Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2013, 06:45 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,155,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
No, drivers like Ms. Muldowney race at privately owned tracks that are in fact private businesses.

The track owners determine who may race on their track and even what sort of racing may take place.

Circle-track racers would not be welcome at a drag strip and vice versa.

Circle-track drivers have never sued drag strip owners because racers, as tangentially attached to sanity as may be the case, still posses enough common sense to realize they should simply go somewhere else to conduct their business.

Enter the homosexual agenda and liberal thought police.
I wasn't aware different types of race car drivers were a protected class. Not to mention choosing to offer one service or product (circle track or drag) does not mean that you have to offer all types of service or product. See, a baker can CHOOSE to make wedding cakes. IF they choose to make wedding cakes they can not discriminate based on the race religion, gender, or sexual orientation of the person wishing to purchase those wedding cakes. The bakery can choose not to offer wedding cakes at all, then they would not have to sell wedding cakes to those evil gays.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
I said it, I stand by it AND I'm not Christian I'm Jewish.

According to Judaism it would be forbidden to bake that cake even if Colorado had a death penalty for not baking the cake!
If you can not follow the laws of doing business, then you should not open a business.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:00 AM

40,934 posts, read 48,994,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
If you can not follow the laws of doing business, then you should not open a business.
And the college Notre Dame should close their doors since they do not want to provide BC or Abortions due to their Catholic Religion ?

Old 12-09-2013, 07:03 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,953,343 times
Me being me, if someone doesn't want my business, f*** 'em!!! I'll take it elsewhere!!! Someone else will indeed take my money.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
And the college Notre Dame should close their doors since they do not want to provide BC or Abortions due to their Catholic Religion ?
SCHOOLS do not have religions. BUSINESSES do not have religions. CHURCHES do have religions. If people want to run a religious organization, they can open a CHURCH. If they want to run a BUSINESS then they have to follow the law just like any other person that operates a BUSINESS.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:18 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,549,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
your not the first person who thought that Jews should not be allowed to open open a business.

1933 Nazi boycott of Jewish businesses - YouTube

Old 12-09-2013, 07:26 AM

Quote:
your not the first person who thought that Jews should not be allowed to open open a business.

Sure they can, but they have to follow the laws just like everyone else. Your religion doesn't give you the right to break the law.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:30 AM

1,261 posts, read 2,141,717 times
Quote:

So, not being allowed to discriminate and assault people at will is now equivalent to Nazism? I call Godwin's Law! NY Jew has now officially forfeited the discussion and lost what precious little credibility he had. He has also been added to my ignore list. I suggest everyone else do the same.

Last edited by Lunar Delta; 12-09-2013 at 07:39 AM..

Old 12-09-2013, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
"That is Judaism" is not an excuse for failing to exercise your capacity for rationality, or for not following the ethic of reciprocity, which if I am not mistaken is also strongly emphasized in Judaism.

You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against your kinsfolk. Love your neighbor as yourself: I am the LORD. —Leviticus 19:18

That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole Torah; the rest is the explanation; go and learn it. —Talmud, Shabbat 31a

"That is Judaism" is just your excuse for cherry-picking specific sections from scriptures to support your own preexisting prejudices. You can claim otherwise until your face turns blue and you pass out from oxygen deprivation, but your motives are as transparent and pellucid as glass to us.

This is how the talmud (Sanhedrian 45 A) understood the verse "Love your neighbor like yourself" in regards to practitioner of homosexuality, when taking him out to be stoned to death give him an easy death.

you're the one who was cherry picking.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
So, not being allowed to discriminate and assault people at will is now equivalent to Nazism? I call Godwin's Law! NY Jew has now officially forfeited the discussion and lost what precious little credibility he had. He has also been added to my ignore list. I suggest everyone else do the same.
saying that Jews who follow Judaism should not be allowed to open a business is very similar to Nazisim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies