Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2013, 01:14 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Somebody better go break it to the Mormons that they don't have any religious freedoms.
I said the definition of the word religion which can include a new religion provided they fit into the previous definition of the word.

But any definition of the word "religion " that would that includes atheism, or personal beliefs, is not covered by the amendment, to any person who knows how to think.

Old 12-11-2013, 01:15 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
prove to me that all gays are not bisexual

she said she was a lesbian not a bisexual

fact is only the gullible believe there is such a thing a sexual orientation, people have the potential to sexually desire anyone or anything if they so CHOOSE. Societies judgement has a major impact in who people are sexually attracted to which is why people from different culture desire different types of people. Socities acceptance of this perversion is what led to mass homosexuality, a aids epidemic, and your much talked about LGBT suicides.

Your posts are becoming funnier and more irrational by the minute. Well done!

Old 12-11-2013, 01:16 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykibs View Post
I have no idea what point you're trying to make with this statement.
freedom of religion is not limited to a house of worship.

it applies in my house, in the street, and in my bakery.

Old 12-11-2013, 01:17 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
No, it's not his choice. Anti-discrimination laws exist, he's obliged to follow them just like the rest of us. Where does liking people come into it?

Yes, just terribly out of hand. Absolutely disastrous. I don't know how the right-wingers can face the day knowing some stranger might not be subject to discriminatory business practices. It must be just awful for you, I hope.
That's funny, because we disagree on a subject you hope things are awful for me...

Old 12-11-2013, 01:19 PM

723 posts, read 634,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
That's funny, because we disagree on a subject you hope things are awful for me...
sarcasm: definition of sarcasm in Oxford dictionary - British & World English (US)

Old 12-11-2013, 01:20 PM

511 posts, read 799,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Yes, everyone picks and chooses, but they think that the law doesn't apply to them because of their personal beliefs.

If my personal belief is that I should never wear clothing, does that exempt me from public decency laws? No, I would be taken to jail. Just like the bakers personal beliefs do not exempt him from anti discrimination laws.
There is no dispute that the baker broke the law, and the law exists. Why do you coming back to that? We can dispute the future consequences of having a law that forces a business owner to conduct a transaction against their wishes. This is a new category of law involving sexual orientation and it goes both ways. A gay business owner must provide services to a Westboro Baptist Church member. If the government can force a business to provide service, what else can they do?

Also, why isn't this bakery considered a private business? A public business would be a business traded by the public with multiple shareholders.

Old 12-11-2013, 01:20 PM

723 posts, read 634,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
freedom of religion is not limited to a house of worship.

it applies in my house, in the street, and in my bakery.
100%, and none of that gives you the right to break any other law.

Old 12-11-2013, 01:22 PM

650 posts, read 514,067 times
Attention Cake Maker's

There is no opportunity to express the belief if there is nothing but a rejecting answer to the neighbor who is presented to the business as a customer. no opportunity to be an instrument of peace. For example if invited to celebrate, that would be encouraging what is not believed in, and a pass is possible

Therefore the position of rejection can only be received regardless as ill founded, simply because it is all that can be understood. Thats not the faith. What can be understood, communicated is what the faith is all about in the day to day.

If a bank robber came in for a cake to celebrate a heist, the cake gets baked.The cake maker is not responsible for the customers personal life one way or another, pic and choose is not what the faith is.

Last edited by alexcanter; 12-11-2013 at 01:52 PM..

Old 12-11-2013, 01:22 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
This kind of gross oversimplification is both childish and incredibly insulting to the people being discussed.
But that's okay because it's just **** and dykes. It's still okay to insult them because, as much as people say they have no problem with them, they still dislike them deep down.

I see SO many people on this thread who have no idea what it's like to be made to feel "less than."

Just get over it. Go to another baker. Spoken like people who have never had to walk a mile in those shoes.

Old 12-11-2013, 01:23 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by NY Jew

freedom of religion is not limited to a house
of worship.

it applies in my house, in the street, and in my
bakery.
So, pray in your house, in the street and in your business. Nobody is stopping you. You still have no right to discriminate.

Last edited by weltschmerz; 12-11-2013 at 01:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies