Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 07:29 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

Under Obamas orders, the EPA has made it illegal to make lead.
The bullet and sabot makers have closed their doors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2013, 07:34 AM

23,854 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Lead is an element - you don't "make" it. Stars do that.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:15 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,083,636 times
Since he has accomplished so much then there is no need for further gun control efforts.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:30 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Lead is an element - you don't "make" it. Stars do that.

What I was getting at... It has to be processed.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:48 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,909,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What I was getting at... It has to be processed.
The EPA closed the last US based smelter. Recycled lead does not have to be smelted and that's the source for almost all of the lead in bullets.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:59 AM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Propaganda 101, especially the header where it says "protecting our kids", absolutely shameless.
Parents should be offended at the notion of government taking responsibility for their children.
I applaud the efforts of the administration to do that which over 85% of the people want regarding gun safety. Our legislators are beholden to the special interests and have been afraid to initiate even mild attempts to protect their constituents.....when they have been bought and paid for....it is hard to do that which is right.

In my opinion it is obvious that government has a role in protecting our children......not only thru the enactment of laws requiring background checks and limiting the types of weapons and ammunitions that are available and marketed to the public.

The existence of police departments is just one way government partners with parents to protect children. Amber Alerts, Sex Offender Registries and multitudinous other efforts are examples of Government assisting parents in caring for children. Complaining about government taking a role in protecting the common good is like the laughable rally cry of the early Teaparty....."Keep your Govenmental hands off my Medicare!"

Old 12-04-2013, 09:27 AM

793 posts, read 1,419,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
The EPA closed the last US based smelter. Recycled lead does not have to be smelted and that's the source for almost all of the lead in bullets.
Stop speaking the truth, people are trying to feel righteous indignation here.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:41 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,909,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I applaud the efforts of the administration to do that which over 85% of the people want regarding gun safety. Our legislators are beholden to the special interests and have been afraid to initiate even mild attempts to protect their constituents.....when they have been bought and paid for....it is hard to do that which is right.
So mob rules even if it is opposition to the Constitution? Also, please tell me where this 85% number comes from.

Quote:
In my opinion it is obvious that government has a role in protecting our children......not only thru the enactment of laws requiring background checks and limiting the types of weapons and ammunitions that are available and marketed to the public.
What are your limits?

Quote:
The existence of police departments is just one way government partners with parents to protect children. Amber Alerts, Sex Offender Registries and multitudinous other efforts are examples of Government assisting parents in caring for children. Complaining about government taking a role in protecting the common good is like the laughable rally cry of the early Teaparty....."Keep your Govenmental hands off my Medicare!"
You are making no distinction between federal, state and local government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies