Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 03:01 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,461,778 times

Advertisements

the government has all the info it needs on you. a drone will not add to it. the govt can get anything it wants about you. it is silly to think that you have privacy just because you close you blinds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 08:25 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
the government has all the info it needs on you. a drone will not add to it. the govt can get anything it wants about you. it is silly to think that you have privacy just because you close you blinds.
Pretty much. I'll reiterate that Americans do NOT have the right to privacy. Even now some government employee in some agency is probably aware of what we're doing on this board.

Not that hard to imagine really.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:33 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Pretty much. I'll reiterate that Americans do NOT have the right to privacy. Even now some government employee in some agency is probably aware of what we're doing on this board.

Not that hard to imagine really.
I wonder what they're getting an hour?

Old 12-05-2013, 09:29 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
LOL. That is interesting because that isn't what the OP thread states. It simply references it.

Thanks friend. maseMan thinks I'm tea party talking point now?

FStv isn't exactly a Tea Party source.

I'm just the messenger, attacking me doesn't change the facts. Surveillance drones will be used by private corps. Update:

Ray Kelly, New York City Police Department Commissioner, said that the department may use spy drones for conducting surveillance.

Kelly told a Reuters editor:“We’re looking into it. Anything that helps us.”Kelly said that adding a UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) as a surveillance tool would be helpful in monitoring protests in the city. He said that the department might start with smaller drones available for purchase online or in stores. Kelly noted that the drone could be helpful in assessing the size of a demonstration.
The Federal Aviation Industry is still working out the details of a rulebook that will regulate how UAV's will be used within the US. The US Department of Homeland Security and Immigration and Customs Enforcement, already use surveillance drones to monitor and secure borders. There are many other agencies who are applying to the drones. Privacy advocates argue that any blanket surveillance violates the fourth amendment to the US constitution :

Read more: New York City police eye drones for surveillance purposes

New York City police eye drones for surveillance purposes

Now, depending on you town or city, it may be banned. Roanoke, Virginia for example, the towns sheriff has opted to not use them bcs the people are against it.

Old 12-06-2013, 03:02 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Thanks friend. maseMan thinks I'm tea party talking point now?

FStv isn't exactly a Tea Party source.

I'm just the messenger, attacking me doesn't change the facts. Surveillance drones will be used by private corps. Update:

Ray Kelly, New York City Police Department Commissioner, said that the department may use spy drones for conducting surveillance.

Kelly told a Reuters editor:“We’re looking into it. Anything that helps us.”Kelly said that adding a UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) as a surveillance tool would be helpful in monitoring protests in the city. He said that the department might start with smaller drones available for purchase online or in stores. Kelly noted that the drone could be helpful in assessing the size of a demonstration.
The Federal Aviation Industry is still working out the details of a rulebook that will regulate how UAV's will be used within the US. The US Department of Homeland Security and Immigration and Customs Enforcement, already use surveillance drones to monitor and secure borders. There are many other agencies who are applying to the drones. Privacy advocates argue that any blanket surveillance violates the fourth amendment to the US constitution :

Read more: New York City police eye drones for surveillance purposes

New York City police eye drones for surveillance purposes

Now, depending on you town or city, it may be banned. Roanoke, Virginia for example, the towns sheriff has opted to not use them bcs the people are against it.
Of course they will. Somebody is making quite a bit off of these contracts. Probably, not too hard to track down. That is why I said they are waiting on FAA.

Technology is simply a tool. Technology isn't the problem.

Old 12-06-2013, 06:33 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Well NO it isnt,the problem is PEOPLE CANT SEE HOW INTRUSIVE IT IS!!!!!!!! (And avoid it)

Old 12-06-2013, 06:59 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
It seems less intrusive to me than having an actual person physically walk up to my front door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies