Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2013, 06:33 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
The solution is real simple, legalize cannabis tax the hell out of it and use that money to fight the harder drugs like meth, coke and those damn designer drugs. Of course the pharm companies will fight this tooth and nails.

if you tax the hell out of it the black market will remain, not much people will buy the legal weed if it is to expensive, it should be taxed fairly..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 06:47 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
"I have a dream" Martin Luther King
Your dream of tax payer funded drugs is quite different from MLKs dream

Old 12-13-2013, 06:58 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
if you tax the hell out of it the black market will remain, not much people will buy the legal weed if it is to expensive, it should be taxed fairly..
Fair enough, but you will get better quality and the price for the exotic stuff would drop dramatically and the only thing that would be on the black market is the cheap stuff. I do agree with fair taxation of it though

Old 12-13-2013, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Your dream of tax payer funded drugs is quite different from MLKs dream

the us spends 70 billion annually fighting the 76 year old drug war!!! your tax dollars at work the idea I proposed probably could be done for a lot less.. if it could not be done for less and it actually ended up costing more I would say scrap it. then I would say do just what this guy says..

Retired Police Captain demolishes the War on Drugs - YouTube

http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/ten_year...ml?cid=2517882

at least they are trying something^^^^ different, bet they have a lot less crime with such a policy

Last edited by cruxan; 12-13-2013 at 07:13 PM.. Reason: added link

Old 12-13-2013, 07:10 PM

1,369 posts, read 2,274,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
We should build more prisons, pay more for tips, increase surveillance, giver harsher sentences.
The fact is, there are still too many dealers, underage users, adult users, and gangs.

Maybe even get the NSA involved, and bring back the troops for this too.

If we make the police force large enough, maybe we can even make alcohol illegal again once more.
Oh yeah, let's get right on it. In fact let's just cut to the chase and declare martial law and have a curfew that starts at 7:00 pm, and anyone outside their quarters after that is shot. This will reduce the surplus population immediately, and then we can charge everyone for the oxygen they breathe while taxing them for the CO2 they exhale, and ban music, and dancing and then TV will be only for state propaganda and they will all be required to be watching which we can enforce by having cameras in their TV's and jailing those who aren't so we can use them for slaves of the state and any transgressing of the billions of laws and regulations have only two penalties, death and life imprisonment and hey let's start a eugenics program and hire some college professor to weed out all those who need to be sterilized or killed, and why not have a political officer in every home to make sure the families never say anything wrong or think incorrect thoughts, and then we can go through all the data the NSA has on everyone of us and anyone who said anything wrong in their life will be sent to a prison camp for life at hard labor and about that time your vision of humanity's future should be quite well satisfied.

I really do hope you posted from a Federal prison....

Old 12-13-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylewis View Post
Oh yeah, let's get right on it. In fact let's just cut to the chase and declare martial law and have a curfew that starts at 7:00 pm, and anyone outside their quarters after that is shot. This will reduce the surplus population immediately, and then we can charge everyone for the oxygen they breathe while taxing them for the CO2 they exhale, and ban music, and dancing and then TV will be only for state propaganda and they will all be required to be watching which we can enforce by having cameras in their TV's and jailing those who aren't so we can use them for slaves of the state and any transgressing of the billions of laws and regulations have only two penalties, death and life imprisonment and hey let's start a eugenics program and hire some college professor to weed out all those who need to be sterilized or killed, and why not have a political officer in every home to make sure the families never say anything wrong or think incorrect thoughts, and then we can go through all the data the NSA has on everyone of us and anyone who said anything wrong in their life will be sent to a prison camp for life at hard labor and about that time your vision of humanity's future should be quite well satisfied.

I really do hope you posted from a Federal prison....
you left out a few critical things!!! like all politicians and the supper wealthy will be exempt from such harsh and cruel punishments

Old 12-13-2013, 08:10 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,122,942 times
Quote:
Your whole argument revolves around the assumption that legalization will remove the abuse, but now you're saying the use of legal drugs is increasing
USE is not ABUSE

Old 12-13-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Why aren't they swapping heroin for pot right now? What makes you think legalization would do it?
There are under a million people that are addicted to heroin and there are 30-40 million cannabis users. Anything else?

Old 12-13-2013, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I know for a fact if weed were completely legal where I could for example buy an ounce at a convenience store, or grow my own, I'd probably stop drinking beer...period.
Maybe one glass of wine for me but that's it!! Lol. Hangovers suck anyway!

Old 12-13-2013, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Which is why we need to throw more money into it.
Please tell me your kidding. If not, the answer to your statement is ABSOLUTELY NOT!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies