Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 08:13 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
Even as a left-leaning moderate.....I thought this interview was pretty pitiful. Chris Matthews is nothing more than a sycophant and a failed Democratic candidate who doesn't deserve to have his own show. This interview was tantamount to Hannity interviewing Santorum...a slobber fest. There were no "hardballs" thrown towards Obama.

This was a pisspoor interview and a waste of time for both of them.
Thank you for being the lone objective liberal on this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 08:14 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times
I'd call it a success considering Chris Matthews didn't pin him down and try to dry hump him and also did an excellent job of hiding his erection.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:15 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
I'd call it a success considering Chris Matthews didn't pin him down and try to dry hump him and also did an excellent job of hiding his erection.
Good point! The most dramatic moment in the whole interview was when Matthews asked Obama to sign his chest with a sharpie.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:21 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
Well, some good did come from the interview.

1. Obama admitted that the government is so inefficient, outdated, and bloated that it can't even manage to put up a working website. Hopefully we will see those sound bites running in the next few election cycles.

2. HuffPo and WaPo both called out Matthews (and by extension Obama) for screwing the dancers. HuffPo actually said Matthews "ruined" the little girls' Christmases.
Chris Matthews Ruins Young Ballerinas' Christmases With Obama Interview

Old 12-06-2013, 09:24 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
The 'IRS attack on the Tea Party' turned out, for those who don't keep up, to be another big fat nothingburger served by the Right, with Darryl Issa as the Waiter.

No connivance with the White House, no delay that isn't explained by the rush of applications, no unequal treatment as many progressive groups were also investigated...there were just more Tea Party apps investigated because there were more Tea Party apps submitted.

So far, the GOP's attempts to pin some kind of scandal on this presidency have all gone no where. But I'm sure they'll keep trying...let's see, something about his uncle. Yeah, that's got legs.
Because of people like Chris Matthews covering for him Obama thought he would get away with "if you like your insurance you can keep your insurance period". Obviously it's hard to dispute actual cancellation letters.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:25 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Default WORST Presidential Interview EVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Chris Matthews' interview of the President is not an interview. Its a fireside chat, complete with hot chocolate and room full of mesmerized drooling college students.

What a ****ing wasted opportunity for Chris Matthews!
Not the first time you've been wrong.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:39 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Chris Matthews' interview of the President is not an interview. Its a fireside chat, complete with hot chocolate and room full of mesmerized drooling college students.

What a ****ing wasted opportunity for Chris Matthews!
I'll not even bother to watch this. I can just imagine the types of questions he asked:

"Mr. President, could you relate to us, with one of your favorite compliments that you've received?"

"Mr. President, which of the Harry Potter movies was your favorite?"

Old 12-06-2013, 09:43 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I'll not even bother to watch this. I can just imagine the types of questions he asked:

"Mr. President, could you relate to us, with one of your favorite compliments that you've received?"

"Mr. President, which of the Harry Potter movies was your favorite?"
As if anyone believes that any right winger actually watched it as opposed to the snippet of a clip they showed on Faux News. Like clockwork, within five minutes of anything on Faux, a real credible and fact filled thread is started.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:52 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Because we have a historic, presidential disaster occurring in the present. This is a historic event, as there has not been a worse presidency in US history.
This is another reason why we can't have proper political discourse. People actually believe this and have no concept of actual US history.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:59 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Darn, I wanted to see the comedy show so bad but there was a conflict: Hubby wanted to watch the game, we were watching the weather channel to try and figure out if we were going to get a couple inches or a foot of snow and The Sound of Music was coming on. Obviously Chris was not at the top of the list: I think most of us were well aware the interview would be a joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies