Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 07:15 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,759,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullyguy View Post
Admittedly, I didn't work hard against Bush but I tried to prevent him from getting into office once and then tried to get him out of office.
Yet Obama is all sunshine and roses for you.

There is a rule I'm governing and it applies to anything, politics, business, finances, etc.

It is that you never want to take on something that is going well. Your chances of success aren't good.

You always want to step in when things are going poorly because you can only do great from there.

Obama has sure proved to be the exception to this rule.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:28 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
That will not stop the 24/7 lies, misinformation and propaganda machine from pumping out the BS, but the right wing will have to find something else to rant about. Maybe revive BENGHAZI or the IRS non- scandal.

LOL--
"accelerating enrollment across the country"...accelerating enrollments in MEDICAID. Aside from the fact that we could refer to even one more enrollment in anything as "accelerating," you certainly are in agreement with Obama, who's been pointing to the ever-increasing number of sheeple being herded into Medicaid via the fed/state sites as a success.

Thank you, Hillary, for blabbing about "affordable health care" in 1991 and the fines that you admitted (after prodding) might have to be imposed for those not subscribing to whatever nebulous criteria you imagined. DH and I decided we'd rather pay that fine, and started a fund dedicated solely to that--one that we continued to add to and which has accrued a quite substantial amount of money.

We, not the gub-ment, will control our health insurance and health care decisions.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:30 AM

8,060 posts, read 3,941,959 times
Default Do Democrats own Obamacare or Does Obamacare own Democrats???

A woman in a hot air balloon realized she was lost. She lowered her altitude and spotted a man in a boat below. She shouted to him, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The man consulted his portable GPS and replied, "You're in a hot air balloon, approximately 30 feet above ground elevation of 2,346 feet above sea level. You are at 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude.

She rolled her eyes and said, "You must be a Republican.

"I am," replied the man. "How did you know?"

"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct. But I have no idea what to do with your information, and I'm still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help to me."

The man smiled and responded, "You must be an Obama-Democrat."

"I am," replied the balloonist. "How did you know?"

"Well," said the man, "you don't know where you are -- or where you are going. You've risen to where you are, due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. You're in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but somehow, now it's my fault ! "

Old 12-07-2013, 07:32 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
What is funny about all this...

Obama passed the Ted Cruz Was Right Act, by executive order and Harry Reid made sure his staff was first in line.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:15 AM

8,017 posts, read 5,853,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Considering my general contempt for both political parties, I gotta say I like the way you think there.
Thank you.

I have that same general contempt for both parties as well. What I would like to do is line them all up and smack them in the head -- with a porcupine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies