Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 01:04 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,758,615 times

Advertisements

They could easily make one. So they must have one since China has a whole bunch of nukes and and norh Korea supposedly has one and fired a non-nuklear missile over Japan a few years ago. Put it all together and Japan must have a nuke. They would be stupid not to with this tension going on with China.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 01:10 PM

13,715 posts, read 31,026,329 times
Uh....no. Japan does not have one. If they did, we would have heard about it during its development.

Japan doesn't even make their own fighter jets. Their constitution has strict restrictions on the scope of their defense/military.

And what use would a nuke have in a fight with China over an island?

Old 12-02-2013, 01:21 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,446,827 times
Do I believe it? No, there is no evidence they have one.

I don't believe stuff people just think might possibly be true, like Japan's nukes, the loch ness monster, or lizard people that rule the world. It's intellectual honesty to not believe until something is proven to be true, and dishonesty to believe things that have no evidence that they exist.

Old 12-02-2013, 01:26 PM

13,279 posts, read 7,811,983 times
China wants both of their Conservative States, Taiwan and Japan back.

They already have their Libertarian State, Hong Kong, back.

Deals with the U.S. will be struck.

Old 12-02-2013, 01:27 PM

1,871 posts, read 4,251,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Do I believe it? No, there is no evidence they have one.

I don't believe stuff people just think might possibly be true, like Japan's nukes, the loch ness monster, or lizard people that rule the world. It's intellectual honesty to not believe until something is proven to be true, and dishonesty to believe things that have no evidence that they exist.
To be fair, Israel is believed to have nukes though its never been confirmed. That being said, I doubt there are any nukes on Japanese soil that were made and controlled by Japan itself. I guess its possible the U.S. may have moved some nukes there, but they are not controlled by Japan.

Old 12-02-2013, 01:34 PM

15,082 posts, read 14,259,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
They could easily make one. So they must have one since China has a whole bunch of nukes and and norh Korea supposedly has one and fired a non-nuklear missile over Japan a few years ago. Put it all together and Japan must have a nuke. They would be stupid not to with this tension going on with China.
They don't need nukes. They have Godzilla.

Old 12-02-2013, 01:37 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,363,947 times
They do and it's not hidden away, it's in plain site and it's called Fukushima.

Old 12-02-2013, 01:51 PM

13,279 posts, read 7,811,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
They do and it's not hidden away, it's in plain site and it's called Fukushima.
Seems somewhat "karmic", doesn't it?

Old 12-02-2013, 01:59 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,446,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkomatic View Post
To be fair, Israel is believed to have nukes though its never been confirmed.
To be fair, what does that have to do with Japan?

If Israel is aummed to have nukes by some one, that you have not labeled, really doesn't have much impact if another country has them. It's a non-sequitor. Thinking they might have nukes doesn't confirm they do, and doesn't have much impact on a country across the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkomatic View Post
That being said, I doubt there are any nukes on Japanese soil that were made and controlled by Japan itself. I guess its possible the U.S. may have moved some nukes there, but they are not controlled by Japan.
That being said, there is zero evidence they have nukes or who controls them.

It's one thing to say if they had nukes that it could be possible to be considering nukes in the face of an invasion by a much larger force and they have the capability. It's completely another to know they must have them like the OP without any evidence, and certainly even more bizarre they would be holding nukes for the US without evidence.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:07 PM

1,871 posts, read 4,251,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
To be fair, what does that have to do with Japan?

If Israel is aummed to have nukes by some one, that you have not labeled, really doesn't have much impact if another country has them. It's a non-sequitor. Thinking they might have nukes doesn't confirm they do, and doesn't have much impact on a country across the world.

That being said, there is zero evidence they have nukes or who controls them.

It's one thing to say if they had nukes that it could be possible to be considering nukes in the face of an invasion by a much larger force and they have the capability. It's completely another to know they must have them like the OP without any evidence, and certainly even more bizarre they would be holding nukes for the US without evidence.
I believe that I responded to your post in a respectful way so I'm not sure why you are so angry.

Anyway, my point in bringing up Israel is that its possible for a country to hide nukes. That's all.

I agree the OP is indeed assuming that Japan has nukes simply because it makes sense to him--that's not a confirmation that they do of course. I'm just saying its possible that the U.S. may have sneaked some nukes to Japan considering the obvious strategic advantage--but its unlikely since if China ever found out there would be a big mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies