Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2013, 09:55 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times

Advertisements

If they get that much I bet people will stop eating out at fast food so much, then they lose their job. How does that help them?

Old 12-06-2013, 11:22 PM

1,160 posts, read 1,430,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
If they get that much I bet people will stop eating out at fast food so much, then they lose their job. How does that help them?
I'm discouraged at the cost of fast food already. I can eat at home for three days for what it costs to eat at pseudo meat burger one time if I "super size" it.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:26 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
There very well may be fewer burger joints (or other low paying businesses) but the ones that do operate will pay their employees better and probably be able to get better employees. It's not about quantity of things all the time.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:39 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,254,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 979Texan View Post
This is so pathetic. These idiots who wrap your tacos and put together your burgers want $15/hr and to be able to unionize. Get some marketable skills if you want to make more money. What a joke!!!

I don't have to stuff my face with fast food (admittedly it is good now and then, though). This argument falls on deaf ears as I don't feel sorry for someone that works in fast food.

Local fast food workers strike over wages | News - Home
Wait...tacos WITH burgers??? Give it to 'em!

Old 12-06-2013, 11:45 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,652,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 979Texan View Post
This is so pathetic. These idiots who wrap your tacos and put together your burgers want $15/hr and to be able to unionize. Get some marketable skills if you want to make more money. What a joke!!!

I don't have to stuff my face with fast food (admittedly it is good now and then, though). This argument falls on deaf ears as I don't feel sorry for someone that works in fast food.

Local fast food workers strike over wages | News - Home

You just called Americans who work fast food jobs "idiots."

Texas sure is producing a bunch of disrespectful trash these days.

Old 12-07-2013, 12:22 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,957,018 times
Capitalism is a Dog eat Dog world with the survival of the fittest and strong kind of mentality. In this case, the ones that can rig the system and buddy up with the government tend to do the best.

That is part and parcel of the survival of the fittest. Take every advantage you can get.

These people striking are only doing the same thing, trying to fight back in a dog eat dog kind of world and they have every right to do so. Those that would like to shut them up are against freedom and pro fascism.
Owning the government is not enough and they would like to shut up the common person that speak out about it. These are the kind of people creating free speech zones and against freedom of expression throughout history.

The same ones against these people are the same kind of people that were all for opening the gates to illegal immigration and for global free trade that was also responsible for the shuttering of many jobs in this country so that they could push our technological and industrial know how to Commie China so that they could get more money on their stocks when they sell the substandard products back to American's at an expensive price when you consider Chinese were paid 100 bucks a month via Walmarts and other China Marts.

Fast Food Joints used to be for High School kids and the like, but many low and medium skill blue collar jobs do not exist anymore since we have been turned into a service economy to fatten the wallets on wall street.

The condition this country is in all lies on the fault of those that have twisted our economic policies to serve a few elite at the expense to the rest of the country. The Middle and lower class do not have the political and monetary power to shape the policies like they do.

Rest Assured, the same people that helped push our technological and industrial know how to Commie China will be chanting for the poor and middle class to go fight against the Chinese should it ever come to that. These cockroaches will not be lifting a weapon to do it.

Old 12-07-2013, 03:08 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
What's the price of a Big Mac there?
About €5. I was there 2 years ago. Were you hoping it cost €10?

Old 12-07-2013, 03:11 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yep. How dare Americans expect an American corporation to be just as generous at home as they are abroad.

LMAO...you can't make this stuff up.

When I lived in Germany, workers at McDonald's got 5 weeks paid vacation, maternity leave paid, paid sick days, etc....and they were a CASH COW over there and still are.

But giving Americans even a penny raise will bankrupt the corporations and make hamburgers go up another 5 bucks if you let conservatives tell it.
It's best that they do what Obama said to them in 2006. To just shut up and sit in the back of the bus where they belong. If we listened to conservatives back then, we would still have child labor laws, no regulatory agencies, because they would bankrupt the economy Hell, we would still have slavery because farms can't survive without free labor! Anything and everything will disrupt the economy and cause us to go bankrupt. Best to just not listen to them and go full steam ahead without them. Western Europe told their RWNJs to frig off, and they are doing much better than us in every quality of life measurement

Old 12-07-2013, 03:29 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times
I worked in fast food when I was in high school and college. Everyone else was the same. These days I see people in their 30's doing the same jobs.

I know it's been said time and again here, but burger flipper wasn't meant to be a career. The skill set to use a spatula just isn't all that rare or in short supply.

If all these people walk off the job, I'm sure there are high school and college kids ready to fill the openings.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:07 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumacher713 View Post
Minimum wage should be in the area of 21 dollars an hour with adjusted inflation. It really is not that stupid. Kind of find your statement pathetic. Maybe you should have some clue what you are talking about.

In a free market, your......

P
rofessionalism
Responsibility
Integrity
Dependability
Education

Determines your worth to the public.

Not some set fee, or a fixed price.

To start, fast food workers here in Austin make more than minimum wage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies