Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 07:23 AM

2,836 posts, read 3,494,717 times

Advertisements

The so-called "Millenials" are too self-absorbed to be informed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 07:26 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,385,461 times
Remember Ron Paul was I believe second in support among this group after Obama - such an incredibly different candidate indeed.

Which is what I could never figure out. How could this generation have been so dichotomous and bipolar in their foresight?

Old 12-05-2013, 07:28 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
You should not be able to vote -

until you are 30
if you are on public assistence
do not own property

Younger people are impulsive and lack life and work experience in order to make rational political decisions. I think, given this cohort voted for Obama TWICE, we can safely say that they make very poor choices when voting.
Wonder why many Liberals want the voting age lowered to 16 ?

Get'em young and train'em right.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:13 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,035,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I will be the first to admit that the Obama team have created some horrible ads at time, but this is not one of them, your entire comment is based on a lie.

The Keg Stand Obamacare Ads
The keg stand ad is ridiculous. Why show a keg? Oh, I guess all young people are drinking.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:51 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Wonder why many Liberals want the voting age lowered to 16 ?

Get'em young and train'em right.
Which confirms that the liberal politicians believe themselves that their constiuents are stupid. A nightmare for democrat politicians would be educated, well to do, mature voters with families. They would never win an election again.

As long as there is ample supply of morons, there will always be democrat politicians.

Sadly, the latter is more realistic for the nation, rather than the former. Libs and dems have nothing to fear.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:43 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,547 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
You can cal it a "right wing streak" if you want. Is that you call FDR rounding up Japanese-Americans, ordering Latin American countries to round up thousands of German and Italian immigrants to their countries and send them to us to be detained, not doing much to help the Jews, cheating on his cousin-wife with his other cousin, etc....a "right wing streak"? FDR, Obama, LBJ, and Wilson are perhaps the 4 biggest "right wingers" we have ever elected.

Fact is Obama supporters tend to be the most hypocritical people - that are willing to put a politician above the welfare of a country. They harshly criticized Bush for what they ignore in or make excuses for Obama.

More lobbyists in WH, more no-bid contracts, more drones over more countries with more civilian casualties, more debt, more waste, renewed Patriot Act, continued special access to big donors, etc...
We have discussed all your examples before and you have never once put up anything to back them up.

If you are willing to back them up, then by all means, do so, but at this point you are just continuously posting the same copy and paste lines over and over again with no substance.

heck, i dont even think President Obama ever went after Bush on drones.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:47 PM

643 posts, read 917,498 times
Throwing Obama out of office will accomplish nothing at this point. I am 26 and I dont favor that. I am upset with him for reasons other than ACA including electing big business heads to appointed positions, not doing enough for the environment, and the usage of drones. 2016 will come and we will have the chance to elect someone different who will likely push a similar agenda (outsided ACA). They all the same! Too easily influenced by big business. The US policitcal platform needs to be changed from a 2 party system to a many party system. Give all the parties an equal shot!

Old 12-05-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You believe that it is not demeaning to encourage woman to compare voting to their first time to the first time having sex. I think girls and woman deserve more respect.

We both posted our beliefs no need to keep droning.

Asking women to make sure they think about who they vote for instead of just pulling a level(pressing a button) for the heck of it ?

You are saying women deserve more respect, but the video wasnt disrespectful. Again, if it had been about just voting for anyone because they had a nice smile, you would have a point ( which is also how your original comments made it seem you thought the video was about), but it doesnt. the video is saying be responsible with your actions just like with sex.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:49 PM

643 posts, read 917,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
You should not be able to vote -

until you are 30
if you are on public assistence
do not own property

Younger people are impulsive and lack life and work experience in order to make rational political decisions. I think, given this cohort voted for Obama TWICE, we can safely say that they make very poor choices when voting.

They revoke driving priveledges for poor/drunk drivers. Why not revoke voting priveledges for those who make equally poor and damaging voting decisions?

The same idiots, however, will be lining up to vote for the very same liberal (just with a different name) in the following elections. Sometimes a moron gets what they deserve.
This is a hugely offensive post. Wow a constutionalist who wants voting rights revoked. Right wingers are all the same: dumb-asses!

Old 12-05-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
The keg stand ad is ridiculous. Why show a keg? Oh, I guess all young people are drinking.
Obviously we all dont. But the point is that President Obama had nothing to do with this ad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies