Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 02:06 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,165,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
The school I teach in the kids use it as a homophobic slur.
It's a sex term, straight up. Doesn't matter if you're gay or straight, anyone can do it.

Old 11-30-2013, 02:09 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,248,665 times
Quote:
Jon Stewart says it is time people grow up and stop using Tea Bagger as an insult to the Tea Party.

Jon Stewart Scolds Rachel Maddow and MSNBC for Saying 'Teabagger' - YouTube
Odd. Usually conservatives discount what Jon Stewart has to say as pretty much nothing more than a comedian's performance.

NOW you want us to pay attention to him?

Old 11-30-2013, 02:09 PM

26,457 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
And?
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
It's a sex term, straight up. Doesn't matter if you're gay or straight, anyone can do it.
And its a derogatory petty insult to the Tea Party. And it has been used to mock gay men.

Adults stopped using it after the 1st few laughs and the elderly caught up with the Junior High toilet phrase.

Old 11-30-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Odd. Usually conservatives discount what Jon Stewart has to say as pretty much nothing more than a comedian's performance.

NOW you want us to pay attention to him?
So you disagree with his point that you are childish for supporting the term as an insult?

Old 11-30-2013, 02:11 PM

8,060 posts, read 3,941,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
It's funny how Progressives go from "It's not whether or not it offends you, it's whether or not it offends the victims" when we're talking about mascot names like Indians, but then twist it around in cases like this. For people who claim to be so highly intelligent & culturally sensitive it just shows what they're really about. As an old fashioned, love thy neighbor, anti war, live & let live Liberal, I'm disgusted by the low brow, intolerant, pro-war Progressives, who're nothing more than NeoCons who believe in gay marriage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Really? Because I don't buy into your asinine assertion that "teabagger" is a homophobic term, I'm somehow an intolerant, pro-war neocon who happens to believe in gay marriage?

I'll take it that your deflecting to attack me means you have nothing to support your assertion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tele-Cat View Post
Considering 'baggers all want Obama dead, I wouldn't go talking about "true colors," if I were you.

Mason3000:
Good post! Now you better duck, that (D) beside your name will not protect you from the wrath of Progressives.

Old 11-30-2013, 02:13 PM

15,625 posts, read 10,378,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newonetoo View Post
Congressional members are just so, so, well, sexual these days.
Did you ever hear what Boehner told Reid to do?

Boehner Responds to Reid: 'Go F

That nasty man!
If true, it was wrong. However, Boehner is not the President, who should set a good example. Calling people derogatory names is not setting a good example. It is bullying and inappropriate.

Old 11-30-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
It's funny how Progressives go from "It's not whether or not it offends you, it's whether or not it offends the victims" when we're talking about mascot names like Indians, but then twist it around in cases like this. For people who claim to be so highly intelligent & culturally sensitive it just shows what they're really about. As an old fashioned, love thy neighbor, anti war, live & let live Liberal, I'm disgusted by the low brow, intolerant, pro-war Progressives, who're nothing more than NeoCons who believe in gay marriage.
+1 for having integrity.

Old 11-30-2013, 02:28 PM

Quote:
If adults stopped using it after the 1st week, then why did the teabagger in his letter to Obama refer to teabaggers like himself as teabaggers?
A) Not all adults found out about the junior high toilet humor at the same time.

B) Read again...he uses the term as an example of your immaturity.

Old 11-30-2013, 02:36 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,094,770 times
Quote:
Read again...he uses the term as an example of your immaturity.
I've read it several times. In a nutshell:

Man to Obama: You make fun of 'tea baggers'.
Obama to Man: I do not make fun of 'tea baggers'

If you're going to call adherents of your movement tea baggers, you can't be offended when others likewise refer to them as tea baggers.

It's ridiculous to write to a man accusing him of "making fun of tea baggers" and to then get upset when he uses the term 'tea bagger' in his response of "I don't make fun of tea baggers."

Old 11-30-2013, 02:39 PM

Quote:
I've read it several times. In a nutshell:

Man to Obama: You make fun of 'tea baggers'.
Obama to Man: I do not make fun of 'tea baggers'

If you're going to call adherents of your movement tea baggers, you can't be offended when others likewise refer to them as tea baggers.

It's ridiculous to write to a man accusing him of "making fun of tea baggers" and to then get upset when he uses the term 'tea bagger' in his response of "I don't make fun of tea baggers."
If you choose to read it out of context for Obama's benefit go ahead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies