Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 03:23 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,329,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
They're going independent. But seeing as the GOP continues to push religious extremism and social issues, both of which millenials disagree with them about, they're still not going to be inclined to vote Republican.
Do you agree with all of the positions of any one given party or candidate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2013, 03:41 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,085,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Nope.

Old 12-04-2013, 04:49 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,743,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
No.

Old 12-04-2013, 04:58 PM

26,954 posts, read 15,172,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
I would like to think that perhaps it is this generation who dismantles the two party platform.

My two children -- both Millenials -- are starting to realize that when people don't think critically before voting, things like Obama happen.

Thanks for the glimmer of Hope.

I have received none at all from the Whitehouse or Congress for years now.

Old 12-04-2013, 05:01 PM

12,268 posts, read 6,437,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link: Harvard poll: Millennial meltdown for Obama « Hot Air

Too bad these fools inflicted him on us not once but twice. Better late than never, I suppose.
I wouldn`t put a lot of stock in what young people today know about anything. How political savvy can a generation be that doesn`t know the capitol of Canada?

http://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/harvard-uni...ital-1.1550441

Old 12-04-2013, 05:14 PM

29,452 posts, read 16,432,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Please provide a direct quote of what you say.....per the survey....
LMFAO, this comment is funny considering this is a thread about an article written about an article that was written about the survey. neither the OP, his article, or the article it sources from actually links to the survey.

The OP of this thread includes no direct quotes. I guess my point i, take your own advice.

But to get to the point of your comment, wanting to recall Obama is not the same as wanting a republican (which is what the OP is trying to claim). Here is the poll itself, with no spin, just their results.

Demographic and Political Profile - Fall 2013 Survey | The Institute of Politics at Harvard University

#5 on the Survey answers your question

"If you could recast your 2012 vote for President today, for whom would you vote ? "

only 1% of Obama voters would have voted for Romney over Obama, but 4% of Romney votes say they would have voted for Obama.

Republican Congressional approval is 19%

Democratic Congressional approval is 35%

Barack Obama's approval rating is 41%

Why exactly do Republicans continue to talk about the President's approval rating as if it is the lowest of the 3 when in fact it is the highest ???

Old 12-04-2013, 05:15 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,520,476 times
They probably believed they would get 'free healthcare' and 'free college'.

They probably still want those things.

Old 12-04-2013, 05:20 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,655,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I wouldn`t put a lot of stock in what young people today know about anything. How political savvy can a generation be that doesn`t know the capitol of Canada?

Harvard University students can't name Canada's capital | CTV Ottawa News
That's why they helped Obama get elected. They don't know any better.

Old 12-04-2013, 05:21 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,655,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
LMFAO, this comment is funny considering this is a thread about an article written about an article that was written about the survey. neither the OP, his article, or the article it sources from actually links to the survey.

The OP of this thread includes no direct quotes. I guess my point i, take your own advice.

But to get to the point of your comment, wanting to recall Obama is not the same as wanting a republican (which is what the OP is trying to claim). Here is the poll itself, with no spin, just their results.

Demographic and Political Profile - Fall 2013 Survey | The Institute of Politics at Harvard University

#5 on the Survey answers your question

"If you could recast your 2012 vote for President today, for whom would you vote ? "

only 1% of Obama voters would have voted for Romney over Obama, but 4% of Romney votes say they would have voted for Obama.

Republican Congressional approval is 19%

Democratic Congressional approval is 35%

Barack Obama's approval rating is 41%

Why exactly do Republicans continue to talk about the President's approval rating as if it is the lowest of the 3 when in fact it is the highest ???
I would take Independent over Obama any day. In fact it was Obama that caused me to swing right.

Old 12-04-2013, 05:24 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,018,379 times
If you look at the way Obama tries to market his ideas to young people, he really thinks very little of them. Just look at the Obamacare ad with the keg. Now he is advocating young people push others into signing up for Obamacare while out drinking in bars. It's really pathetic and insulting. But I guess he figures they bought into his rhetoric before so why not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies