Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 08:15 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,113,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGold View Post
And now that Obama Administration is in the process of allowing the slaughter of eagles on wind-farms they are ok with that.

You tell me yourself, right here and now that what the Obama Administration is doing with this policy that would allow the killing of eagles for decades to come is wrong, that President Obama himself is wrong on this issue, I will concede this.
Again...point to where anyone is okay with it, but the killing of less migratory birds minus the pollution factor is preferable to the killing of more migratory birds with the pollution factor. Common sense...get some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2013, 08:24 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,350,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
It's a drop in the bucket compared to the amount of birds killed by cats so spare me about the birds.

How is this particular related to the bolded? Do you think renewable energy contributes more than oil, gas, and coal to campaigns?
This is not a battle between Exxon and Solyndra. This is between Solyndra and the Bird Conservancy. Which do you think contributed more to Obama 2012?

Old 12-07-2013, 08:27 PM

545 posts, read 400,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Again...point to where anyone is okay with it, but the killing of less migratory birds minus the pollution factor is preferable to the killing of more migratory birds with the pollution factor. Common sense...get some.
And who decide which is an acceptable number of killing?. You think 30 years worth of unrestrained killing of eagles, a species that was once on the endangered species list is preferable?.

You go on and on about the loss of wildlife and then turn around and say well, loss of wildlife is ok when we do it. And then want to talk about my "common sense"? That's what I get for trying to have a mature and intellectually honest conversation with someone on the left. Get your head out of your backside before you try and tell others about "common sense".

Old 12-07-2013, 08:32 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,069,407 times
A president of the U.S. waves his wand and gives permission, exemptions from federal laws, to wind farm operators to have unlimited amounts of eagle kills for 30 years. There are some on here making the dumbest, lamest excuses as to why it should be acceptable.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:35 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,113,472 times
Quote:
And who decide which is an acceptable number of killing?. You think 30 years worth of unrestrained killing of eagles, a species that was once on the endangered species list is preferable?.

You go on and on about the loss of wildlife and then turn around and say some loss of wildlife is ok when we do it. And then what to talk about my "common sense"? That's what I get for trying to have a mature and intellectually honest conversation with someone on the left. Get your head out of your backside before you try and tell others about "common sense".
When you are living off the grid and not using any common energy resources is the day that you can get up on a soapbox and preach your environmental purity, but until then don't point fingers at others with self-righteous indignation. It's way too hypocritical and transparent and btw...there is no common sense utilized in your thought process if you were unable to figure out the obvious.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:35 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,113,448 times
Quote:
See what I mean?....Did I say anything about me caring about birds? Spin, spin, spin. And yes, the left, in general tend to be environmentalist and pro-green, no denying that and like you said, there are exceptions, like with everything else. What point was you trying to make? I wanna "LOLZ" too, so please tell me.
Because you are generalizing. What hypocrisy? Not all environmentalist agree on the same thing........Some don't like wind farms, some do. How is that hypocrisy? You say you understand the "exceptions" but your posts don't tell it that way....

Here's the LOLZ, you are lumping a group of people together and assuming they all think and believe the same thing just so you can come back and point at them for their "hypocrisy". It's about scoring points against the left and environmentalist for you.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
And who decide which is an acceptable number of killing?. You think 30 years worth of unrestrained killing of eagles, a species that was once on the endangered species list is preferable?
How many eagles are being killed. I want numbers instead of just you throwing out opinions.

Quote:
You go on and on about the loss of wildlife and then turn around and say well, loss of wildlife is ok when we do it. And then want to talk about my "common sense"? That's what I get for trying to have a mature and intellectually honest conversation with someone on the left. Get your head out of your backside before you try and tell others about "common sense".
Who is we? Texas is the leading state with wind farms, you think that's because environmentalists or because of Bush Jr, conservative state legislatures, and Obama?

Get your head outta your backside and stop generalizing, lest you keep getting PWNED.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
A president of the U.S. waves his wand and gives permission, exemptions from federal laws, to wind farm operators to have unlimited amounts of eagle kills for 30 years. There are some on here making the dumbest, lamest excuses as to why it should be acceptable.
There is no wand waving, stop being dense. How many eagles have been killed? Do you know? Because it matters with the argument youre presenting.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:49 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,459,486 times
Does that mean we can hunt those eagles now?

Old 12-07-2013, 08:53 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,918,341 times
What's the alternative ? do you want more Fukushima/ I mean nuclear reactors?
If it honestly concerns you, stop using electricity, or shut up.
The is, solar ya know .
That's what I'm using.
Photovoltaic solar has been available for over 100 years , What exactly are you doing ? nothing right .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies