Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2013, 12:35 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
And you want MORE drugs legalized?

so I guess you like organized crime associated with illegal drugs If weed (the safest drug) was legalized in all 50 states hard drug use including alcohol consumption would drop, and so would the violence associated with the use of hard drugs.. it's a win. win...

I don't like to see people ruining there lives on hard drugs, but it would be better to take a new approach then continue a failed drug war jailing addicts not criminals. by the way alcoholics and fat people are addicts that don't get thrown in jail for their addiction.!!! if all hard drugs were legalized and dolled out free of charge in a park like setting with licensed medical staff and rehab centers.. the violent crime and cartels associated with the prohibition of drugs would be wiped out!!!

sorry if you cant see that.. just keep pushing you bs propaganda most people see right though it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 12:35 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I just we could put all the Prohibitionist in jail like they want to do me for smoking a plant. I really do.

I mean seriously.

The more I think about this issue the more outraged I get. On so many levels. From one of choosing your own medication, to what I do or use in my spiritual practice, to just plain what the hell I want to do as a free spirited human being that's not harming anybody.

Who the HELL do these people think they are?

We evolved in some aspects of society and we have regressed in some aspects of society. Please don't let stupid people make us continue to regress.

I'd be for shipping them all to some tyrannical s***hole like North Korea. Sounds like they'd be at home with the type of ideology over there. All though, go try and make a play of power over there, and it may get you executed, as what happened to Lil' Kim's uncle!

Old 12-13-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
so I guess you like organized crime associated with illegal drugs If weed (the safest drug) was legalized in all 50 states hard drug use including alcohol consumption would drop, and so would the violence associated with the use of hard drugs.. it's a win. win...

I don't like to see people ruining there lives on hard drugs, but it would be better to take a new approach then continue a failed drug war jailing addicts not criminals. by the way alcoholics and fat people are addicts that don't get thrown in jail for their addiction.!!! if all hard drugs were legalized and dolled out free of charge in a park like setting with licensed medical staff and rehab centers.. the violent crime and cartels associated with the prohibition of drugs would be wiped out!!!

sorry if you cant see that.. just keep pushing you bs propaganda most people see right though it

Maybe it keeps him employed?

Old 12-13-2013, 12:43 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:

Why aren't they swapping heroin for pot right now? What makes you think legalization would do it?

Old 12-13-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Your whole argument revolves around the assumption that legalization will remove the abuse, but now you're saying the use of legal drugs is increasing

I never said that stop spouting lies!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said by legalizing all drugs you will get rid of the organized crime and corruption and especially the cartels!!! of course their will be abuse of hard drugs, if someone is going to shoot up heroin or do meth or do 100 percocets a week that person is going to have an abuse problem

Old 12-13-2013, 12:45 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Maybe it keeps him employed?
That's exactly what I'm thinking. You'll notice he will never address the corporate drug epidemic.

I wonder what ol' Finn thinks about the Pharmaceutical Industry trying to patent and profit off the medicinal qualities of Marijuana?
http://www.marinol.com/ Wait a minute, why can Corporations profit off the illegal plant?

I'm sure he has no problem with Corporations making money off the plant yet still thinks a cancer or aids patient deserves to be thrown in jail with a tarnished record for growing the medicine him/herself. I mean how illogical can you get?

Go be a slave to the corporate state somewhere else.

Old 12-13-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Why aren't they swapping heroin for pot right now? What makes you think legalization would do it?

stop spouting lies!!!! I said hard drug use would drop if weed was legalized in all 50 states so would the consumption of hard alcohol..

I know a good bit of people that have totally given up on booze and chose weed.. if weed was totally eradicated those people would go back to drinking booze comprende

Old 12-13-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
stop spouting lies!!!! I said hard drug use would drop if weed was legalized in all 50 states so would the consumption of hard alcohol..

I know a good bit of people that have totally given up on booze and chose weed.. if weed was totally eradicated those people would go back to drinking booze comprende

I know for a fact if weed were completely legal where I could for example buy an ounce at a convenience store, or grow my own, I'd probably stop drinking beer...period.

Old 12-13-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I know for a fact if weed were completely legal where I could for example buy an ounce at a convenience store, or grow my own, I'd probably stop drinking beer...period.
I drink once or twice a year cause I chosen weed the safer drug, I have not smoked weed in like 13 weeks, getting ready to get back on the band wagon soon puff puff.. I went 3 years with out drinking one beer,, I was just taking a break on the weed just to prove to myself that it's not hard to quit for a while.. all in all I like weed, alcohol taste like crap.. but if I could not get any weed I would probably drink more booze..

Old 12-13-2013, 01:08 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,713,034 times
This subject has been debated on this site many, many times. Without going into my usual long an detailed explanation, I'll just add my "vote" to the ever growing group that thinks, "the drug war has been one huge failure" and add a few comments below.

In a nutshell......

It's had negative and far reaching ramifications. Drug laws have increased the power and reach of organized crime and drug gangs resulting in major violence between various gangs and regular citizens caught in the crossfire. They have also resulted in vast amounts of property crimes (robbery/burgulary etc...) to support a habit that is very expensive....and only expensive because the drugs are illegal. I cannot count the number of civil rights weakened or virtually lost due to the "drug war" and on and on and on.

We figured out that banning alcohol was a total failure....and eventually we'll come to the conclusion that the drug war is a failure too ! But, just like alcohol, not before we fail for an extended period of time (we're aparantly slow learners as a group) and the light finally comes on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies