Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2013, 07:21 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Pseudo-science debunks itself...

Are you trying to fortify it???

LULZZZZZ
Your junk science doesn't debunk anything. It is cold where I am now, thus global warming must be fake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 07:24 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Both require studying and learning how to adapt to future changes.
Cool, than advocate making Mars habitable as opposed to scare-mongering me out of my SUV.

Old 12-13-2013, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Cool, than advocate making Mars habitable as opposed to scare-mongering me out of my SUV.
I don't see us reaching the level of being able to man made terraform a planet, I think we will have to let the universe do that one for us.

Old 12-13-2013, 07:44 AM

Quote:
I don't see us reaching the level of being able to man made terraform a planet, I think we will have to let the universe do that one for us.
Interesting... so, using Mars as an example, you would agree that we would be long dead before that were to ever happen?

And, by that logic, you agree that is why we came into existence on Earth.

And, can I assume you believe that is possibly what happened on Venus? Mercury perhaps as well was once inhabitable until it's atmosphere was wiped out by the ever growing radius of the sun?

Do you think fossil fuel burning wiped out Venus? Or maybe the sun just burned it into a hell planet?

Mind you, astronomers largely believe it took BILLIONS of years for Venus to evaporate.

All the above is not even taking into consideration that Venus has NO magnetic field and has been theorized to been struck by a foreign object due to it's almost non-existent rotation. But I digress....

Old 12-13-2013, 07:55 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Interesting... so, using Mars as an example, you would agree that we would be long dead before that were to ever happen?

And, can I assume you believe that is possibly what happened on Venus? Mercury perhaps as well was once inhabitable until it's atmosphere was wiped out by the ever growing radius of the sun?

Do you think fossil fuel burning wiped out Venus? Or maybe the sun just burned it into a hell planet?

Mind you, astronomers largely believe it took BILLIONS of years for Venus to evaporate.

All the above is not even taking into consideration that Venus has NO magnetic field and has been theorized to been struck by a foreign object due to it's almost non-existent rotation. But I digress....
Earth and Venus may be roughly the same size, but that is where the comparison ends. Venus is in a retrograde orbit, its day is longer than its year. More importantly, Venus is literally peppered with volcanoes. They estimate somewhere around a million active volcanoes are on Venus, compared to Earth's mere ~1,500. Like Mars, Venus has always had a 96%+ CO2 atmosphere. There was never a "runaway" greenhouse effect on Venus, it has always been that way. So the comparison between Earth and Venus is ludicrous.

Old 12-13-2013, 08:00 AM

Quote:

No I don't agree that we would be long dead, I just don't see us terraforming Mars, but science has impressed me before, so you never know.

Old 12-13-2013, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Earth and Venus may be roughly the same size, but that is where the comparison ends. Venus is in a retrograde orbit, its day is longer than its year. More importantly, Venus is literally peppered with volcanoes. They estimate somewhere around a million active volcanoes are on Venus, compared to Earth's mere ~1,500. Like Mars, Venus has always had a 96%+ CO2 atmosphere. There was never a "runaway" greenhouse effect on Venus, it has always been that way. So the comparison between Earth and Venus is ludicrous.
I agree that it is ludicrous....but I am simply lending myself to the argument because many climatologists propose it.

Old 12-13-2013, 08:37 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Oh good, it sounds like you might have a chance in a science class at your near by community college. No, you only ask those questions once you find yourself in a hole you have dug, not something you ever bothered to ask when any data was presented to you. If you would have any grasp on that kind of data, you would understand that we have been getting warmer.
You are just full of personal attacks and insults, aren't you.

Of course we are getting warmer don't try and act as if this is something we don't both agree on. Ee were in a little ice-age a century ago, I freaking hope we are warming up. BTW, since you claim to be all knowing, when the planet naturally warmed out of the LIA, at what point was it supposed to halt all further warming?

Old 12-13-2013, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Not at all...The reasons for past climate change are well understood, and the climate forcing events that changed the climate in the past do not exist today, so that leaves only one possibility.
I know the scammer's view on this, since people on the earth, then all warming is now caused by their introduction of CO2, got it.

If it were not for people, the planet's climate would be static, and hovering in the little ice-age for the next million years.

Old 12-13-2013, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Yep, keep your head in the sand and pretend like nothing bad will come from this.
All we need to do is look back in time the the medieval warming period, and things were really great for humans. But you folks imagine the worst kind of scenarios where it's end of the world kind of doom and gloom, actual human while history disagrees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies