Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 12:50 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,163,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Elizabeth Warren's indian name is "Lies On Race Box."

I thought is was "Fauxchahontas"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 12:52 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,413,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Elizabeth Warren's indian name is "Lies On Race Box."
That and a few others i can think of!

Old 12-06-2013, 12:54 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,676,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Yes. Lying about your background or qualifications to advance your standing in academic circles.
what evidence do you have that she has no native american ancestry?

Old 12-06-2013, 01:13 PM

2,838 posts, read 3,490,901 times
Go get'em Elizabeth!
Elizabeth Warren Versus the Think Tanks - Bloomberg

Old 12-07-2013, 07:45 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,163,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
what evidence do you have that she has no native american ancestry?

She does not have enough if any to be recognized by any tribe in America or to qualify for affirmative action status to get on the Harvard faculty.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:35 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,461,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You folks are pathetic. Seriously.

So she claimed she was part indian...BECAUSE SHE THOUGHT SHE WAS.

Did Elizabeth Warren check the Native American box when she ‘applied’ to Harvard and Penn? - The Washington Post

And...this is a pretty common thing believe it or not. Its all he said she said stuff about family histories, sometimes it is true, sometimes it isn't. Sometimes its family feuds from long ago where marrying a part Indian was a bad thing, so the other side accused them of it. Again..this is a very common mistake made. Its even very possible she has some Cherokee blood, but not enough to claim it. Also another common mistake. She has contributed to a indian cook book however...I suppose that could be viewed as a benefit...is that it?

And this is the thing you guys use against her? Really? This is a truly pathetic attack. Her marking it on her forms has had no apparent benefit to her in any way apparently. But this is your controversy? A mistake made by thousands and thousands of people.

And now she is abusing her position by saying that anonymously paid for attacks on political figures by corporations shouldnt be allowed? Really? This is what gets your goat? That she wants the underlying cause of an attack ad to be apparent?

Truly sad when this is so important, when there are so many other more important things.
you really believe she thought she was: Give me a break as Stossel would say!!!!!

Le Roi I guess you don't really follow politics to closely: she admitted it, that is the proof!!!!

Old 12-07-2013, 06:25 PM

57,074 posts, read 26,047,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well maybe this article will "ground you".

She's only going after the banks on this.
All companies are allowed to contribute to think tanks with no reporting.

Elizabeth Warren: Big Banks Should Reveal Their Donations to Influential Think Tanks | Mother Jones

The SEC was going to do something about corporate disclosure and political spending but they quietly dropped it.
The SEC Won't Force Corporations to Disclose Their Political Spending (Yet) | Mother Jones

When it comes to business and politics, the politics do not bite the hand that feeds them.

She's on the senate banking committee

Old 12-07-2013, 07:55 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,518,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
I thought Native Americans were a humble people.

I'm pretty sure all of us here posting, but for a very few Europeans, are native Americans.
I was born in the State of Oklahoma, in the US of America. My heritage is Cherokee, Seminole and Scottish.

Old 12-08-2013, 05:48 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,956,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
That article takes a highly suspect leap of interpretive faith, which I'm sure that people of a certain fixed mindset will happily embrace.
The only thing "suspect" is that it doesn't follow the party line, from your POV.

Leftists, indeed, are authoritarian powermongers. EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Old 12-08-2013, 05:52 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,956,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You folks are pathetic. Seriously.

So she claimed she was part indian...BECAUSE SHE THOUGHT SHE WAS.
LOLOLOL!!!! No, because it gave her an "edge" in admissions.

Quote:
Did Elizabeth Warren check the Native American box when she ‘applied’ to Harvard and Penn? - The Washington Post

And...this is a pretty common thing believe it or not. Its all he said she said stuff about family histories, sometimes it is true, sometimes it isn't. Sometimes its family feuds from long ago where marrying a part Indian was a bad thing, so the other side accused them of it. Again..this is a very common mistake made. Its even very possible she has some Cherokee blood, but not enough to claim it. Also another common mistake. She has contributed to a indian cook book however...I suppose that could be viewed as a benefit...is that it?

And this is the thing you guys use against her? Really? This is a truly pathetic attack. Her marking it on her forms has had no apparent benefit to her in any way apparently. But this is your controversy? A mistake made by thousands and thousands of people.
No, she exploited the very "unequal admissions" mechanism she promotes for others. That she didn't verify it legally means she cheated. Plain and simple. Making excuses for her is butt-kissing.

Quote:
And now she is abusing her position by saying that anonymously paid for attacks on political figures by corporations shouldnt be allowed? Really? This is what gets your goat? That she wants the underlying cause of an attack ad to be apparent?
Because we have a first amendment, she absolutely should not be attempting to squash it.

Quote:
Truly sad when this is so important, when there are so many other more important things.
NOTHING trumps character, in terms of importance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies