Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 07:14 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
And? Is this something only Obama has done or has just about every president done this at one point or another?
Can you cite some examples ? Shouldn't be too hard since you say every President has done this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2013, 07:15 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I said Romney would defeat Obama. Logically, he should have done so, as we had the worst president in US history as his opponant.

However, I now know and appreciate that most Americans are idiots who reflexively vote for democrats, regardless of performance or effect on the nation.

As long as we have-

1. high unemployment
2. more poor people
3. more people on foodstamps
4. more people on disability
5. more illegal immigrants
6. more idiots and a declining national IQ

- we will always have democrat politicians. Given current trends, I think that democrats can breathe easy while the nation falls into ruin. Our fate is that of Detroit- a liberal utopia with predictable results.
Ah, well it is good you only think Americans who don't agree with you must be idiots rather than there was voter fraud because that is the only way Obama could have won. Well you keep thinking Americans are idiots while your base gets smaller and smaller as it moves further and further from reality.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Can you cite some examples ? Shouldn't be too hard since you say every President has done this.
Seriously? You think Obama is the first to do this things and then you try to say the liberals are the ones that are uninformed?

Here's some reading material for you.

War Powers | Law Library of Congress | Library of Congress

If Congress Says No, Can Obama Strike? | The Nation

Executive Orders per president
List of United States federal executive orders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh and it is a 60 day rule, not 30 day. You really should read up on the War Power Resolution that Nixon tried to veto before pretending you know what it says.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Seriously? You think Obama is the first to do this things and then you try to say the liberals are the ones that are uninformed?

Here's some reading material for you.

War Powers | Law Library of Congress | Library of Congress

If Congress Says No, Can Obama Strike? | The Nation

Executive Orders per president
List of United States federal executive orders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh and it is a 60 day rule, not 30 day. You really should read up on the War Power Resolution that Nixon tried to veto before pretending you know what it says.
I guess I should have looked it up before typing 30.

I guess throwing all EO's signed by Presidents is your way of citing examples ?

Old 12-04-2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:
I guess I should have looked it up before typing 30.

I guess throwing all EO's signed by Presidents is your way of citing examples ?
Oh, you only wanted EOs about Climate Change? Here is one from Bush in 2007.
Bush Orders First Federal Regulation of Greenhouse Gases

Old 12-04-2013, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Oh, you only wanted EOs about Climate Change? Here is one from Bush in 2007.
Bush Orders First Federal Regulation of Greenhouse Gases
And he did it because of a Supreme Court ruling

From your own link:

The President's new policy is based on a decision by the U.S. Supreme Court April 2 in Massachusetts v. EPA that the Bush administration failed to follow the requirements of the Clean Air Act when it refused to regulate greenhouse gas emissions from motor vehicles.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:08 AM

Quote:
And he did it because of a Supreme Court ruling

From your own link:

The President's new policy is based on a decision by the U.S. Supreme Court April 2 in Massachusetts v. EPA that the Bush administration failed to follow the requirements of the Clean Air Act when it refused to regulate greenhouse gas emissions from motor vehicles.
That is true. He still used an Executive Order, something all presidents do.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:21 AM

Quote:
That is true. He still used an Executive Order, something all presidents do.
You totally deflected there and turned this into "All Presidents use EOs".

Here's my original post you commented on:

Is there anyway for that to happen short of a national emergency at election time ?
I don't think there are any other loopholes to serving a third term.

Congress said no to the Dream Act and Obama found a way around that legally I might add.
Obama invaded Libya via a Friday night memo and used that 30 day rule.
Obama has used EO's to enact climate change initiatives through the EPA bypassing Congress.

He has found ways, legal ways, to bypass or alter the laws without needing the approval of Congress.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:27 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
You totally deflected there and turned this into "All Presidents use EOs".

Here's my original post you commented on:

Is there anyway for that to happen short of a national emergency at election time ?
I don't think there are any other loopholes to serving a third term.

Congress said no to the Dream Act and Obama found a way around that legally I might add.
Obama invaded Libya via a Friday night memo and used that 30 day rule.
Obama has used EO's to enact climate change initiatives through the EPA bypassing Congress.

He has found ways, legal ways, to bypass or alter the laws without needing the approval of Congress.
And Lincoln suspended habeus corpus, Thomas Jefferson unilaterally committed the United States to the Louisiana Purchase, and George W Bush's signing statements were a litany of why the laws didn't apply to him.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:31 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
And Lincoln suspended habeus corpus, Thomas Jefferson unilaterally committed the United States to the Louisiana Purchase, and George W Bush's signing statements were a litany of why the laws didn't apply to him.
Since the Democrats endorse lawlessness from their President, I trust you'll keep your mouth shut when the next Republican does the same. Deal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies