Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 10:23 PM

125 posts, read 167,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlaker View Post
My thesis advisor didn't. Of course, that was a long time ago. These days, it would be more people asking me to speak at charity luncheons and so forth. Do you do a lot of that sort of thing yourself?
fairlaker, my dear old friend and mental lover otherwise known as, oaktonite. Why did you change your name and create another account? You little spitfire you. How are your multiple restaurants? How are you treating the plebs these days?

Old 12-08-2013, 10:45 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
Governments are by nature corrupt. The USAtard Government.....one of the most corrupt and insane out there.

BUT, BUT, BUT....what about Russia or Kirgizstan, Tickyul??????? Well, the corruption is written into the USAtard's process......kinda accepted that the Scumaticians need the ability to be put on a high pedestal via corruption. If the US Scumaticians shirk their duty to do what is best for this once fine country......instead they do what will keep them in power...and advance what they know is an unworkable ideology...that is the ultimate in corruption.

See, this country has a TON of power......this means that the Scumaticians dirty-deeds are all the more dangerous and hurtful to its citizens and just about everyone else on the globe.

Last edited by tickyul; 12-09-2013 at 12:07 AM..

Old 12-08-2013, 10:52 PM

125 posts, read 167,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlaker View Post
The government is fine. It's the people that low-wattage goobers and whackjobs put into government who cause all the problems.
Big government is good for people like you and me. We the elites get to tell the plebs how to live. Complete control is good, and it keeps the masses in order. We set the rules, but do not have to live by them. Cheers my friend!

Old 12-09-2013, 07:48 AM

993 posts, read 1,560,866 times
I trust the government...to be underhanded.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:11 AM

7,032 posts, read 14,483,506 times
I maintain a reasonable level of trust but also harbor a reasonable level of suspicion about the government. I understand they are looking for our best interests in theory but also suffer from the same human nature biases especially when dealing with emergency situations, the unknown, self preservation, etc.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:01 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,893,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I distrust “some” of the elected representatives in government that are PAID off by the corporate lobbyists. Lobbyists ARE the problem not the government!

"some" is not an option as government is a singular entity. There are those that don't agree with collective minds of the cockroaches who hide when light is shined in their direction as they may be free thinkers. Those singular pieces of the overall picture can do little on their own as the collective is far more concerned about their political careers than the job they are there for - to uphold the Constitution.

If you admit distrust of any aspect of the federal government you must admit to distrusting the whole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies