Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 10:00 AM

1,692 posts, read 1,959,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
per the survey: they might want to throw obama out of office, but they definitely don't want to replace him with a republican.
Shhh. You're getting in the way them only reading what they want to read.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2013, 10:01 AM

8,017 posts, read 5,852,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well then maybe that means they will make more informed decisions in 2016.
Maybe they'll do their own research into issues and proposals instead of following twitter feeds and Facebook postings.
Maybe they've learned that there's more behind the one liner campaign slogans.

And then again..maybe not.

My concern is that the large majority of them are still incredibly ignorant of the "big picture", and are still too naive to discern between fact (what's happening in the real world) and fiction (Obama).

With age comes maturity, and with maturity comes critical thinking. Or at least that's the way it was with me....lol.

Old 12-04-2013, 10:03 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,923,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Typical kid... Thinking that they've discovered some big thing...

I have news for you - corruption has been around in politics since politics has been around. Nothing's changed much in that regard in thousands of years. All you can do is try to temper it.

The "old heads," who were just as outraged as you are when they discovered that fact however many years ago, understand that corruption in politics isn't going anywhere. There's nothing you can do to remove it - ever. All you can do is try to keep it in check by reminding your elected representatives that they work for you, not the other way around.

In other words, YOU may have just discovered this, but the rest of the adult world has known about it for a long time, and you're basically just beating a dead horse.

Want to make a difference? Write letters. Not e-mails, not tweets, not facebook postings... Write LETTERS to your representatives. CALL them on the phone. GO to their town hall meetings. BE ACTIVE IN THE POLITICAL PROCESS, and I don't mean by simply voting every year or two.
It is much more than acknowledging that there are self-serving local politicians and corruption.

It is acknowledging that we do not have control over our democracy and economy-that most Presidents have been Puppets for decades since JFK-That our Media is monopolized, censored and controlled-That there is a small group of International banksters that control the Worldwide economy through The Federal Reserve, Bank of England, World Bank, IMF-that we have a massive Military Industrial Complex that creates new Anti-American terrorists every day-that we spy on our citizens and have more blacks in prison today than there were ever slaves-that the CIA is a rogue agency-that religion is simply a tool of manipulation to control the masses-that of the 100 wealthiest economies in the World over 50% are now Multi-National Corporations and less than 50% are nations-that prescription pills, fluoride, GMOs, HFCS, processed foods are terrible for you and cannabis is a medicinal plant with hundreds of treatments-that our ecosystems are falling apart.

There is no time left for writing letters-that is the fundamental difference between older and younger Americans-you still want to work within the corrupted system while we want to tear it down and usher in a new era.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 12-04-2013 at 10:24 AM..

Old 12-04-2013, 10:19 AM

23,841 posts, read 24,087,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
It is much more than acknowledging that there are self-serving local politicians and corruption.

It is acknowledging that we do not have control over our democracy and economy-that most Presidents have been Puppets for decades-That our Media is monopolized, censored and controlled-That there is a small group of International banksters that control the Worldwide economy through The Federal Reserve, Bank of England, World Bank, IMF-that we have a massive Military Industrial Complex that creates new Anti-American terrorists every day-that we spy on our citizens and have more blacks in prison today than there were ever slaves-that the CIA is a rogue agency-that religion is simply a tool of manipulation to control the masses.

There is no time left for writing letters-that is the fundamental difference between older and younger Americans-you still want to work within the corrupted system while we want to tear it down and usher in a new era.
I didn't realize that 42 was old.

Anyway, I realize that some people are a lost cause, and are unable to see the big picture and the framework within which they can work, even when it's spelled out clearly for them. Those people are the ones calling for "ushering in a new era."

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

Out of curiosity, what's your plan for "ushering in" that "new era"?

Old 12-04-2013, 10:27 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
it's ok chuck, i understand some people get confused by all these big words and big numbers.

Oh yea, I do understand that people get confused, look at your post...

Old 12-04-2013, 10:27 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,923,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I didn't realize that 42 was old.

Anyway, I realize that some people are a lost cause, and are unable to see the big picture and the framework within which they can work, even when it's spelled out clearly for them. Those people are the ones calling for "ushering in a new era."

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

Out of curiosity, what's your plan for "ushering in" that "new era"?

It's not old-Act your age then. We're all ushering it in-I have no grand plan but it sure is a very exciting time to be living.

I just enjoy my life to the fullest and appreciate all my blessings. I avoid the system as much as possible and do not pay attention to all the blabber and non-sense from partisan hacks and Corporate mouth-pieces that will do anything to uphold the status quo.

Distract and Divide is the mantra.

Old 12-04-2013, 10:29 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,674,960 times
How fitting, that the name of that website is "Hot Air"

Old 12-04-2013, 10:33 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,368,509 times
Quote:
The largest and growing segment is among independents, 41 percent of the total.
There's hope for the country yet!

Old 12-04-2013, 10:34 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,980,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
It's not old-Act your age then. We're all ushering it in-I have no grand plan but it sure is a very exciting time to be living.

I just enjoy my life to the fullest and appreciate all my blessings. I avoid the system as much as possible and do not pay attention to all the blabber and non-sense from partisan hacks and Corporate mouth-pieces that will do anything to uphold the status quo.

Distract and Divide is the mantra.

That is about all you can do, in not getting sucked in by it.

Old 12-04-2013, 10:34 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I don't know where you are getting this nonsense from. Are you sure you aren't being fed a bunch of propaganda?
Clearly you did not read the link because it states that millennials are going more independent, not Republican seeing the Republican numbers have barely moved over the course of Obama's presidency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies