Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2013, 01:23 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,058,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
It's tolerated because the president of that country is a liberal idiot. go figure.
I feel for those men. Especially the ones that were spray painted by these hags.
funny how lefties praise these women...I mean womyn but if it were conservatives that did something
to trample their free speech.. God forbid.
Oh please.

Go read what conservatives are saying about Congressman Kennedy on the hunger strike thread. He's asserting his First Amendment rights and the uber cons are hoping he dies. But your playing the "I'm a conservative so I'm a martyr" card is noted. Doesn't work but it's noted. And comes as absolutely no surprise. Neither does your referring to women as "hags". Conservatives usually hate strong women so they call them names. That's how to tell off them wimmin libbers! Call 'em hags.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:24 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,203,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
An abortion is a consequence. No one wakes up in the morning thinking, "What a great day to go to the doctor and have a painful, humiliating medical procedure performed!"

The problem for conservatives is that for many women an abortion is less expensive than a pregnancy (I know, how dare a woman think about her financial well-being!) and an abortion is safer than a pregnancy (I know, how dare a woman think about her health!) and an abortion allows a woman to work (I know, why a woman should suppress that nausea and vomit from morning sickness-a misnomer for sure, since the nausea and vomiting strike at all times of the day and night, and she should schedule her doctor appointments after work because there are so many doctor's offices open at night, and she needs to learn to work through back pain, swollen feet and legs, gestational diabetes, high blood pressure, and the like! Women need to grow a pair!) and an abortion allows a woman more resources to provide for the children she already has.

But, no, the woman was so stupid she went ahead and had sex, something human beings have an innate drive and instinct to do. Women shouldn't have that instinct, right? That is the reasoning behind female genital mutilation--that women shouldn't have a human drive and instinct to want sex. Women need to control themselves. And if they don't, they are just being stupid, immoral or irresponsible.
People have reasoning abilities too. That's what separates us from the animals.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:26 PM

15,082 posts, read 14,276,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
People have reasoning abilities too. That's what separates us from the animals.
You never took a science class? Humans ARE animals.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
You never took a science class? Humans ARE animals.
Didn't we evolve to have reasoning skills? Or just some did and some didn't?

Old 12-04-2013, 01:30 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,772,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
It's more than that. Sex is being turned from something special that you only share with people you deeply love into the equivalent of a bodily function -- something to be used with no discretion. Pregnancy is an inconvenience; treated like an unwanted side-effect of sex.
When a man has a condition where he's nauseous for months and can't keep food down, when he's exhausted all the time, when he had to buy an entire new wardrobe because none of his clothes fit, when his blood pressure shoots up and he increases his risk of stroke and other complications, when his feet are swollen, and his legs are retaining water, when his back hurts all the time, and when the end game is pushing a bowling ball out of an opening the size of a half dollar, and he could die in the process, get back to us about inconvenience.

Women are expected to believe that sex is sacred. Men aren't. How do I know this? Because it's women who are supposed to be punished for enjoying sex. Evidently the sacredness of sex is supposed to suck every bit of pleasure from it. Women do your duty! Keep your legs closed, suppress your natural drive to have sex, and only let the man who has a right to you to pleasure himself using your body. And remember, his pleasure is your duty. He gets to enjoy it. But for you----it's sacred!

Old 12-04-2013, 01:31 PM

15,082 posts, read 14,276,033 times
Quote:
Yes, we have evolved to have bigger brains, capable of inventing Gods.
We're still animals, though.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:32 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,772,490 times
Quote:
Animals have reasoning skills. Predators hunt. Any hunter will tell you, it's not just about being better-equipped. It's about out-smarting your prey. And that requires reasoning skills.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Yes, we have evolved to have bigger brains, capable of inventing Gods.
We're still animals, though.
Is that why they were spitting, screaming and running around with their boobs out, because they were just being animals? I get it now, thank you.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:38 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,699,678 times
those of oyu who hammer me about this, thats your decision. it isnt about punishment, its about responsibility, but you refuse to see that. its also about consequences, but again you refuse to see that. you are blinded by your passions and your right to choose to have sex with anyone you choose at anytime you choose, and you think that there should be no consequences for those actions. sorry but there are, thats not my decision, thats not your decision, that is REALITY. and as i have said, i agree that sex is a hell of a lot of fun, in fact sex is a gift loaded with pleasure. but when we give in to those pleasures we have to accept the consequences that go along with those actions.

i have said my peace, you can choose to either go ahead and continue to hammer me for my position, or you can take a minute and look past your want for everything pleasurable and realize that what i am saying is in fact the truth. but you wont wont because you are too blind to see the truth.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:39 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,615,644 times
What is being argued here is that human beings shouldn't be expected to control their instincts because after all, we're just animals. From the footage of the mob, they're certainly acting like animals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies