Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 08:41 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times

Advertisements

Today I heard a Dem. Strategist using the word " oversimplification" over and over to avoid using the word "lying".

How hard can it be to admit you believed the person for all these years and it was all a lie and others with common sense already knew....but I do have ro say "oversimplification" sounds nice...just like an "interior janitor assistant" sounds better than "maid" but it comes down to the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 08:44 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Yea, I head them say this before. They said that they believed that Americans wouldn't understand the truth. In other words, they believed Americans are stupid.

Old 12-06-2013, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yea, I head them say this before. They said that they believed that Americans wouldn't understand the truth. In other words, they believed Americans are stupid.
I guess you and me are not stupid, together with the millions not buying the BS and never buying any of the nonsense.

Many Obama fans are no longer fans since now Obama touched their money and not the rich people who provide the jobs.

What a shocker

Old 12-06-2013, 07:30 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
That's funny, when a Republican lies, they simply say it was not intended to be a factual statement.

Not Intended To Be A Factual Statement | Know Your Meme

Figure if this is gonna be a Democrat bashing thread, might want to turn it into an equal opportunity bashing thread cause your Republicans love to tell fibs every chance they get.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:07 AM

It was meant a s funny statement that I heard on tv yesterday...I was surprised how this young Democrat believed her own new version of lying!

The other "funny" thing was Debbie "Blabberman" Schulz and how she tried to answer Wolfe Blitzer (CNN) question on what kind of health care plan she has and how she was trying to get her way out of that question. Great job to Wolfe for at least trying and trying again and to see Debbie stutter herself out of it...and than when she finally had find some kind of story that she probably believed herself...she started to talk fluently again.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:50 PM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Today I heard a Dem. Strategist using the word " oversimplification" over and over to avoid using the word "lying".

How hard can it be to admit you believed the person for all these years and it was all a lie and others with common sense already knew....but I do have ro say "oversimplification" sounds nice...just like an "interior janitor assistant" sounds better than "maid" but it comes down to the same thing.
The dems haven't changed since Clinton. "It depends on what the meaning of the word is, is".

" I did NOT have sexual relations with that woman, Monica Lewinsky".

It doesn't matter to the lefties. Part loyalty is first most.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:54 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Was it oversimplification? That really doesn't matter. Even if it was-it shouldn't have been. People on the left need to be intellectually honest about this.

Also the rabid surprise by the right that a politician would lie seems shocking. Are they really that foolish as to think all the politicians aren't lying? My god...even in grade school I knew how to tell a politician was lying, when their lips move! I swear some on the right and left haven't had the proper grade school instruction.

Still better then Romney would have been. (thats my new left wing talking point in response to this)

Old 12-06-2013, 02:07 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Was it oversimplification? That really doesn't matter. Even if it was-it shouldn't have been. People on the left need to be intellectually honest about this.

Also the rabid surprise by the right that a politician would lie seems shocking. Are they really that foolish as to think all the politicians aren't lying? My god...even in grade school I knew how to tell a politician was lying, when their lips move! I swear some on the right and left haven't had the proper grade school instruction.

Still better then Romney would have been. (thats my new left wing talking point in response to this)
What does "Hope" and " Change" represent to you? If people voted for "change"....there shouldn't be an automatic assumption of lies and deceptions attached to it, should there? Afterall, they voted for "change!"

Old 12-06-2013, 02:35 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
What does "Hope" and " Change" represent to you? If people voted for "change"....there shouldn't be an automatic assumption of lies and deceptions attached to it, should there? Afterall, they voted for "change!"
I didnt vote for hope and change. I voted for a president. A human being. not some catchy slogan.

And you can twist that slogan into anything. hope that we will recover from a massive crash? Hope that he change the direction of job losses we were suffering? come on.

And what? You thought a politician would tell the truth all the time? How about Romney who stood up there saying he was for all Americans, then later saying he really didn't care about 47% of us? Come on.

No matter who you vote for they are going to act like human beings. Presidents arent perfect gods, nor do they truly run our country outside of time of war. And yet all the focus hits them, like they're the ones passing laws. It amazes me.

Old 12-06-2013, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I didnt vote for hope and change. I voted for a president. A human being. not some catchy slogan.

And you can twist that slogan into anything. hope that we will recover from a massive crash? Hope that he change the direction of job losses we were suffering? come on.

And what? You thought a politician would tell the truth all the time? How about Romney who stood up there saying he was for all Americans, then later saying he really didn't care about 47% of us? Come on.

No matter who you vote for they are going to act like human beings. Presidents arent perfect gods, nor do they truly run our country outside of time of war. And yet all the focus hits them, like they're the ones passing laws. It amazes me.
You voted for a president...a person?

Wow...common sense is not too common anymore...I thought people would vote for what a person stands for, for their ideas, their policies, not for if the person is a cool president like an empty suit!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies