Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 08:33 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Why would someone choose to work and be poor at the same time?
Being poor has nothing to do with work. It has to do with your income vs your expenses. When you spend more than you make, you are choosing to be poor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2013, 09:01 AM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Ok, tell us all how to end irresponsible breeding. Are you saying cut off all welfare to an irresponsible female. If that is the case what about the child?

What about those that have 6,8, or more children and make a pretty good income for the area but are considered "poor" so they get FREE Health Insurance, pay NO Federal and actually get MORE back than they paid, and get a food card to feed them for the month ... I say cut these people off FIRST, they would far from poor if they stopped at one or two children.

Old 12-07-2013, 09:10 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The war on poverty was never about helping poor people. Look at the numbers. It is about employment for government union workers.
Bingo, we have a winner!

It's like saying food stamps is keeping poor people from starving when nothing could be further from the truth.

Hi, I am from the government and I am here to help you."

What is really funny is there's people about that are so retarded they really believe that!

By the way Dow AgroSciences, DuPont, Monsanto, and Syngenta thank you for your undying support.

People really are dumb.

Old 12-07-2013, 09:14 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Default The easy way....

The quickest way to end poverty in the U.S. is to make money worthless. No value, no poor or rich right?
Or, just redefine what rich and poor are.

Old 12-07-2013, 10:59 AM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I call Poe's Law.
Motivational Deficiency Disorder (MoDeD) plain and simple nothing more nothing less. How about we reduce taxes, create jobs and you get off your butt and work for 84k?

Old 12-07-2013, 11:08 AM

28,668 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Motivational Deficiency Disorder (MoDeD) plain and simple nothing more nothing less. How about we reduce taxes, create jobs and you get off your butt and work for 84k?
Are you talking to me?

Old 12-07-2013, 11:15 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
The disporportionate outrage about welfare is a direct result of the idea of the "welfare queen" propaganda that Ronald Reagan used effectively during his political career. The idea of taking poor/working white peoples focus off the super rich, and turning it towards the black welfare boogeyman who was the REAL villain making their lives so hard. You can be sure that the majority of people whose knee jerk reaction towards this subject is to talk about "breeding" and such are racially motivated.
So are you saying that the welfare queen problem doesn't exist?

How about the lady with 15 kids that demands that someone be held accountable, demanding that someone pay when it was she who had the 15 kids. How about the guy that fathered 22 kids to different women and he is a dead beat dad. There are so many people like this and people are tired of supporting them.

Old 12-07-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt
Refusing to educate yourself in basic finance is a choice, in essence you are choosing to be poor. Spending more than you make is choosing to be poor.

Democrats always think that throwing more money at the problem is the answer but refuse to understand they must cut expenses. Knowledge is power over your situation. If you don't understand the basics you allow others to have power over you because you become desperate and are easily persuaded to believe lies. Sorry but Obama knows you are desperate and is selling you lies.

Promise riches and the poor will come clamoring when educated people Obama can't legislate prosperity.

Old 12-07-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt
Years ago although I made decent money I had a lot of debt, no money. I was depressed because I felt so poor. I "chose" to do something about it. Little did I know that I was at a cross roads. Continue doing the same thing and I was on the road to poverty regardless of how much I made. I "chose" a better life road of course but this meant changing. I calculated all my debt, made a plan to pay it all off. The 1st thing I did was cut spending. Then I put that money toward paying down debt, using the snowball effect. I used the Internet to educate myself on basic finance, credit and investing. I did buy some books and reading became my entertainment. Now with all debt gone, money in the bank, investments, I feel rich. What a difference that decision made in my life.

More money is not the answer when you don't know how to handle the money you already get.

I chose not to be poor and Obama couldn't have done it for me.

Last edited by petch751; 12-07-2013 at 11:48 AM..

Old 12-07-2013, 07:48 PM

28,668 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So are you saying that the welfare queen problem doesn't exist?

How about the lady with 15 kids that demands that someone be held accountable, demanding that someone pay when it was she who had the 15 kids. How about the guy that fathered 22 kids to different women and he is a dead beat dad. There are so many people like this and people are tired of supporting them.

Most of the "welfare queens" don't look like that woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies