Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 06:06 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,975,997 times

Advertisements

Super-snake ahead! Warming makes mammals smaller, reptiles bigger - NBC News.com

I could not believe this crap. Large snakes and small horses due to global warming Ohhh my. My jury was out on the idea of climate change but this is making me feel they are desperate to push an agenda. There may be more BS to CC than I thought. Oh wait in 10 million years the earth will have large snakes and small horses. Its already here, look at congress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 06:11 AM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
Super-snake ahead! Warming makes mammals smaller, reptiles bigger - NBC News.com

I could not believe this crap. Large snakes and small horses due to global warming Ohhh my. My jury was out on the idea of climate change but this is making me feel they are desperate to push an agenda. There may be more BS to CC than I thought. Oh wait in 10 million years the earth will have large snakes and small horses. Its already here, look at congress.
Says the link is gone, 404 error. Maybe even NBC realized just how stupid that story was.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:27 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,462,953 times
The link works fine for me...

Global warming is no more an agenda than germ theory or gravity. It's science, and all had the meet the same criteria in order to become theories.

Animals change to adapt to their environment. The media tends to blow things out of proportion to get people to read it, but there is history of similar climates producing larger reptiles then we have now. Unless you think fossils are put in the ground by Satan to confuse the faithful, the evidence has been available for years in natural history museums.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Says the link is gone, 404 error. Maybe even NBC realized just how stupid that story was.
I see the link to the video is doa. LOL maybe they saw just how Bacmann crazy they are looking now.

here is the direct link to the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCTKHHfsM7Y

Old 11-06-2013, 06:37 AM

4,272 posts, read 3,789,619 times
Florida has some pretty good sized snakes, nowadays. Minnesota... not so much.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:39 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
Florida has some pretty good sized snakes, nowadays. Minnesota... not so much.
Its because pet owners keep releasing their pet anacondas into the wild... I think global warming will bring the dinosaurs back! I love global warming religion...

Old 11-06-2013, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
The link works fine for me...

Global warming is no more an agenda than germ theory or gravity. It's science, and all had the meet the same criteria in order to become theories.

Animals change to adapt to their environment. The media tends to blow things out of proportion to get people to read it, but there is history of similar climates producing larger reptiles then we have now. Unless you think fossils are put in the ground by Satan to confuse the faithful, the evidence has been available for years in natural history museums.
Nope you can't pull that crap on me, I am an Atheist and believe in Evolution. You missed my whole point, not that CC is total bull crap but that the left is so desperate to make it so scarey that they are resorting to the tactics of the biblical nuts who want its practitioners to be so scared of not doing what they say that they will follow mindlessly. If in 10 million years there are huge snakes, well I don't give a damn as Clark would say. My whole idea of what is needed about Global Warming is, how much is man caused and how much is natural cyclical events. If man is the big cause, can it be stopped and more important some Scientist now say that its real but its not the end of the world event some are trying to portray it as. I tend to lean that its real, and man helped if not caused, but that it may not be the game changer that the left trys to push. Remember over 25 years ago we were told the seas would be dead in 10 years. I am not saying that over fishing is not a problem, but that the whole hooplaphobia that its the end of the world and the sky is falling is over done. I am not going to live in one room with a single LED and ride a bike so that the earth can go on as it was for 10000 more years. Sorry if its selfish but that is the way it is.

Should we not use DDT even though its a great killer of Mosquitoes? Yes, it was proven that it got into the water and caused the shells of birds including Bald Eagles, to die. Good idea, but we can not give up on petro chemicals, there are many great things that come form it, such as fertilizer, also GMOs are making more resistant plants. Its proven that GMOs have caused yield to rise so as to be able to feed the mass people across the globe. The left or far left is just as crazy as the far right and the earth is only 5000 years old and god will take care of it all. There is no one crazy idea, there are a lot and the far left is just as guilty as the far right and their anti abortion and vaginal probes.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:44 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
The changing climate is all part of the evolution of this planet.

And sending money to the government isn't going to stop it or reverse it.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:45 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,719,269 times
I found the story more believable than what any of the major religions try to teach and all their stories. It was based on fact not fiction.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:45 AM

4,272 posts, read 3,789,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Its because pet owners keep releasing their pet anacondas into the wild... I think global warming will bring the dinosaurs back! I love global warming religion...
They are released everywhere when they become unmanageable. They thrive in Florida's warming sun, not in Minnesota's icy winters. Mr. Bloch's premise (in the OP's link) is not far-fetched.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies