Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2013, 01:55 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
The so-called "drug war" is a dismal failure.
Which is why we need to throw more money into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 01:57 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
That makes sense. What better way to control the masses than by letting them smoke pot? It keeps them happy enough with having nothing, keeps them stupid and content. They lose all their ambition to do anything much with themselves.
Are you serious? Do you not realize that one of the reasons Nixon waged "an all out war" on the plant was to curb Anti-Vietnam war protesters? "Controlling the masses" is effective enough with booze and pills. Have you ever smoked MJ? I'm willing to bet no.

40 Years Ago Today: Congress Was Told To Tell The Truth About Marijuana; They Didn’t | NORML Blog, Marijuana Law Reform

When I read opinions like yours I can't help but think Americans deserve every bit of the Government they have.

Old 12-13-2013, 02:00 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Are you serious? Do you not realize that one of the reasons Nixon waged "an all out war" on the plant was to curb Anti-Vietnam war protesters? "Controlling the masses" is effective enough with booze and pills. Have you ever smoked MJ? I'm willing to bet no.

40 Years Ago Today: Congress Was Told To Tell The Truth About Marijuana; They Didn’t | NORML Blog, Marijuana Law Reform

When I read opinions like yours I can't help but think Americans deserve every bit of the Government they have.
Exactly, weed is a threat to the military industrial complex!

Old 12-13-2013, 02:03 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Exactly, weed is a threat to the military industrial complex!
Yep-It is a threat to all industrial complexes and to our corrupt system!

As Bob Marley once said, "it reveals you to yourself". I'd doubt you'll find many people saying that about booze or pills.

Old 12-13-2013, 02:15 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
I never said that stop spouting lies!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said by legalizing all drugs you will get rid of the organized crime and corruption and especially the cartels!!! of course their will be abuse of hard drugs, if someone is going to shoot up heroin or do meth or do 100 percocets a week that person is going to have an abuse problem
You said the use of LEGAL drugs is a huge proble (an epidemic) in US and your solution is to legalize more drugs. That would only result in a bigger problem.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 12-13-2013 at 02:34 PM..

Old 12-13-2013, 02:20 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Here's a nice new drug to have legal --- so that the traffickers can easily deliver it into ever high school and middle school.

It will be wonderful for the greedy cartels -- and obviously they're already producing it. A couple cases in Arizona already also. Imagine how great things will be when it's sold alongside beer and wine at every grocery store.

Teen Injects Krokodil Into Her Genitals: 17-Year-Old Has 'Rotted' Vagina After 2 Months Of Injections

"The young woman who used this drug had an infection that had rotted her genitals,” José Sotero Ruiz Hernández from Mexico's National Institute of Migration told El Periodico Correo. “It wasn't sexually transmitted. She said she'd been using krokodil for the last two months."

Old 12-13-2013, 02:23 PM

Well --- whatever happens happens. Obama seems to care so little about Americans that these drugs probably will soon be legalized and they'll be sold in every convenience store. Krokodil would be nice and cheap and it destroys the users completely in no time.

We could make sure it's readily available and do some Darwinism quickly.

Old 12-13-2013, 02:27 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
That makes sense. What better way to control the masses than by letting them smoke pot? It keeps them happy enough with having nothing, keeps them stupid and content. They lose all their ambition to do anything much with themselves.

Except some of the most influential people in the world indulged in it throughout the course of time. Not all users of cannabis fit the "lazy stoner" stereotype. Nor do all cannabis users sit on the couch all day smoking a bowl watching tv (quite frankly I can't stand watching much tv anymore, as there is nothing but garbage on anyway). Some of us (I'd say most of us) do in fact work pretty damn hard for a living. Me personally, if and when I partake, it's usually when work is over, I'm home, and any other obligations have been fulfilled. Which of course could be errands, such as shopping, or our kid's sporting events.

Old 12-13-2013, 02:29 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Here's a nice new drug to have legal --- so that the traffickers can easily deliver it into ever high school and middle school.

It will be wonderful for the greedy cartels -- and obviously they're already producing it. A couple cases in Arizona already also. Imagine how great things will be when it's sold alongside beer and wine at every grocery store.

Teen Injects Krokodil Into Her Genitals: 17-Year-Old Has 'Rotted' Vagina After 2 Months Of Injections

"The young woman who used this drug had an infection that had rotted her genitals,” José Sotero Ruiz Hernández from Mexico's National Institute of Migration told El Periodico Correo. “It wasn't sexually transmitted. She said she'd been using krokodil for the last two months."

I've heard about that stuff. I don't know who in their right mind would think to mess with it. Unfortunately, people do dumb s***, and well.... you can't fix stupid!

Old 12-13-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I've heard about that stuff. I don't know who in their right mind would think to mess with it. Unfortunately, people do dumb s***, and well.... you can't fix stupid!
I guess after it's legalized and as plentiful on the store shelves as beer, we can get rid of a lot of moronic people. Maybe that will be the best thing in the end. It's very affordable and gets them a quick high.

The Indian reservations are already facing a big loss of their youth with alcohol an meth, when this stuff hits, their future will be grim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies