely disappointed in the concessions he would have been forced to make.
If Kucinich were intellectually honest he couldn't be President. In order to become President you have to swear the oath of office. No honest liberal could take that oath. It requires you to uphold the constitution, and no liberal upholds the constitution. Now usually I avoid making absolute statements. I prefer using "many" or "most" instead of "all" and to use "few" instead of none. But in this case, there is no problem with making an absolute statement. It is an impossibility to be liberal and to support the constitution. I have never in my entire life seen even one single liberal who supported the constitution.

Old 11-17-2013, 12:46 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,444,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
If Kucinich were intellectually honest he couldn't be President. In order to become President you have to swear the oath of office. No honest liberal could take that oath. It requires you to uphold the constitution, and no liberal upholds the constitution. Now usually I avoid making absolute statements. I prefer using "many" or "most" instead of "all" and to use "few" instead of none. But in this case, there is no problem with making an absolute statement. It is an impossibility to be liberal and to support the constitution. I have never in my entire life seen even one single liberal who supported the constitution.
When the forefathers wrote the constitution, they specifically had in mind the Republican party platform as of 2013. Anything else would be absolutely not upholding the constitution.

Old 11-17-2013, 01:34 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
yea, you can go live in Ron Paul's fantasy america if you want, lets see how long you last.

Old 11-17-2013, 02:08 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
He is a good man. A lot of his economic policies wouldn't have made it past Congress, but the things he could control: spying, drones, war, troops abroad, war on drugs would've all ended under his watch by executive fiat.
The problem with people like Ron Paul and you is that you claim everyone else lives is a fantasy world, but in reality it is you.

Now granted, when Paul sites down in hour long interviews, he makes more sense because he explains himself, but i dont think his followers watch those interviews, i think they just listen to his campaign slogans.

Spying really has never been a political hot button issue, all the countries with the capabilities do it. If you can explain why you are actually against it, then i will give you a detailed response.

Drone strikes are better than sending our military into foreign lands, and the argument that we should just end this program, shut down bases and stop patrolling the seas would only be possible in a utopian society where there were no pirates that robbed shipping vessels,or terrorist that attacked innocent people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies