Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2013, 01:56 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
So women who do not believe in abortion are not "strong"?
Are those women "hags"?

Old 12-04-2013, 01:57 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
those of oyu who hammer me about this, thats your decision. it isnt about punishment, its about responsibility, but you refuse to see that. its also about consequences, but again you refuse to see that. you are blinded by your passions and your right to choose to have sex with anyone you choose at anytime you choose, and you think that there should be no consequences for those actions. sorry but there are, thats not my decision, thats not your decision, that is REALITY. and as i have said, i agree that sex is a hell of a lot of fun, in fact sex is a gift loaded with pleasure. but when we give in to those pleasures we have to accept the consequences that go along with those actions.

i have said my peace, you can choose to either go ahead and continue to hammer me for my position, or you can take a minute and look past your want for everything pleasurable and realize that what i am saying is in fact the truth. but you wont wont because you are too blind to see the truth.
Yes it is about responsibility. The woman has the responsibility to make the correct choice for her life, health, financial well being, future, and sometimes that choice is to have an abortion. That IS having personal responsibility for her life.

Why should there be "consequences" for any biological activity? Are there punishments for breathing? Why do you feel that a woman should be punished for having and liking sex? The vast majority of sexual encounters in this country do not result in pregnancy.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:57 PM

5,734 posts, read 3,252,087 times
They have daddy issues.
most angry women when you talk to them about their lives, hate their fathers for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
These women need a real man obviously. There is something missing in their lives.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:58 PM

nope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Are those women "hags"?

Old 12-04-2013, 02:00 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
So women who do not believe in abortion are not "strong"?
pro choice means supporting choice. there are 3 that includes birth and adoption as well as abortion.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:01 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
this is hilariously funny. women don't "need" a "real" man. what century do you live in?
The Century matters not, women have not changed for 2000+ years. Men either.

Your fads and wacky ideas withstanding of course.

Women who act like this? They have bigger issues than letting their inner stripper out in public.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:02 PM

Stupid analogy.
Really? Women are punished for having sex?
I think these people including you need to go back to sex ed 101 and learn what the outcome could be is
when a man and a woman have sex?
Not everybody has pleasure breathing either because of health issues. Does that mean we remove lungs because of it?

How about animals? Should we perform abortions on pets when they get pregnant?
Seems we treat animals with more dignity than an unborn baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Yes it is about responsibility. The woman has the responsibility to make the correct choice for her life, health, financial well being, future, and sometimes that choice is to have an abortion. That IS having personal responsibility for her life.

Why should there be "consequences" for any biological activity? Are there punishments for breathing? Why do you feel that a woman should be punished for having and liking sex? The vast majority of sexual encounters in this country do not result in pregnancy.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:03 PM

Quote:
no you do not have the right to sex. You do not have the right to have sex with anyone you want just like no man can have sex with anyone he wants. the bottom line is, feminists believe sex should have no responsibilities attached to it.
feminists and their thinking are as varied as individuals are. what one thinks is not necessarily what they all think. you and I will have to agree to disagree. yes sex is a right. women as well as men can have it any time they want. they can either take responsibility or not. that is the bottom line.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:04 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
those of oyu who hammer me about this, thats your decision. it isnt about punishment, its about responsibility, but you refuse to see that. its also about consequences, but again you refuse to see that. you are blinded by your passions and your right to choose to have sex with anyone you choose at anytime you choose, and you think that there should be no consequences for those actions. sorry but there are, thats not my decision, thats not your decision, that is REALITY. and as i have said, i agree that sex is a hell of a lot of fun, in fact sex is a gift loaded with pleasure. but when we give in to those pleasures we have to accept the consequences that go along with those actions.

i have said my peace, you can choose to either go ahead and continue to hammer me for my position, or you can take a minute and look past your want for everything pleasurable and realize that what i am saying is in fact the truth. but you wont wont because you are too blind to see the truth.
Consequences are punishment.

It's not about choosing to be promiscuous. It's about addressing attitudes like yours, however well-meaning, that are entrenched in patriarchal thinking. Women and men are human beings. Nature endowed them both with sex drives, and with the ability to enjoy sex. But in patriarchal systems, women were property, second-class citizens, not supposed to want sex or to enjoy it. And in our modern society, we are still dealing with vestiges of those patriarchal attitudes.

There is nothing irresponsible about choosing to abort an unwanted pregnancy. In a modern society, where a woman has to take responsibility for her own well-being, for her own financial future, for the well-being of the children she already has, it is irresponsible for that woman not to consider the impact that another child would have on her life. If the impact is detrimental to that woman's well-being, to her financial future, to the well-being of her existing children, she is being responsible considering the options available to her.

Men have always had the luxury of others respecting their decisions. Women don't have that luxury. When others don't like the decisions, they deprecate the woman. She's stupid. She's immoral. She's irresponsible. That's the legacy of a patriarchal society, where women weren't considered the equals of men. They were property, or they were like children. They couldn't be trusted with responsibility because they were too emotional.

You have your opinions, and I respect that you have deeply-held convictions. But I have to point out that those convictions are based on a heritage of thinking of women as unequal to men.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Stupid analogy.
Really? Women are punished for having sex?
I think these people including you need to go back to sex ed 101 and learn what the outcome could be is
when a man and a woman have sex?
Not everybody has pleasure breathing either because of health issues. Does that mean we remove lungs because of it?

How about animals? Should we perform abortions on pets when they get pregnant?
Seems we treat animals with more dignity than an unborn baby.
fyi...abortions on animals are quite common. just ask a vet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies