Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 04:47 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Fair enough any human endeavor is likely to impinge on other life forms; even a vegan runner is powered by energy from food consumed that might have gone to feed that baby bird that just starved to death.

I think we need to consider the fact that 500,000 birds per year are being killed by these turbines, but my main objection is not the danger to wildlife per se, but the way this admin tramples on rule of law, and reflexively decides for the side that is making campaign contributions.
It's a drop in the bucket compared to the amount of birds killed by cats so spare me about the birds.

How is this particular related to the bolded? Do you think renewable energy contributes more than oil, gas, and coal to campaigns?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2013, 05:16 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
=dv1033;32526291]It's a drop in the bucket compared to the amount of birds killed by cats so spare me about the birds.

How is this particular related to the bolded? [b]Do you think renewable energy contributes more than oil gas, and coal to campaigns?
Total for Oil & Gas: $105,176,582
Lobbying Spending Database Oil & Gas, 2013 | OpenSecrets

Old 12-07-2013, 05:45 PM

545 posts, read 400,305 times
It's about pointing out the massive hypocrisy of the left. How the way all this "Green" technology is suppose to be environmentally and wildlife friendly. But this new policy that apparently lets the free reign of eagle killing and the lefts respond to that?..."Well, you gotta kill a few things here and there".

But when this hypocrisy is pointed out, the left spins it back on you and accuses you of being hypocritical, "when did you become an environmentalist?". I didn't say anything about the environment, I was just pointing out your hypocrisy on your so called "green movement". A pipeline that doesn't' kill anything is bad for the environment but actual killing of living things is ok?. And the way liberals who seem to be ok with this shows you how deep they are in cognitive dissonance just to maintain a twisted ideology. That Pipeline was bad, because Obama said so, Killing birds is ok, why?, Well, because Obama said so. And these same people who are quick to tell you, you are "brainwashed" by Rush and Fox News seem to display the greatest sheep-like mentality. 1984 ain't got nothing on these guys.

Old 12-07-2013, 06:05 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGold View Post
It's about pointing out the massive hypocrisy of the left. How the way all this "Green" technology is suppose to be environmentally and wildlife friendly. But this new policy that apparently lets the free reign of eagle killing and the lefts respond to that?..."Well, you gotta kill a few things here and there".

But when this hypocrisy is pointed out, the left spins it back on you and accuses you of being hypocritical, "when did you become an environmentalist?". I didn't say anything about the environment, I was just pointing out your hypocrisy on your so called "green movement". A pipeline that doesn't' kill anything is bad for the environment but actual killing of living things is ok?. And the way liberals who seem to be ok with this shows you how deep they are in cognitive dissonance just to maintain a twisted ideology. That Pipeline was bad, because Obama said so, Killing birds is ok, why?, Well, because Obama said so. And these same people who are quick to tell you, you are "brainwashed" by Rush and Fox News seem to display the greatest sheep-like mentality. 1984 ain't got nothing on these guys.
LOLZ. So now you care for the birds too? Join the Audubon society. Perhaps you should stop generalizing the left and you may understand how people can have conflicting views and opinions.

Old 12-07-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
LOLZ. So now you care for the birds too? Join the Audubon society. Perhaps you should stop generalizing the left and you may understand how people can have conflicting views and opinions.
See what I mean?....Did I say anything about me caring about birds? Spin, spin, spin. And yes, the left, in general tend to be environmentalist and pro-green, no denying that and like you said, there are exceptions, like with everything else. What point was you trying to make? I wanna "LOLZ" too, so please tell me.

Old 12-07-2013, 06:49 PM

Quote:

No one spun anything. To all of a sudden become environmentally concerned is the hypocrisy when it is all due to just another reason to bash the current administration. The right denies and avoids environmental issues like the plague. As another poster rightly pointed out, oil spills warrant apologies to BP and climate change is to be ignored at all costs. Tell me...have oil spills and toxic pollutants ever killed any living things? Has oil production and usage ever destroyed habitats, both on the soil and the waterways? OMG...even in your post you defend the pipeline and negate the havoc in can cause environmentally on wildlife and eco-systems and you do not see your own hypocrisy. Consumption comes at a price and every alternative and their downsides have to be analyzed and weighed to come to conclusions about long term affects. Maybe piggish selfish people need to lower their carbon footprint for starters instead of bitching and moaning.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
No one spun anything. To all of a sudden become environmentally concerned is the hypocrisy when it is all due to just another reason to bash the current administration. The right denies and avoids environmental issues like the plague. As another poster rightly pointed out, oil spills warrant apologies to BP and climate change is to be ignored at all costs. Tell me...have oil spills and toxic pollutants ever killed any living things? Has oil production and usage ever destroyed habitats, both on the soil and the waterways? OMG...even in your post you defend the pipeline and negate the havoc in can cause environmentally on wildlife and eco-systems and you do not see your own hypocrisy. Consumption comes at a price and every alternative and their downsides have to be analyzed and weighed to come to conclusions about long term affects. Maybe piggish selfish people need to lower their carbon footprint for starters instead of bitching and moaning.
Again, it isn't that the right has all of a sudden become environmentally aware, its the fact that the left have all of a sudden become cool with the destruction of nature just to fit their agenda. You keep trying to say "but the right this and the right that". This isn't about what the right did or believe in or whatever. All they did was point out the hypocrisy of the left on this. The right didn't all of a sudden become environmentalist, they were just stating, "when the hell did the pro-green party become ok with slaughtering animals for decades on end?" You saying, "but you people don't care about oil spills so shut up" makes no sense in any of that.

Again, this isn't about what the right does and believes in, it's holding the left accountable to there own beliefs and standards.

And are you even listening to yourself? "Maybe piggish selfish people need to lower their carbon footprint for starters instead of bitching and moaning". Oh, but the killing of a once engendered species is an acceptable measure for you? How can you be that self-righteous and hypocritical at the same time? I know, by being a liberal.

And my hypocrisy?...really?...see, this is what I mean. You just went off on how killing birds is ok because it's a price to pay, but the pipeline is unacceptable to the environment. Think what you said, that pipeline, would have some debatable impact on the environment, but the wholesale slaughter of birds is a certainty. And you are ok with one and not the other which just so happens to be the same way with Obama. Right.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Again, it isn't that the right has all of a sudden become environmentally aware, its the fact that the left have all of a sudden become cool with the destruction of nature just to fit their agenda. You keep trying to say "but the right this and the right that". This isn't about what the right did or believe in or whatever. All they did was point out the hypocrisy of the left on this. The right didn't all of a sudden become environmentalist, they were just stating, "when the hell did the pro-green party become ok with slaughtering animals for decades on end?" You saying, "but you people don't care about oil spills so shut up" makes no sense in any of that.

Again, this isn't about what the right does and believes in, it's holding the left accountable to there own beliefs and standards.

And are you even listening to yourself? "Maybe piggish selfish people need to lower their carbon footprint for starters instead of bitching and moaning". Oh, but the killing of a once engendered species is an acceptable measure for you? How can you be that self-righteous and hypocritical at the same time? I know, by being a liberal.

And my hypocrisy?...really?...see, this is what I mean. You just went off on how killing birds is ok because it's a price to pay, but the pipeline is unacceptable to the environment. Think what you said, that pipeline, would have some debatable impact on the environment, but the wholesale slaughter of birds is a certainty. And you are ok with one and not the other which just so happens to be the same way with Obama. Right.
Point to where people on the left are "cool" with the killing of wildlife. Have you been dwelling in a cave while wildlife and their habitats have been under attack by the oil and coal industry since forever?

Up to one million birds are killed every year in oilfield production pits, but ya know...Drill Baby Drill.

Oil Field Waste Pit Problems, Region 6 Environmental Contaminants, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service

Judge Throws Out Criminal Case Against Oil Companies For Killing Birds At Drilling Sites - Forbes

Why Coal and Nuclear Plants Kill Far More Birds than Wind Power | Climate Denial Crock of the Week

Last edited by sickofnyc; 12-07-2013 at 08:12 PM..

Old 12-07-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Point to where people on the left are "cool" with the killing of wildlife. Have you been dwelling in a cave while wildlife and their habitats have been under attack by the oil and coal industry?

Up to one million birds are killed every year in oilfield production pits, but ya know...Drill Baby Drill.

Oil Field Waste Pit Problems, Region 6 Environmental Contaminants, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service

Why Coal and Nuclear Plants Kill Far More Birds than Wind Power | Climate Denial Crock of the Week

Judge Throws Out Criminal Case Against Oil Companies For Killing Birds At Drilling Sites - Forbes
And now that Obama Administration is in the process of allowing the slaughter of eagles on wind-farms they are ok with that.

You tell me yourself, right here and now that what the Obama Administration is doing with this policy that would allow the killing of eagles for decades to come is wrong, that President Obama himself is wrong on this issue, I will concede this.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:14 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,078,177 times
So now a corporation will be able to kill hundreds of eagles but a private individual picking up feathers from the eagle that got chopped up from the blades will be sent to jail and pay a big fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies