Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 12:38 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times

Advertisements

I mentioned shortly after the Snowden thing broke that they are going to have a very difficult time recruiting the best and brightest after this.

NSA Leaks: Morale Down After Edward Snowden | TIME.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 04:42 PM

The NSA is brilliant. They actually have people believing in their ability to be everyplace at everytime. Saves you a lot of money to merely project the spectre of capability when it doesn't exist. They can afford to lose a lot of people, because many will still believe they have the computational power to number crunch every bit that arrives in their bit bucket.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:54 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Good. The NSA needs to be trimmed down to size. The agency has a way of getting way to big for it's britches, and always wants more and more.
Holding their feet to the fire will only slow them down for a little while. They will be back to their old funny business in no time.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:20 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,075,211 times
Det. Gore L&O criminal intent was always watching body language. I learned something from it. When Clapper gave his congressional testimony, he gave a big 'tell' that he was lying. Looking down, lightly scratching his head while talking. His answer was a big lie.
Imagine you're in your early 20's, just got out of IT school looking for a job. Not familiar with what exactly the mission of the NSA. At the job interview, you see banks of computers and a lot of people. He asks 'what do you do here?' Answer from NSA recruiter- 'We spy on American citizens, we violate their 4th amendment rights 24/7. We listen to their phone calls, read their e-mail, watch what web sites they visit. And we do all this without bothering to get a search warrant for any of them. Hey!! we don't need no stinkin' search warrant'. Thanks for the insight, but no thanks. I'll look for a job at McDonalds or Wal-mart.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:35 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,929,707 times

Their morale shouldn't just be down, it should be crushed. Besides, how low can it be anyway when they are being paid to play video games all day? Boo-fricken' hoo.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:39 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,494,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post

Their morale shouldn't just be down, it should be crushed. Besides, how low can it be anyway when they are being paid to play video games all day? Boo-fricken' hoo.
What is your knowledge about what the NSA does aside from a bunch of conspiracy theorist and the paranoid brainwashing news sources?

Old 12-09-2013, 10:51 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Its also a fact the companies like Google and such are challenging the requirement to disclose since they learned that their foreign businesses computers where apparently hacked by NSA.I have always sid the NSA terms of search need to comply wit supreme court standards of probable cause to search as established by supreme court. The excuse we are ding it for your own good does fly as we could apply same standards and probably save a lot of lives in police enforcement of our laws.Every year murders go free when probable cause with good intent is found to be flawed by technicality in search; disallow evidence obtained.Other cases are overturn by same.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:53 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,929,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
What is your knowledge about what the NSA does aside from a bunch of conspiracy theorist and the paranoid brainwashing news sources?

I prefer BBC, NPR and The Guardian. Why?

Old 12-10-2013, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I get all my info from former and current NSA workers who may or may not share information with me.

(may or may not added for plausible deniability) Plus, I don't want to affect my colleagues' chance for maintaining their clearances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies